Fixed growths / Maddening changed?

LukeB

At launch, on a fresh Maddening run Alear would always get HP Dex and Spd on his first level up. 

My spouse just started a Maddening run for the first time, and their Alear got HP STR, SPD, and DEF instead.

Did they change something about fixed fixed growths? Or did they make Maddening default to random growths?

Yes, as for now Maddening mode has random growths. Even if a player is half way through the 1st run, has been raising the characters on a fixed growth rate, the rest of the game will have random growths.

I believe this is unintended, or a bug. Some twitter player posted a screenshot of new game mode settings after he cleared the game on Hard. The random growths option on Maddening is still greyed out, meaning that the developers intended to make the 1st run on Maddening have fixed growths.

that's a really weird bug. I've heard claims that if you update with an existing save, characters recruited before the update will have fixed growths, while new characters will have random (seems weird to me idk) and if you have beat the game on maddening before and select fixed growths, they will be correctly fixed. Can anyone verify these claims?

4 minutes ago, Galap said:

that's a really weird bug. I've heard claims that if you update with an existing save, characters recruited before the update will have fixed growths, while new characters will have random (seems weird to me idk) and if you have beat the game on maddening before and select fixed growths, they will be correctly fixed. Can anyone verify these claims?

Yes. Aggro Incarnate confirmed the information in Mekkah's Discord the one day.

The solution appears to be beating Hard Mode first (it will work as intended after Hard Mode is cleared) or not updating to 1.3.