So...let's talk tiers.

Dat Nick

This is the old one I have set up on GFAQS. Probably still not perfect, but it's close.

[it's for Normal Mode, btw. If anybody wants the Hard 5 list, I could dig it up.]

Clint Eastwood:

Sedgar

Wolf

w/e [Depends on who he is at the time. NM enemies are crap easy so slowing down to change into Zag isn't half as awesome anymore seeing as how anybody can rip enemies apart just as easy when he joins, only without the transformation and HP issues]:

Chainey

Guilty Love:

Abel

Frey

Cain

Marth

Barst

Merric

Top:

Ogma

Nabarl

Athena

Hardain

High:

Catria

Minerva

Wendell

Cord

Vyland

Julian

Caesar

Palla

Lena

Beck

Jake

Nagi

Gotoh

Mid:

Darros

Castor

Tiki

Jeorge

Dolph

Matthis

Radd

Horace

Bantu

Shiida

Draug

Roger

Low:

Jagen

Wyrs

Maria

Boah

Etzel

Bord

Rickard

Ymir

Linde

Elice

Bottom:

Norne

Lorenz

Astram

Samson

Macellan

Midia

Arran

Roshea

Gordin

Tomas

Phony Accent:

Klavier Gavin

Fail:

Est

Edited by GreenHairedDraco

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by average you mean "ew", yep, she's got those. 24 HP, 8 str, 9 def. That's only slightly better than what Katua comes with. ...Oh yeah, and that's at 20/0. Yuck. Not to mention training Katua isn't bad at all, and she's already outclassed Sheeda at 10/0.

In fact, that kind of HP/Str/Def is worse than what, say, Ceaser/Raddy have. Yes there's speed, but enemies in NM are about as fast as glue and molasses, so that's not really a big edge for her. And don't even get me started on the wing spear.

Edited by Berserkah2DaBladah

If by average you mean "ew", yep, she's got those. 24 HP, 8 str, 9 def. That's only slightly better than what Katua comes with. ...Oh yeah, and that's at 20/0. Yuck. Not to mention training Katua isn't bad at all, and she's already outclassed Sheeda at 10/0.

In fact, that kind of HP/Str/Def is worse than what, say, Ceaser/Raddy have. Yes there's speed, but enemies in NM are about as fast as glue and molasses, so that's not really a big edge for her. And don't even get me started on the wing spear.

Wonder how that debate is gonna go down here.

Hm, perhaps.

Not quite sure why he's a tier above Doga, either. I remember I kept shuffling Doga back and forth and I guess I forgot about Roger. Yeah, he's going to low below Doga next update.

I DO remember there being some sort of argument for Hunter Roger, but it's probably not good enough to justify him being a tier above Doga, especially since lolArchers.

Also, Pirate Daros is, Merc Daros is almost as good as Oguma.

Hm, perhaps.

Not quite sure why he's a tier above Doga, either. I remember I kept shuffling Doga back and forth and I guess I forgot about Roger. Yeah, he's going to low below Doga next update.

I DO remember there being some sort of argument for Hunter Roger, but it's probably not good enough to justify him being a tier above Doga, especially since lolArchers.

Also, Pirate Daros is, Merc Daros is almost as good as Oguma.

What are Hardin, Toms, Alan, and Riff best as?

Hardain, and any cavs for that matter, are wasted on anything but Cav.

Toms...eh, he's kind of stuck as what he is.

Alan is hopeless. You COULD switch him to Swordmaster so he'd hit the magic 18 speed for endgame, but his other stats would fail so much he'd be useless.

Riff has no use outside of "I'm your healer until Maric joins"

...Why just those specific four?

Toms...eh, he's kind of stuck as what he is.

Alan is hopeless. You COULD switch him to Swordmaster so he'd hit the magic 18 speed for endgame, but his other stats would fail so much he'd be useless.

Riff has no use outside of "I'm your healer until Maric joins"

...Why just those specific four?

Just Units I used in the original. Other then Hardin most of them seem to suck now

I'm a bit skeptical on this. After promotion, I switch my cavaliers to either Sniper, Dragon Knight or Swordmaster. Why's cav the best class for them when they've got better potential as the others? Maybe I'm ignorant about normal mode since I played only once and didn't really put much into it. On H5, I think that the extra move they have as Paladins doesn't really them since I tend to keep my party close and my General on the frontline. Is normal mode so easy that you can just recklessly send a paladin against a group of enemies and he'll demolish them?

Priest Marich (from your post on the Marich and Linda poll) I agree on most points except for the A rank one, who really needs an A-rank on staves when Rena gets that quickly? If Rena's not your primary healer, is she better as a Mage?

Edited by Boo

Why's cav the best class for them when they've got better potential as the others?

It lets their defense actually exist. And Sniper/SM offers no real benefit outside of speed, which they don't need. Plus Sniper is locked to bows. Shudder.

Dragon Knight, well, okay, that's debatable. Weakness to bows, but flight, less HP and res, but axes. It's an alright alternative, much better than Sniper or SM.

Is normal mode so easy that you can just recklessly send a paladin against a group of enemies and he'll demolish them?

Enemies 4HKO Maric without any HP/Def boosters from the time he promotes to endgame.

Pegs in C22 have 13 speed.

Villuck is a usable unit.

Yeah, it IS that easy.

Also, call me speed blessed, but Kain wasn't really having any doubling issues even as Paladin even on H5. SM might have helped for C24, but to HELL with doing C24.

Priest Marich I agree on most points except for the A rank one, who really needs an A-rank on staves when Rena gets that quickly?

