Best skills for royals class

Maxicheese

With dlc or no?

Ivy has 2 different routes you can go, echo hex route or speed route for doubling.  I found for maximum damage, the speed route was most useful, though in my 2nd maddening run, I did use the hex echo combo to great effect for the debuffs. (If you have dlc, Soren's debuff skill also stacks which is nice) or give her Canter for ranged poke strats 

Hortensia was always a staff bot for me so I won't comment on her. I did give her Canter though.

Alcryst imo is the best Lyn user. He gets massive range from Astra and each hit also can apply Luna from his personal class. Lyn's base emblem skills fix all of his weaknesses. Skill wise I would say learn the bow focus skill for extr hit, and a str skill for more damage (str and dex if you dlc from eldegard)

Diamont has a few builds you could go. My personal favorite was using him with roy for hold out. Learn Vantage, and Inherit str/dex from edlegard or whatever 2nd skill you want.  He becomes very hard to kill. (Or give him Ike with hold out and vantage)

Fogado sadly has a bad personal class. Reclass him to warrior and he will do so much better. I gave him dual assist+ for the extra chain attacks range. 2nd skill is up to you.

Timerra for me was the hardest to use without dlc since she has terrible build and bad str scaling.. Her personal skill isn't bad, but feels bad when it doesn't proc. I only used her when I had the dlc with Hector.

Celine is actually low key my favorite royal after finishing my 4th maddening run. I kept her in her personal class. She makes great use of the levin sword and gaining a lot of magic damage on lodestar rush or override from Sigurd. Though you could also go the support mage with corrin and fire spread strats. 

Alfred sadly has a bad personal class and overall gets outclassed by other units. That being said I did use him in one of my maddening runs. I gave him Ike(which is cool cause the personal class skill of Alfred stacks for more damage reduction) 

Edited by BloodRonin

4 hours ago, Maxicheese said:

Thanks! And for her second skills and the others? I have also found that fogado build, please tell me what you think of that

Personally, I've given her Dex +5 to help with World Tree procs. But then I don't play in Maddening or so, so I can afford to do the rewinds.

Hmm, I guess it can be a decent one? I'll admit, I have yet to dabble much on trying to optimize my units.

Alcryst i go with lyn  canter+ str/dex  canter

4 hours ago, BloodRonin said:

With dlc or no?

Ivy has 2 different routes you can go, echo hex route or speed route for doubling.  I found for maximum damage, the speed route was most useful, though in my 2nd maddening run, I did use the hex echo combo to great effect for the debuffs. (If you have dlc, Soren's debuff skill also stacks which is nice) or give her Canter for ranged poke strats 

Hortensia was always a staff bot for me so I won't comment on her. I did give her Canter though.

Alcryst imo is the best Lyn user. He gets massive range from Astra and each hit also can apply Luna from his personal class. Lyn's base emblem skills fix all of his weaknesses. Skill wise I would say learn the bow focus skill for extr hit, and a str skill for more damage (str and dex if you dlc from eldegard)

Diamont has a few builds you could go. My personal favorite was using him with roy for hold out. Learn Vantage, and Inherit str/dex from edlegard or whatever 2nd skill you want.  He becomes very hard to kill. (Or give him Ike with hold out and vantage)

Fogado sadly has a bad personal class. Reclass him to warrior and he will do so much better. I gave him dual assist+ for the extra chain attacks range. 2nd skill is up to you.

Timerra for me was the hardest to use without dlc since she has terrible build and bad str scaling.. Her personal skill isn't bad, but feels bad when it doesn't proc. I only used her when I had the dlc with Hector.

Celine is actually low key my favorite royal after finishing my 4th maddening run. I kept her in her personal class. She makes great use of the levin sword and gaining a lot of magic damage on lodestar rush or override from Sigurd. Though you could also go the support mage with corrin and fire spread strats. 

Alfred sadly has a bad personal class and overall gets outclassed by other units. That being said I did use him in one of my maddening runs. I gave him Ike(which is cool cause the personal class skill of Alfred stacks for more damage reduction) 

agree with with Everything about Alcryst expect bow focus  since he has such a high dex he rarley suffers from hit issues i usually go with canter+  with str/dex to let him take more aggressive shots  and reposition or use covert cover bonus to keep him safe.

Celine iv heard alot of people recommend inheriting sword power from Roy with the well you can realistically get up to lvl 3 which would super charge her Levin sword  throw on build +3 and youve got a pretty good build to till late game were you can get better skills .

Hortensia with divine pluse will make you love offensive staffs guaranteed AOE freeze,  silence and fracture is pretty busted especially when you get free casts .

