Requesting Help as I Approach Lunatic Conquest for the First Time

Valkerai

Hi! This is my first post on Serenes Forest and my re-introduction into Fire Emblem Fates. The Fates cast has some of my favorite characters of all the games and I've been wanting to revisit the game and attempt a Lunatic play through of Conquest. I've lurked on some topics to try to get a better understanding of how to plan out my run, but, if I am to be completely honest, I feel a little bit lost. So, I came here hoping to ask for a little bit of help and guidance for a first time Lunatic Conquest gamer. My favorite character is Selena (with Laslow as a close second) and I'd like to utilize her to her utmost ability, so I am mainly looking for a way to build her. Hero seems like a fairly straightforward pick in terms of her classes, but does anyone else have any other skill recommendations?

What my post boils down to is the following: I'm attempting Lunatic Conquest for the first time and I would love some tips for planning characters with a focus on Selena. 

I hope anyone who sees this has a wonderful day! ❤️

It has been too long since I've played, so I'll let someone else give you specific advice on building characters. The two things that you should keep in mind though are ways of tackling Chapter 25 and endgame. I've always set up a rescue chain to have Corrin down Takumi in final, but you need to make sure that your Corrin is able to do that if you choose to do this strategy. Chapter 25 is one where you want to have Corrin able to beat Ryoma on her own or have a good idea of how to tackle ninja hell. You could potentially have someone like Selena inherit Shurikenbreaker and pair them with another unit to have a child unit that also has it, but there are a plethora of options available to tackle that; it's just something that you'll want to be aware of.

Edited by samthedigital