Fell Xenologue

BloodRonin

It's still not revealed yet when it's going to released. I do have some predictions on Wave 4 might be around April since Wave 1 was at January, Wave 2 was at February, and Wave 3 was just released at March, Wave 4 is most likely going to be at April since they are most likely doing them as month releases.

52 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I know this my be divisive but I hope they don't pull a cindered shadows and force you to use a predetermined team.

So far I'm assuming it will work like Divine Paralogues. Separate world map, use the army on your save file dependant on deployment slots, as well as a replayable instance of that map that doesn't have exp or consume resources outside the map.

Only major difference I expect is force deploying the new characters to use like the main game.

I'm expecting early April too... or at least I was, but the lack of preview stuff has me worried considering we're supposed to get new characters and classes - not to mention the new story itself. I expected that stuff to be drip-fed to us like Cindered Shadows was. Maybe Wave 4 wil come a bit later, or all the new info will be dumped on us all at once; unfortunately there's no way to know that right now.

It may amount to nothing, but I noticed just earlier today that waves 2 and 3 came out exactly one month apart. 3rd of February for wave 2, 3rd of March for wave 3. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but perhaps in two weeks we'll get wave 4? Maybe?

Personally, I hope they don't hold out on us very long, seeing how this wave, like the rest of the DLC, has blatantly been done since before the game was released. Considering the speed at which the DLC has been released, though, I doubt they will keep us waiting. They seem intent on getting the extra content for this game out of the way fast.

4 hours ago, ciphertul said:

I know this my be divisive but I hope they don't pull a cindered shadows and force you to use a predetermined team.

One thing I do hope they handle like Cindered Shadows is letting us recruit the new characters in every file as long as the campaign has been beaten once. The game is long enough, I don't want to be forced to do seven extra maps for a few new characters if I don't feel like doing them.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It may amount to nothing, but I noticed just earlier today that waves 2 and 3 came out exactly one month apart. 3rd of February for wave 2, 3rd of March for wave 3. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but perhaps in two weeks we'll get wave 4? Maybe?

Personally, I hope they don't hold out on us very long, seeing how this wave, like the rest of the DLC, has blatantly been done since before the game was released. Considering the speed at which the DLC has been released, though, I doubt they will keep us waiting. They seem intent on getting the extra content for this game out of the way fast.

One thing I do hope they handle like Cindered Shadows is letting us recruit the new characters in every file as long as the campaign has been beaten once. The game is long enough, I don't want to be forced to do seven extra maps for a few new characters if I don't feel like doing them.

I agree. I really don't want to have to beat the new story over and over whenever I do a new playthrough just to recruit the new characters.

2 hours ago, Aedan7479 said:

What do you reckon it'll be about? We know it has something to do with another world, and fell dragons, I reckon/hope:

Reveal hidden contents

it'll be about Sombron's world, and we'll learn about the Zero emblem.

The general speculation IIRC is that Fell Xenologue is about 

Spoiler

a parallel world where our heroes are actually the bad guys and the Fell Dragon is actually good. Emblem Camilla and Hector (and I think Soren) hint at this, and the trailer shows a hooded character who looks almost exactly like Fogado, lending even more credence to the theory. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

3rd of February for wave 2, 3rd of March for wave 3. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but perhaps in two weeks we'll get wave 4? Maybe?

Both packs released on the 8/ 9th (depending on timezone) but otherwise you're correct and I'd love for the same to be same with Wave 4 too!

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The game is long enough, I don't want to be forced to do seven extra maps for a few new characters if I don't feel like doing them.

It depends on when Fell Xenologue is unlocked, if it's after Chapter 7 like the Divine Paralogues then that should be fine... though I think it'd be a narrative downgrade to go from a story presumably connected to the seven otherworld Emblems back to the main story with Sombron, so I'm hoping it'll be a post-game story personally.

But again, that means you wouldn't have any need for the newcomers once you're done, so maybe the story will be set in the late/ post-game but you'll be able to play FX whenever?

