New wave 4 trailer hype

BloodRonin

Oh, there's a trailer too?! I'm going to do my best not to watch this, though I assume all the important bits were already in the datamine article I read because I'm an impatient dummy 😕

This thumbnail looks simply incredible though.

It's a great touch that Gregory lacks Griss's spikes cause he doesn't like pain. Makes me sad they didn't put the effort in changing out the costumes of everyone else. Madeline in blue armor is actually really striking. It's somehow cuter than Marni's blue.
...Why does it seem like Zelestia has even less clothes than Zephia?

Spoiler

Who's expecting Mauvier to be the one that stabs the dude at the end of the trailer?

And THANK THE DIVINE ONE that is seems like the Dark Emblems in Alt. Elyos speak. Them not doing so was always the weirdest choice in the main story, the lords never get the chance to be evil or even speak in pain a lot...

1 minute ago, BloodRonin said:
  Hide contents

What has me most intrigued is the line about the twins. Does Alear have a twin? Also looks like data mine for the 4 hounds was correct. Really hope they are unlocked in the regular campaign as well. 

It's likely, but probably not important.

Spoiler

Nel and Nil seem to follow the same sibling dynamic as Alear and Veyle. Even with Sombron getting it on and the possibility of their mother having twins (canon male/female split for all those "Byleth Eisner twins" lovers out there~), since he throws most of his children into the gutter anyway, they probably aren't that interesting or worth talking about.

Plus Alear does not need any more dead family members, including themselves...

As for the Four Winds, most likely you can recruit them. We already know that Zelestia has Bond Conversations with the non-DLC Emblems.

I do wonder if the new playable characters will become available in main campaign, cause I feel this will be similar to Three Houses DLC, that this will be considered as a side story. Also apperently we might get some proper explanation to the bracelets. Cause right now storywise they are kind of ignored, so I'm interested to learn whats the major difference between the rings and bracelets in the lore.

1 hour ago, Speedy said:

I do wonder if the new playable characters will become available in main campaign, cause I feel this will be similar to Three Houses DLC, that this will be considered as a side story.

Spoiler

It's confirmed that they do become avaliable after you complete the xenologue.

By the looks of it based on tweets, it is gonna be a CS type thing where units are at certain levels however, supports and bonds with Emblems will carry over I guess? Am not to sure. But it seems like we get Nil and Nel and the three of the Four Wings post Fell Xenologue rather than them being recruited as the story goes on which is nice. 

Am really looking forward to this tbh. Is it gonna be messy, yeah. Based on evil Alcryst, I'm expecting to get my fill of laughs lol. Also am expecting Mauvier to back stab us since he's the only one who looks like his prime Elyos self unlike Zelestia, Gregory and Madeline.

Spoiler

Is it bad I want Mauvier to become a traitor? Make this truly inverted? Can’t wait to play as Zephia. Guess I’ll headcanon that they reincarnated or something. While Zephia was absolutely horrible I nonetheless do feel bad for all the hounds and want them to have some kind of redemption.

Really hope they have supports with the main cast.

Nell looks awesome, probably the best of the new characters. Nill as a simple axeman seems a bit of a strange choice, but eh, we'll see how he plays. Bluerni looks better than regular Marni. Pink is way overdone. I can't say I'm a fan of Gregory, he seems like a complete downgrade from Griss, down to the hideous recolor. Lastly, Zelestia is cool just because Melusine, but going full black leather while retaining the evil dominatrix attire somehow makes her look even more evil than her regular counterpart lol

Ultimately, all I really want are more characters, maps and classes for extra replayability, so that's neat. Plus, this means I can continue latching on to my desperate dream of Fates Capture in Engage for a couple more days, before everyone's personal skills are revealed and I am finally forced to let go. Hey IntSys how about playable Seforia as a bonus goodie in patch 2.0.0?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pfft, that would require IntSys remembering the monarchs are characters that exist. Surely you jest!

If I recall, they do have some voiced battle lines that go unused in the data. I mean, probably, but imagine if they do use them for the DLC Campaign.

I wonder at point in the game can you do the dlc? Based on the trailer, it 100% seems like something you'd do at least after getting through solm.

Nevermind read the Twitter stuff, it is like ashen wolves.

Edited by BloodRonin

So, this DLC-exclusive "Nel" character has a dragon form that can be used in gameplay, but Alear is still essentially a human-in-all-but-name. Why does IS continue to torture those who wanted to see an actual dragon protagonist?

Anyway, I wonder how Nel's dragon form works; do they just stay in dragon form for the whole battle, or are there limits on its duration?

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

So, this DLC-exclusive "Nel" character has a dragon form that can be used in gameplay, but Alear is still essentially a human-in-all-but-name. Why does IS continue to torture those who wanted to see an actual dragon protagonist?

Anyway, I wonder how Nel's dragon form works; do they just stay in dragon form for the whole battle, or are there limits on its duration?

It seems to just be a breath item she uses whenever she wants. Considering the new Mage Cannoneer class also uses what is counted as special weapons, I'm assuming we'll get a new inventory menu for special weapons where her breath attack and the new classes cannons will be kept.

56 minutes ago, Azz said:

It seems to just be a breath item she uses whenever she wants. Considering the new Mage Cannoneer class also uses what is counted as special weapons, I'm assuming we'll get a new inventory menu for special weapons where her breath attack and the new classes cannons will be kept.

I see. At least it's something.

39 minutes ago, BloodRonin said:

Really hope somehow Alear learns to have a breath attack 

I hope so as well. I have yet to get Fire Emblem Engage, and my current plan is to just give Alear the Tiki emblem bracelet and pretend that that emblem's transformation is Alear's dragon form.

It seems like Wave 4 is canon. Casual mode is in permanent effect instead of Cindered Shadows where units can die freely due to its non canon side story status. I sure hope so, it'd be nice having confirmation that Waves 1-3 are nothing more than what if scenarios and we recruit them late in the game like this.