1 hour ago, Whitephantomzx said:

Hortensia with divine pluse will make you love offensive staffs guaranteed AOE freeze,  silence and fracture is pretty busted especially when you get free casts .

I will have to give that a try. Nothing feels worse than having your offensive staff miss >_<

3 hours ago, BloodRonin said:

I will have to give that a try. Nothing feels worse than having your offensive staff miss >_<

I agree with the Divine Pulse on Hortensia, its really good. Without it I would have a real problem dealing with chapter 24 and also if you use staff with Mecaiah it rolls for each unit hit individually, so that also improves chance of success.

Personally, you can't go wrong with Canter. Sadly, though, I have a hard time thinking of much else, as the other stuff that comes to mind is expensive. 

If you're keeping Timerra in her unique class, you definitely want Speed+X and Build+X.  The goal you should be aiming for should using a Brave Spear and being fast enough to quad with it to fish for Sand Storm procs.  Sigurd also works well on her, since it also helps her build and gives her a free Canter.  She ends up having pretty good damage against moderate defense units and has plenty of bulk to survive a few combats on enemy phase.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, you can't go wrong with Canter. Sadly, though, I have a hard time thinking of much else, as the other stuff that comes to mind is expensive. 

double assist for backup class is good too, VS lyn I had like +10 follow up because of Lyn + 6 other.

Now I need to try something, everyone is a hero with double assist, I wonder how it will goes (backup madness)

If I had come up with skills for the royals to inherit, here are my ideas as well as other people’s sets I’ve been noticing.

With DLC included mind you. Also most of the time I’ll be mentioning canter so you’ve been warned.

Alfred: He could use Lifesphere from Tiki since it does combo with self improver. Canter for repositioning. Hector Emblem gives the kid quick riposte. It might help him for at least one round of combat assuming bis hp and defense is high enough to take advantage of it.

Celine: She could also use Divine Pulse + Canter. She can either go Corrin Emblem, Soren Emblem, Chrom/Robin Emblem or Celicia. Maybe Marth?

Alcyrst: Canter and Speed/Dex +4 from Chrom/Robin. He can certainly make great use of Lyn Emblem or even Edelgard/Dimitri/Claude. Or Claude’s S Rank ring for Wind God.

Diamant: Vantage + Wrath with Roy Emblem is one set. You can also give you Pair Up from Corrin Emblem and either Hold Out or Unyielding. You can mix either of these up and give him Ike. Chrom’s S rank ring can boost his chances of triggering Sol by 5%. Might not be the best thing for him though.

Ivy: as others mentioned: Dragonic Hex and Echo from Celicia’s ring. Canter. Speedtaker and Speed/Dex + 4 as well if you want her to snowball.

Fogado: Same as Ivy actually. He can also use Radiant/Long/Silver Bow with Erika emblem for defense piercing purposes.

Timerra: Honestly, speed/dex +4 from Chrom/Robin and Build +4 if you want to help her not be weighed down as much. Sigurd, Hector or Ike Emblem. Roy is also good. Lyn obviously. Even Lucina is a solid choice for dual assist.

Horntensia: Divine Pulse + Canter. Enough said.

Edited by Barren

4 hours ago, link16hit said:

double assist for backup class is good too, VS lyn I had like +10 follow up because of Lyn + 6 other.

Now I need to try something, everyone is a hero with double assist, I wonder how it will goes (backup madness)

That's prolly expensive on the bond fragments. In fact, most of the skills I was thinking of either had high SP costs, high bond fragment costs, or both.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's prolly expensive on the bond fragments. In fact, most of the skills I was thinking of either had high SP costs, high bond fragment costs, or both.

Dual Assist for 1,000 sp isn’t the worst to invest in. Plus the well could spawn sp books if you’re lucky. Plus if you purchased the dlc you get some sp books for free so there is that.

But I can understand if you feel that some skills can be too expensive to inherit despite that.

44 minutes ago, Barren said:

Dual Assist for 1,000 sp isn’t the worst to invest in. Plus the well could spawn sp books if you’re lucky. Plus if you purchased the dlc you get some sp books for free so there is that.

But I can understand if you feel that some skills can be too expensive to inherit despite that.

I'm also concerned about bond fragments - for example, getting DA+ on someone who hasn't bonded with Lucina will cost something like 6000 bond fragments. That ain't peanuts.

9 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'm also concerned about bond fragments - for example, getting DA+ on someone who hasn't bonded with Lucina will cost something like 6000 bond fragments. That ain't peanuts.

That’s a good point. I honestly think it comes down too investing wisely with bond fragments pending on what you’re trying to aim for. Like sometimes something simple like Reposition from Ike is cheap and doesn’t cost you too much to begin with.