New Heroes & Rearmed Tana

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is ... is Tana even that popular? ;/

She literally got a lead in a Harmonic last year already. Innes's last alt, while still pretty good for a free unit, was a few years ago. I would've even been okay with Rearmed L'Arachel with a blue or green tome or staff since I don't think she's had an alt since the same time as Innes. But ... but TANA??? Does a fucking Tanadev exist?

Also, I guess they decided to just give up on the whole "Arcane Weapons are eeeeevil" thing already. And really ... if they were going to go with bows as the next rearmed weapon, they really should've just gone with Innes. Like, people would've still pulled for him just for the bow.

They also decided to ... waste both Vanessa and Syrene in a banner with Tana already on it. I would've preferred Moulder as another 4-star demote healer over wasting Vanessa like this, now Sacred Stones has no NEW female characters. Honestly, sometimes I think the devs are stupid.

Edited by Sunwoo

Setting aside my annoyance about Innes being totally and wrongly ignored, I do like Tana and she is a favorite from Sacred Stones. But she shouldn't have been on this banner. Anyway! I do want that Arcane Bow, and I'm very happy to see Gilliam, I definitely would like to summon him at least once.

Tana has the same JP VA (Kumi Tanaka) as Nowi. One of these characters has four alts, and the other one has just one. Even as a Tana stan, this is just absurd at this point.

And sorry, we were never getting Innes here especially since he just got a Resplendent. Them picking Tana over him was completely predictable (as was this entire character lineup).

As for it not being L'Arachel, I'm starting to think they might be saving her for a Legendary instead.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

And sorry, we were never getting Innes here especially since he just got a Resplendent.

I don't think the timing of his Resplendent matters. I don't think that kind of timing usually matters in general, to be honest. Just look at Base Shez and Legendary Shez.

23 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

They also decided to ... waste both Vanessa and Syrene in a banner with Tana already on it. I would've preferred Moulder as another 4-star demote healer over wasting Vanessa like this, now Sacred Stones has no NEW female characters. Honestly, sometimes I think the devs are stupid.

Ismaire and Rearmed/Ascended L'Arachel confirmed for next Sacred Stones banner.

I'm also kind of baffled that Engage has had only one banner. 3H had two banners back-to-back, you'd think IS would strike while Engage is still fresh and new. Alcryst is also there as an option to give a rearmed bow to. But they .... just didn't do that either ...

Sacred Stones basically has Franz, Moulder, Garcia, Forde, Kyle, regular Artur, regular Saleh, and regular Dozla left. Uh, have fun.

I have every Tana so far and all of her kit would work wonderfully on my +10 Summer Elincia...yeah, I'm pulling on this banner.

Anyways, let's see if I can read these guys skills correctly this time after my oopsie with Triandra's dance skill:

• Gilliam's prf has Slaying, gives +6 atk to him and -6 atk on foe, reduces foe's Atk/Def based on his Def, 40% dmg reduction on first hit and gives Iote's Shield as a status. Vengeful Fighter 4 has a better HP threshold, inflicts -4 atk and has omnibreaker. 
  • Syrene's prf has Slaying, Spectrum+5, reduces foe's Atk/Spd/Def based on her Spd, 40% dmg reduction on first hit and Flow.
  • Vanessa exists.
  • The Arcane bow has Slaying, Spectrum+5, guaranteed follow-up, 30% dmg reduction on first hit and gives 4+ Atk depending on the foe's special CD, at most it should give +10 on foes that are running a 1CD special. R!Tana herself gets an exclusive B-skill that gives Canto 1, teleportation and the debuff based Clash effect. Guidance 4 is pretty nutty as it now allows a bigger teleportation range, gives Drive Atk/Spd and Drive Flow. 

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm also kind of baffled that Engage has had only one banner. 3H had two banners back-to-back, you'd think IS would strike while Engage is still fresh and new. Alcryst is also there as an option to give a rearmed bow to. But they .... just didn't do that either ...

Sacred Stones basically has Franz, Moulder, Garcia, Forde, Kyle, regular Artur, regular Saleh, and regular Dozla left. Uh, have fun.

I, too, am baffled that Engage hasn't gotten more. I thought they'd take up January's AND February's New Heroes slots.

The situation Sacred Stones is in is just like Shadows of Valentia now. SoV has, what, Nomah, Jesse, Mycen, and regular Deen left? I definitely see a whole lot of Eirika/Ephraim/Myrrh/L'Arachel New Heroes alts if/when they finish off SS.

