Your Gimmicky Runs (I did an Auto Battle Run)

I'm just curious to hear what whacky ideas you've attempted in Engage. I have started an Auto Battle Run (currently around chapter 13) but, honestly, it isn't very fun. The AI is just reeeeally bad in this game. You have four options and none of them use healing. The run would be more manageable if you played on Casual, as you're going to lose at least one person to the bosses and there multiple HP bars. It was a great idea, but I'll likely drop it. Not that I even think the later chapters will be bearable without dropping to at least Hard.

What about you lot? Anything spicy you've tried that maybe didn't work out? It's that did; who's to say!

One run I've tried (and dropped since I got bored and I kinda want to wait until the DLC is out) is an under 18 run. Since a lot of people pointed out how young Engage's cast is and how many kids there are, I wanted to actual try a run where my only units are child soldiers lol. Thanks to datamines, we know unit ages and which characters are under 18.

They are:

Spoiler

Alear

Clanne

Framme

Etie

Céline

Jean

Anna

Alcryst

Citrinne

Fogado

Hortensia

Rosado

Veyle

Madeline would probably be added to the list after DLC is out since Marni is 16 which will round out the list to a nice 14, the max unit slots. I'll probably reattempt this run after DLC with Madeline cause why not.

I just finished a run where I used everybody (with a goal to get them all to max level at least once in their promoted class). With all the training and corrupted battles going on to keep this manageable without deaths I ended up maxing donation too 🙃 

Edited by CassieCinders

I also attempted an autoplay run, except I was allowed to move Alear myself. No arena or taking items off units. I quit somewhere around chapter 20, at that point only Zelkov survived. (Normal classic, aggressive only.)

I did find my units using healing staves and vulneraries, but couldn’t find the logic behind when they use them. I've had plenty of characters below 10% hp kill themselves attacking strong enemies, and a couple of them running away using a vulnerary at 50% hp.