12 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

The general speculation IIRC is that Fell Xenologue is about 

Hide contents

a parallel world where our heroes are actually the bad guys and the Fell Dragon is actually good. Emblem Camilla and Hector (and I think Soren) hint at this, and the trailer shows a hooded character who looks almost exactly like Fogado, lending even more credence to the theory. 

Yeah, it's very blatantly going to be this.

Personally, I can't say I care much for the concept, but (BEWARE - DATAMINE STUFF IN EVERY SPOILER BOX IN THIS POST)

Spoiler

at this point we pretty much know for a fact that the new characters (aside from the two dragons we already saw) are going to be AU Hounds. To be specific, AU Griss, Marnie and Zephia, with Mauvier likely taking up the villainous mantle. That, I'm interested in seeing.

...I just hope Griss is every bit the unhinged masochist he is in the regular game. Just, well intentioned. I really doubt it, Gregory's probably just gonna be a really boring meek guy for the sake of contrast, but hey, a guy can dream. Hey while we're dreaming, can I get playable Seforia, Sean, Mitan, Morion, Éve and Hyacinth inconspiculously added in the wave 4 patch? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Both packs released on the 8/ 9th (depending on timezone) but otherwise you're correct and I'd love for the same to be same with Wave 4 too!

Oh, whoops. That just barely misses my vacation lol, it'd be annoying.

...Not to mention imposible, since the 8th and 9th of April are Saturday and Sunday, respectively.

So let's get it sooner, eh IntSys?

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

It depends on when Fell Xenologue is unlocked, if it's after Chapter 7 like the Divine Paralogues then that should be fine... though I think it'd be a narrative downgrade to go from a story presumably connected to the seven otherworld Emblems back to the main story with Sombron, so I'm hoping it'll be a post-game story personally.

But again, that means you wouldn't have any need for the newcomers once you're done, so maybe the story will be set in the late/ post-game but you'll be able to play FX whenever?

Considering the presence of new characters, I sincerely doubt it'll be intended as postgame material. Unless they're exclusive to the campaign, but I'm 99% certain they won't be, since

Spoiler

the whole reason we know their names and identities is that as far back as the game's release, their data was found in the game files - specifically, in the wake up events list. Why would they be in that list if they weren't available in the main campaign?

I do feel it's most likely going to be a Cindered Shadows situation. The campaign will be separate, and then once it's done, you can nab the characters in future main game runs. But well, who really knows.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do feel it's most likely going to be a Cindered Shadows situation. The campaign will be separate, and then once it's done, you can nab the characters in future main game runs. But well, who really knows.

Yeah, this would be the best option: ignore canon and just let them auto-unlock once the rest of the DLC does. Of course there'd be a problem if you don't train the new units and go to the Fell Xenologue, since you'd be forced to deploy underlevelled units, but apart from that this works!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Not to mention imposible, since the 8th and 9th of April are Saturday and Sunday, respectively.

So let's get it sooner, eh IntSys?

Hey, I wouldn't complain about that! I'm worried it'd release later instead though.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

at this point we pretty much know for a fact that the new characters (aside from the two dragons we already saw) are going to be AU Hounds. To be specific, AU Griss, Marnie and Zephia, with Mauvier likely taking up the villainous mantle. That, I'm interested in seeing.

...I just hope Griss is every bit the unhinged masochist he is in the regular game. Just, well intentioned. I really doubt it, Gregory's probably just gonna be a really boring meek guy for the sake of contrast, but hey, a guy can dream. Hey while we're dreaming, can I get playable Seforia, Sean, Mitan, Morion, Éve and Hyacinth inconspiculously added in the wave 4 patch? Thanks.

Spoiler

I wouldn't put much hopes, personally.

What little tidbits are we getting about the alt characters, it seem they are indeed going for "180 personality swaps", even down to their gimmicks. Like Alt!Chloé being stated to like bland foods instead of folk foods. So chances of Gregory being flipped from Griss too are quite high.

