Yuri: Underground Lord - Abyssal Hero Battle

Xenomata

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsdNYEiaAAAnOAE?format=png&name=orig

From the Fire Emblem: Three Houses DLC story Cindered Shadows comes the head of the Ashen Wolves Yuri himself.

Abyssal Blade's conditions of initiating combat or being within 2 spaces of another ally grant Yuri an All Stat +5 boost, permits his follow-up attacks regardless of enemy follow-up denial effects, adds on 20% of his Spd as extra damage, and tops it off with 30% damage reduction on the enemies first hit on him.
The legendary Fetters of Dromi in his C slot permit Yuri the [Canto 2] effect and gives him Movement +1 at the start of every turn. The [Stall] debuff only has a partial effect on him, removing the Movement bonus if Stall is applied to him and thus limiting him to the normal 2 move. Also an All Stat -4 debuff on all enemies within 2 spaces of him, in case you forgot who's realm you've stepped into.
Foul Play, his special Prf Assist, is a version of Swap that works on allies who are 3 spaces away.

Atk/Spd Hexblade grants the Hexblade bonus, permitting Yuri's attacks to target the lower of his targets defensive stats, and then an additional bonus of Atk/Spd +7 if he has a bonus on him, which he usually will. Seal Spd 4 renders outspeeding him impossible, with a base -4 debuff and 7 minus any Spd debuffs on his target plus Guard if a Spd debuff exists. His Special of choice is Blazing Wind, already charged for his convenience. There will be no Vantage or Desperation play against him with the Hardy Bearing Sacred Seal.

In the shadow house that is Abyss, there is little else left to run once you've fallen into Yuri's sight. Give the Abyssians something to fear belowground as well...

And THAT is what happens to pretty-boys who try to out-Player Phase me!

Give her a chance, and Selkie will rip out your lungs and crush them with your also-ripped-out ribcage to make funny squeaky noises. How she came out the other side barely any worse for wear... you'd think her Def didn't suck!
Nina couldn't get the kill with Whitecap Bow, so she switched back to her good ol Ninja Yumi. I didn't even plan the Deadeye kill, but it's great that that's how it worked out!
Walhart is Walhart. I don't think I even needed his Threaten Counterattacks effect, but it sure was fun to have anyway!
Spring Triandra probably could have been any other dancer, but once I realized none of my units were even going below 90% HP let alone 50%, I took Firestorm Dance instead.

Was this supereasy because my units were superstacked, or does it turn out the best way to counter an uber-offensive threat is with another uber-offensive threat? I'll think about that later...

Edited by Xenomata

GAME OVER

RETURN OF SILVIA

(Ha ha ha ha ha!)

Masquerade Quan (Masquan?) makes his debut here! With the exception of Atk/Def Menace, I happened to have everything he would ever need, so I built him on a whim a couple days ago. It turned out to be a prophetic choice, because a Blue Bow with Deadeye and loaded on Atk naturally blows L!Yuri all the way to the next continent. The real challenge of the map was lining up the Deadeye proc, which was heavily complicated by Yuri being a bastard-and-a-half with Foul Play, but after an hour of trial-and-error I found a pattern that worked.

There were no nasty minion surprises other than the Sword Fighters and the über Blue Mage, so I was allowed to go crazy with Player Phase units. Puddle only took part in one battle, but it worked out because that Lance Knight needed to get out of Masquan's way. D!Neph went on a rampage with her Whitecap Bow, now that she also has a passable build (and will be looking to add Atk/Spd Hexblade to her repertoire in the future). Silvia returns because Galeforce with Dance is a timeless combo; I badly wanted to use Petalfall Blade or Florid Cane, but those caused the Blue Mage to avoid her when I wanted it to chase her, so Old Faithful it is.

Edited by Some Jerk

Compared to the two previous Maps (Gotoh & Fomortiis, and Robin), this one was very easy.

@Xenomata Nice use of the no counter-attack status that Walhart inflict on foe. I am still surprised that IS gave suck a great refinement to a grail unit. Selkie and Nina did great as well, with Triandra's support.

@Some Jerk That was a nice surprise! Quan, a unit that I forgot that exists in FEH, appear killing a lot of foes! It's kinda weird to me his arts without the weapon. It kinda makes me look like a mage instead of an archer. 

After failing to beat Abyssal Robin on my own, I actually somehow managed to beat Yuri's Abyssal.

My new Legendary Veronica put in a lot of work and was super invaluable, but my Halloween m!Corrin continues to be MVP in tanking shit with his face. (Not Yuri, but he tanked most other things.) Had Harmonic Leif and Harmonic Azura as support.

@XenomataWalhart's prf helped a lot to prevent counterattacks. It's surprising to see Selkie take no damage!

@Some JerkQuan's art always makes me laugh when his arm is outstretched like so. Glad to see Sylvia again.

@Diovani BressanThat wasn't too hard, huh? I was surprised that the regular Marth didn't do much. Winter Marth's refine is so powerful.

The Macedonians are back and powered up! I used nearly all of my orbs these past few weeks. Unfortunately, I can't say that my luck was very good. I maxed out Spring Minerva, got two merges on Spring Maria, and one merge on Spring Palla, Spring Catria, and Lilith. 