Now watch as Blazing Blade's next New Heroes banner uses both Isadora and Vaida, for some reason.

17 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't think the timing of his Resplendent matters. I don't think that kind of timing usually matters in general, to be honest. Just look at Base Shez and Legendary Shez.

Perhaps not, but I personally feel that it didn't help.

At any rate, IS kinda hates giving the Ascended / Rearmed slot (Ascended more so than Rearmed) to a guy so that gave Tana better odds by default.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I guess they didn't want Engage competing with the AHR banner next week. So instead, they threw this banner out to die (and it probably will, with or without AHR's help).

If Engage gets skipped again in April (with Golden Week looming soon after), then I'm gonna start asking questions.

Gilliam is certainly interesting by himself... well, the supportive aspect he has anyway. Granting nearby Flier allies the Iotes Shield effect should be quite helpful in enabling some of their bulk that would have otherwise been lost because of bows.
The rest of his kit is so... expected of an armor unit. Vengeful Fighter 4 offers some more defensive effects, and I think it updates the special charge effect to be for all attacks instead of just the units? I'll have to double check that later...

Frelians must love damage reduction for it to be on Syrene as well. High stat mods, damage reduction on first taken attack, and unit-NFU are neat. More sources of Pegasus Flight 4 is appreciated by some I'm sure.

I want to say Vanessa brings the first Catch 3 skill to the regular 4* pool, but even if that were true there's not a whole lot else to tell about her.

Arcane Nastrond... Guaranteed follow-up, damage reduction on first taken attack, and a bonus to Atk dependent on the targets max Special Cooldown value... so if it's 1, that's a +10 bonus to Atk. Nifty. As someone who's grown to like Bows more and more, this is a good weapon. Uniquely, this thing doesn't have the requirement of being over 25% HP to trigger these effects, opting for Blow/Unity...
The other options for inheritance being Deadeye, ASunity, and Guidance 4. Guidance 4 looks nice, though it only offers boosts to allies and nothing to the unit themself. Overall, you'd mostly be getting Nastrond and Deadeye off Tana, though ASunity might be nice to have if you expect to be working with debuffs. All the skill prerequisites are pretty old, so it shouldn't be too hard to inherit all 4 skills at once to a Bow Flier.

Tana herself can teleport and has... some weird mix of Clash and B-passive debuff infliction.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Couldn't use Innes for the Rearmed slot, huh, IS? We know you hate men, but come on, TANA brings the bow and not Innes?

They seemed to be deadset on making this banner all about Fliers. Hell, Gilliam has a support effect EXCLUSIVELY for fliers.
Gotta give props where they're due, IntSys is dedicated to their themes...

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

They seemed to be deadset on making this banner all about Fliers. Hell, Gilliam has a support effect EXCLUSIVELY for fliers.
Gotta give props where they're due, IntSys is dedicated to their themes...

Yeah, they sure are dedicated to their themes.

Even to their detriment.

EDIT: Also, I ... uh, don't see any particular reason why they couldn't have put Rearmed Innes on a flying mount. Rearmed Lif got a random horse. Rearmed f!Grima was armor, even though all previous f!Grimas were depicted as flying. Tana canonically does not wield bows, and Innes even had a flying alt many summers ago.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, I ... uh, don't see any particular reason why they couldn't have put Rearmed Innes on a flying mount. Rearmed Lif got a random horse. Rearmed f!Grima was armor, even though all previous f!Grimas were depicted as flying. Tana canonically does not wield bows, and Innes even had a flying alt many summers ago.

They seem to be averse to letting a characters alts change movement type if they already have an established move type. Note that MalGrima is all armor, giving the character some history as an armored unit, while Lif was given a horse for his Valentine alt. Tana is all fliers all the time, Innes has 3 alts only one of which was a flier (and was technically still in the timeframe when seasonal units were actually allowed to be experimental with how a unit was depicted)

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Here's a link to zombie Vigarde's Meet the Heroes page:

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/07003000500932-2/

Given that he's probably a lance armor, he unsurprisingly does not seem to have a Prf weapon (just like Cervantes). He seems to have the lance version of Etie's bow (Protection Bow+).

That lance looks awesome and it's a shame that he isn't getting it as a Prf.