Personally, I don't mind set teams. I just don't want it to be like Cindered Shadows in the fact it's completely non canon. We have no proper introduction of the Bracelets in canon, I'd much prefer the earlier waves to be what if scenarios due to how hard the bracelets undermine and contradict everything.

On 3/18/2023 at 2:26 PM, Aedan7479 said:

What do you reckon it'll be about? We know it has something to do with another world, and fell dragons, I reckon/hope:

Hide contents

it'll be about Sombron's world, and we'll learn about the Zero emblem.

I hope that isn't the storyline. That'd be really bad and dumb if Sombron just came from another Elyos that has characters exactly like ours.

2 hours ago, Seazas said:

I hope that isn't the storyline. That'd be really bad and dumb if Sombron just came from another Elyos that has characters exactly like ours.

Well...

Spoiler

It is another Elyos with the same characters and everything, just practically 180 on personalities. Ala Star Trek's Mirror World, I suppose.

19 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well...

Hide contents

It is another Elyos with the same characters and everything, just practically 180 on personalities. Ala Star Trek's Mirror World, I suppose.

Spoiler

And thankfully, it's confirmed Sombron didn't come from there. It wouldn't make any sense if he did. 

Allies will enter each map with fixed Level, class and inventory, depending on the map. However, equipped Emblems, support relationships and Bond Rings from the main game will be retained.

So, yea exactly what I didn’t want. This is why I say I have been so disappointed in this game.

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

Allies will enter each map with fixed Level, class and inventory, depending on the map. However, equipped Emblems, support relationships and Bond Rings from the main game will be retained.

So, yea exactly what I didn’t want. This is why I say I have been so disappointed in this game.

To be fair, the three houses dlc was done in a very similar way. 

9 minutes ago, BloodRonin said:

To be fair, the three houses dlc was done in a very similar way. 

I said, 

On 3/18/2023 at 9:42 AM, ciphertul said:

and that is exactly what they did.

3 hours ago, ciphertul said:

I saw the tweet today about allies surviving battles even in Classic mode so wondered if this used Tempest Trial rules - it seems so. This obviously sucks, but as long as we get EXP afterwards and (more importantly for completionists) still earn support points and Bond EXP, I'll manage.

On the bright side, this makes it more likely that the story will be set later in the game than when it's unlocked, right? So people who want the FX cast ASAP can play the DLC right away and not have to worry about not having the Elusian and Solmese royals, for example. I think Ivy was in one of the screenshots and Fogado(?) was in the first trailer so it'd be weird to start this campaign and only have Alfred and Vander take part in the story.

Spoiler

And that's not even getting into the massive wasted potential that would come from introducing new Fell Dragons and not letting them interact with Veyle (and to a lesser extent, Mauvier).

So... yeah, while the fixed classes et al. sucks in terms of letting us experiment (outside of replaying chapters, if FX gets the Divine Paralogue treatment), it may be for the best narratively.

Also, it looks like we're only getting the two DLC Classes teased in previous DLC Waves? That's the part that really bugs me, to be honest. It's genuinely great to have another Armored and Qi Adept class each, but it would have been great to have some other stuff too. A Covert class that could use swords/ axes/ lances for example 😕

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

On the bright side, this makes it more likely that the story will be set later in the game than when it's unlocked, right? So people who want the FX cast ASAP can play the DLC right away and not have to worry about not having the Elusian and Solmese royals, for example. I think Ivy was in one of the screenshots and Fogado(?) was in the first trailer so it'd be weird to start this campaign and only have Alfred and Vander take part in the story.

It seems to require you to be in game to start it meaning that you will probably have to beat it on every file to get the characters. No one and done like CS.

33 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

It seems to require you to be in game to start it meaning that you will probably have to beat it on every file to get the characters. No one and done like CS.

Oh I know, I'm just saying that if you were to start a new file (e.g. for Maddening) you wouldn't have to wait until it made narrative sense to start Fell Xenologue: you could just do it as soon as the rest of the DLC unlocked.