It's not so much the A rank staves as much as it is the A rank staves and awesome combat abilities in the same package.

"If Rena's not your primary healer, is she better as a Mage?"

Well, her mag does turn out better, but I really only use Rena for Hammerene.

It lets their defense actually exist. And Sniper/SM offers no real benefit outside of speed, which they don't need. Plus Sniper is locked to bows. Shudder.

Not in H5 man, Sniper Abel was pretty much the best boss killer as soon as he became a Sniper and longbow made those forged Javelins much easier to deal with. But yeah, I guess they're not good in Normal if the mode is so easy.

Enemies 4HKO Maric without any HP/Def boosters from the time he promotes to endgame.

Pegs in C22 have 13 speed.

Villuck is a usable unit.

Each line is incredibly funny. That's just sad. I do recall C22 being pathetic since I had DOGA solo it.

Also, call me speed blessed, but Kain wasn't really having any doubling issues even as Paladin even on H5. SM might have helped for C24, but to HELL with doing C24.

Abel and Kain get speed screwed on H5 for me... switching them to Snipers pretty much changes that after a few levels. It's also interesting how they get a level lead on every1 else when all units (except the healers) that get promotion received at the same time. As for C24, I agree... I always warp skip that thing.

It's not so much the A rank staves as much as it is the A rank staves and awesome combat abilities in the same package.

"If Rena's not your primary healer, is she better as a Mage?"

Well, her mag does turn out better, but I really only use Rena for Hammerene.

Hmm guess I should try Priest Marich and Mage Rena to see how that goes... although dealing with Dragon knights without Excalibur sounds like a bitch.

Last thing, how did Athena above Rena happen?

Edited by Boo

Cause Athena is actually a pretty nice Dragon Knight.

Also, it's not like you're stuck without Excalibur for TOO long. I guess you could also spam GDU bow units at the wyverns, that's what I did.

Cause Athena is actually a pretty nice Dragon Knight.

Also, it's not like you're stuck without Excalibur for TOO long. I guess you could also spam GDU bow units at the wyverns, that's what I did.

Right below Katua... not bad.

The first 10 chapters are pretty much the hardest to deal with in H5 so it's the dragon knights in those chapters that I'm worried about. But then again, I haven't tried General Zagaro and Wolf in H5 yet.

Zagaro should go above Marich though, if the mode is that easy then you don't really need such a good boss killer and Zagaro can pretty much Tink everything that isn't magic as a General in Normal mode.

Edited by Boo

Maric's not above Zag for boss killing, he's that high for being able to warp your guys in the first place and still being a cool fighter for the chapters you don't warp, healing when you need it, and his durability is good for NM.

I usually hate tier lists, but i'm pretty happy with this one. Just a few minor complaints:

I think Toms (or, what's his name now, Dolph?) should be a bit higher. Sure his Strenght's not that great, but he's one of the best (physical) meatshields in the game if you don't factor in class swapping. Easily one of the most underrated characters in FE history.

I would also put Est higher, but that's just my playing style. I don't care if someone comes in late, as long as they turn out amazing.

I think Toms (or, what's his name now, Dolph?) should be a bit higher. Sure his Strenght's not that great, but he's one of the best (physical) meatshields in the game if you don't factor in class swapping. Easily one of the most underrated characters in FE history.

I would also put Est higher, but that's just my playing style. I don't care if someone comes in late, as long as they turn out amazing.

Yeah, no... Not going to happen.

Except Est DOESN'T turn out amazing. Her HP sucks, and she's inferior to Katua in every stat but strength. And that lead doesn't even matter because Katua one rounds everything on the map.

• 2 weeks later...

Sheeda seems way too low. Who cares if other Pegs outclass her, it's about how she performs compared to the rest of the army, not just people within her class. She has a flier monopoly for a while, and she's the only one who can one-round Cavs/Armors besides Marth until you get to forging. And by using her, you're giving yourself a character that can hold her own in "forced chapters" (ones where she recruits people and you wouldn't want her to be 1/0).

Seriously, below Roger, what?

What puts an entire tier between Zagaro and Wolf?

Chainy in top...iono. I'd say some dude like Freyr who is available and raping all game long is more useful than a unit who does so only for some later chapters. You also have to heal the dude everytime he transforms in order for him to be as good as the one he clones.

Who asked you, anyway?

... Yeah, that's what I thought.

Nobody asked you either ^^;;;

I don't know if theirs was the best response ever, but that's how discussions happen. It's not just conversations between two or so people.

Anyway, carry on...

"Sheeda seems way too low. Who cares if other Pegs outclass her, it's about how she performs compared to the rest of the army, not just people within her class."

Except she compares very poorly to everybody else. Her str/def/HP are lol, and her speed doesnt matter since basically everybody can double. Nice try, though.

"nd she's the only one who can one-round Cavs/Armors besides Marth until you get to forging."

Don't be ridclious. You can one round cavs with a wet noodle. Armors aren't much harder, you just need steel instead of Iron.

"Seriously, below Roger, what?"

Generally, tanking is better than sucking. He also has pretty good offense as Hunter.

What puts an entire tier between Zagaro and Wolf?

Zag gets uber defense, which matters more, faster. Zag's winning defense even when they're five levels apart.

Chainy in top...iono. I'd say some dude like Freyr who is available and raping all game long is more useful than a unit who does so only for some later chapters.

Chainy's w1n enough to justify his later joining time.

You also have to heal the dude everytime he transforms in order for him to be as good as the one he clones.

He doesn't as Zagaro.