Just now, Xenomata said:

They seem to be averse to letting a characters alts change movement type if they already have an established move type. Note that MalGrima is all armor, giving the character some history as an armored unit, while Lif was given a horse for his Valentine alt. Tana is all fliers all the time, Innes has 3 alts only one of which was a flier (and was technically still in the timeframe when seasonal units were actually allowed to be experimental with how a unit was depicted)

While Grima is still Grima, I think the fact that f!Grima was consistently depicted as the flier until her Rearmed alt shows they're willing to have - some - crossover and if they really wanted to they could've put Innes on a flying thing. Also, they're still willing to experiment with seasonal units even now. Eirika's most recent seasonal alt from last year was a flying mage and just one banner before, Micaiah was on a horse.

Really, the two big issues here are 1) IS hates male units, and 2) IS especially hates making dudes ranged fliers for some bizarre reason. Soiree Reinhardt is still the only male flying mage, somehow, and I feel like male flying bows and daggers are still rarer than their female counterparts. (I could be wrong about this though.)

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That lance looks awesome and it's a shame that he isn't getting it as a Prf.

His whole art is on point. 

Shame Vigarde ended up the same as Bertram. Had either of them been a Fallen Hero GHB, they definitely would've gotten a Prf weapon.

I would like the bow for Lyn and the Spring Loki I invested way too many resources in, but with the 3 red focus banner approaching, I'll reluctantly pass.

Also interested in Guidance 4 for a few builds

So... Is this the longest gap we've had for the opposite gender avatar to wait to get into the game after their counterpart? The closest I can think of is FRobin with her GHB coming out at the end of the launch month, but MAlear has already beat her and is going on three months by April. 

Anyway, I like Tana and bows so I could see myself pulling on this, but it's not a priority. The AHR banner is coming and my orbs are dedicated to that banner first so at best I'd do some free pulls and try my luck. 

Edit: Oh, Gilliam would actually be nice too, BClaude would love to free up his S slot.

Edited by Medeus

I have no strong opinion on Tana as a character, but this is not one of her better-looking iterations. Indeed I don't love how any of these units look. A shame since I do want Arcane Bow for obvious reasons, but I have mixed feelings about the banner in general, especially with no Ascended hero. On the plus side, Tana is at least ready for full quad-fodder efficiency out of the box, which is more than can be said about almost all the 2022 Rearmed units.

That said, I don't have an obvious flying archer candidate to make use of Guidance 4 yet, hmm. NY Plumeria probably comes the closest? Obviously I can just give the rest of her skills to a different movement type, but alongside the weapon, this seems to be the highlight of her kit.

So yeah, tricky one. While I can afford it, I'm not sure that I'm mentally prepared to suffer through 175 orbs worth of sniping grey hell to get to the spark, and there are no desirable consolation prizes available here. Ironically the really good Guidance 4 here may actually result in my skipping the banner because of it being too hard to find a worthy recipient for it. No rush to make any decisions though, I won't be doing anything until I'm done with the AHR banner next week.

P.S. Vanessa coming with the wrong Catch skill feels like IS taunting us regarding the Code 4 manuals.

In some ways, it's kind of cool that Tana got to try out a bow. In other ways, it would have also been great to get a true class swap for Tana and Innes if they were going that route, giving Innes a lance and making him a peg knight. Anyway, I haven't watched the trailer yet, but it's looking like a skip for me. Rearmed heroes are always good, but I'd rather hold onto my orbs and just get her some other time, I think.

7 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I, too, am baffled that Engage hasn't gotten more. I thought they'd take up January's AND February's New Heroes slots.

I guess IS was put off by everyone complaining about the 3H overdose? Either that or they're actively gunning for a Marianne/ Lysithea situation by holding back the most popular characters to guarantee they win CYL.

As for this banner... IS just had to release an FE8 banner when my Orbs were at an all-time low, huh? I'm tempted to skip it, but we'll see if Tana tempts me while the banner's running. I'm more interested in Vigarde at the moment, to be honest. Funny that I was asking about Lance Armor projects a while back and we got one in him. I'm not expecting much since he's free, but it'd be nice if he had a good statline: I still haven't used my Arcane Qiang after all.

This is a big surprise, but I'm quite happy with it. Guess the next Engage banner will be waiting a while longer - I think next month will continue the regular schedule with Binding Blade.

Other than Joshua, they seem determined to make the New Heroes alts be female, so I'm not surprised by Tana being the pick.

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

For other Sacred Stones units present on CYL7, there's Glen, Ismaire, Fado, Hayden, and Morva. A total of 13 - enough for no more than three more banners of this size.

Sacred Stones is now in almost as tight of a spot as Shadows of Valentia and Awakening.

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Did Franz just get robbed? If he’s not even getting in through a starting Stones units banner then when can he?

It's not a starting units banner, it's a Frelia banner.