Fe4 avatar fanfic question

Jathan

Well, you could try looking for something like that on AO3. I can't guarantee that what you're looking for will be there, but it's worth a shot. And hey, if there's nothing on the market, why not introduce something to fill the void? It might not be a bad idea to make a fanfic of your own if you're interested.

Anyway, to answer your other question, Fire Emblem games before New Mystery didn't really have avatar units like we do with newer games. You could argue FE7 did it first with Mark, but he wasn't playable; he was kinda just a background character that acted as a player insert. The closest character to fulfill an avatar role would maybe be Oifey, but even that's really pushing it.

I can't really think of a good way to introduce a new character to FE4 that wouldn't derail the main story to some capacity since they'd have to be accommodated for their inclusion; it's not the kind of game or story with avatars in mind (see New Mystery). With that said, I think the best course of action would be to introduce an OC in some kind of side story set in Jugdral (that isn't Thracia 776). FE4 is pretty rich in backstory if you dig deep enough; there's plenty to work with.