So...let's talk tiers.

Dat Nick

Cav Gordin's offense good? lol? He's NEVER reaching the required AS to double, not even at 20/20. It's a terrific 16.

Edited by Aran Ryan

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Base Horus: 26 HP | 13 Str | 1 Mag | 19 Skl | 16 Spd | 7 Luck | 9 Def | 3 Res

Base Astoria (lol girly): 26.0 HP | 8.0 Str | 1.0 Mag | 14.0 Skl | 14.0 Spd | 3.0 Luck | 8.0 Def | 3.0 Res

Then again, me not knowing about NM AS hurts a bit, but the only thing that might work against Horus is weapon ranks, but durability Horus is better, and his base stats surely are difficult to ignore. But... we shall see.

Why do you think I mentioned "slightly better Astoria"? Very few characters are NOT better than Astoria, so what? He's already way above Astoria, anyway.

Also, 18 AS generally doubles everything, so both of them are fine. Their issues are durability. Horace's is better. It still sucks.

edit: whoops, i actually said actually worse. Still, being a slightly better Astoria is still nothing to be proud of :/

Edited by Aran Ryan

Yeah. A major drop in difficulty can change a lot.

Btw, before you even wonder, the only reason this tier list exists is to evaluate how good Frey and Norne are compared to other characters [And serious tier lists for games easier than FEDS NM exist]

Has anyone considered making a tier list based on H2 or H3 before? There's something to say for them outlining unit differences better than H5, especially considering how weird H5 earlygame is (Gordin > Marth lol).

Has anyone considered making a tier list based on H2 or H3 before? There's something to say for them outlining unit differences better than H5, especially considering how weird H5 earlygame is (Gordin > Marth lol).

I guess because I'm an all-or-nothing type of guy I don't go to H2, H3, or H4. Like I said, once I quit halfway through NM I jumped straight to H5 so I didn't bore myself to death.

Why is Lena so high, again?

Even in Normal Mode, her defense is terrible, and her 12 speed at 20/1 might not even double certain enemies.

Also, since we're taking, like, no damage, healers don't gain levels at a wtf rate anymore. In fact, they're probably a bit behind everyone else.

Hm, yes. Wendell>Lena was agreed on.

Though I should mention that healing is still useful even in LolNM, as healers are basically half of the reason you're never dying.

Really what separates Rena from every other healer is Hammerne (for continued warp staff hax) and C in Staves (for early Warp hax and using higher level staves before others). I jumbled her with the "utility characters" on H5 because she can be used as one with Hammerning stuff, while other characters are capable of healing and warping. I agree her stats aren't really very good even for lol!NM.

AFAIK Starsphere only works on weapons, meaning Hammerne actually has a point.

Hammerne is useful on weapons too. But moreso on Staves, so it makes Starsphere a little less... meh.

Starsphere is great on someone like Marth when he has a forged Rapier, someone with Devil weapons, or legendary weapons. But Hammerne is great on a lot of items including Physic, Fortify, and any forged / legendary weapon.

Yes I'm playing Captain Obvious but it's just to clear up that Hammerne > Starsphere only because it also works on Staves (Starsphere doesn't).

Because the ballisticans are basically Lena [Hit heavy for one hit], only they blow at combat even more as it takes far more than a simple speedwing to make their combat usable. Jake and Beck aren't all that useful to begin with on NM as eating counters is a long way off from a big deal, so they should probably drop.

Edited by GreenHairedDraco

And since there's only like 10 characters who ever have offense issues, it's really easy to generalize things into just "durability pwns" :/