Speaking of Lilith, she didn't do much in the battle, though her Spd Res Hold was useful.

After the double trouble of Fomortiis and Gotoh and then the immovable wall that is M!Robin, Yuri was very easy to handle, though it was funny to see Cordelia fail to kill a red unit in one round.

6 hours ago, Seafarer said:

After the double trouble of Fomortiis and Gotoh and then the immovable wall that is M!Robin, Yuri was very easy to handle, though it was funny to see Cordelia fail to kill a red unit in one round.

Those maps were indeed very hard. Fomortiis in particular was a pain!

I got it on the first try! And luckily the AI doesn't use assist skills like a realò human would, or else this battle would be nightmarish.

@GuiltyLove The dragons team did very well. Legendary Grima tanking everyone was pretty fun to watch. And for the Madedon team, that kill on Yuri was very close, even with the special triggering! Well done!

@Sasori Xane is a nice pick. I don't see him that often, but he really appreciates the stats he gets from those allies. Forrest's build look pretty nice with the new skills inherited from Elise.

• 2 weeks later...

@Some JerkWow, nice Quan! Definitely not a unit I see very often, but he makes an exellent recipient of Rearmed Tana's fodder. And since it's a Rearmed Hero I don't even have to get mad at you for killing her in the process! Very satisfying to land that Deadeye at the end finally, and Quan hitting Yuri with the "You move well." quote after he spent the whole map Foul Playing and Cantoing like a coward fit really well lol.

@GuiltyLoveNice to see some upgrades to the gang! Sorry to hear about the not so great luck, but at least Spring Minerva got maxed! I have her at +10 myself from when she shared with Young Tana, I really wanna get her an Arcane Lance sometime. They all did great in the clears as usual. Spring Maria especially showed that she's still really strong a year later, she really pulled her weight here. Great clears!

@YggiNice work getting it on your first try! The AI definitely fools around a lot with Assist skills like this, would have been impossible if they were to use them like a human as you said. Nice clear!

@SasoriXane with Alfred is a pretty cool combo, since that A-skill ensures Alfred has some of the highest visible stats for him to copy. Spring Ashe is a new face, but he did really well with this set! Very fun looking team, nice clear!

Been very slow with doing FEH clears lately, but luckliy they've also been very easy. This map looks a lot more annoying to play normally, but for a one turn clear it's one of the simplest Abyssal maps in recent memory. Tons of ways to go about this one since there's multiple enemies within 3 spaces.

My clear features the debut of Rearmed Tana! Summoning for her sadly went completely freaking horrible, 672 orbs spent total and only a single Tana pulled. She could be +1 thanks to the spark, but I haven't decided where to put the fodder first... A very annoying aspect of her being a Rearmed Hero. But regardless, she does really well even unmerged, and her movement allows for some really fun stuff in one turn clears like this. Now, if Flier Guidance 4 comes out so she can both do the 2 space warp and grant it (to the Tanas), there will be even more shenanigans enabled.

@BoaFerox Sorry to hear about your luck too. This month hasn't been kind to our orbs! I also have an extra Rearmed Grima, but I don't know whom to fodder her to. Nowi has the first copy. I might give the other one to green Myrrh. The map itself looked easy for you. Yuri might be fast, but an Abyssal boss like Medeus or Fomortiis is far more annoying to defeat!

• 2 weeks later...

I never ended up posting my Yuri clear because I always like to do all my comments at the same time as my post and I was pretty busy recently without much time to sit down and go through all the clears, so I'll be taking care of that right now~

It's been a while, so I don't remember if I had any trouble dealing with Yuri. I think the map was a bit tricky with his movement, but IIRC, I cut down on the original clear time with some changes to the AI in my recorded attempt. 

@Some Jerk - That's a monstruous debut from Quan. Busted build and he ends up doing most of the heavy lifting, too. Awesome to see just how strong he is with the Arcane Bow and such a busted build. 

@Diovani Bressan - Far Save on Duo Marth to get that final kill was a nice surprise! That might come in really handy for some of these one-turns!

@GuiltyLove - Lots of Grima tanking, but fortunately nothing hit them too hard while the Liliths took care of the player phasing.

Maria is quite the bulky beast. Impressive flyer shenanigans to get Catria over to Yuri just in time for the kill.

@Sasori - Ashe on the squad! His color palette is so nice on this alt, I can't get over it~ And he got some nice skills! Love seeing Xane get some use, too! Still one of the most fun characters to play with. Didn't realize Alfred was that tanky. Hope I can eventually get him on his rerun~

@BoaFerox - Sorry to hear about such terrible Tana luck. At the very least, she now has all the colors covered and she can make moving around on these maps a lot easier thanks to her warping. Very stellar use of the Tomato Tome on Summer Tana, I must say.

@BoaFerox The latest Tana is pretty cool, but its the classics that impress. Summer tana getting the surprise kill on the mage was nice.

@Landmaster Nice presentation on the video. And nice Elise's too...though i'm not sure why Hot spring Elise attacked without a counter.