Close This Guide

--

Edited by A.G. Zhark
There is no option to delete posts, so I have to edit it to remove everything from it. I also was tired of most of the hate and arrogance I recieved, especially from the moderator.

To be honest, I disagree with a lot of that advice. You can definitely beat the game following it, but I think it tends to be too specific in a lot of places, in a "I recommend doing precisely this thing" sense when BinBla does allow (and, thanks to the RNG, requires) some flexibility with who you pick for your team. What comes to mind..:

• Lance and Allen are very close in how good they are and in my experience, it's left to the RNG who ends up on top in an individual playthrough. You're generally better off using both of them in the earlygame and then keep the one that's performing better (or neither, if they both end up disappointing you).
  • Roy is not a great recipient for stat boosters, I find. Giving him the first Angelic Robe is a good option, since you do have to get him to the throne safely in every map and that's easier if he can take a hit, but he generally doesn't see as much combat as other characters, which means that he doesn't do a whole lot with the stat boosts you're giving him.
  • Getting Deke to S Axes is a lot of effort. If you want somebody to use Armads, you're better off using a primary axe user - Lot, Geese, Gonzales with HM bonuses - or even Echidna or Percival. Or you can just not use it. It's a good weapon to be sure (+5 Def is a nice bonus, too), but you don't need to use all the legendary weapons.
  • I really don't think that the +5 crit from a Slim Sword makes up for the reduced damage. Rutger does best with Iron, Steel, and his Killing Edge, or effective weaponry when appropriate. You also can't mention Rutger without mentioning his boss killing abilities, thanks to his high accuracy, speed, and (post-promo) crit chance.
  • Lilina really doesn't grow out of her bad durability. She has a 10% Def growth and even her promotion only gives her a +1 bonus, so she'll always be two-shot by basically all physical attackers. She's a glass cannon from start to finish. The way you're phrasing it also makes it seem like her Roy support improves her Speed, which is not the case. Lugh also deserves mention when discussing this game's mages, thanks to his earlier joining time and higher Spd compared to Lilina, which make him easier to get going than her.
  • Percival is really good. Not quite as much on normal difficulty, but he's pretty much always worth deploying if you recruit him in Ch.15 with HM bonuses.
  • The best day-to-day weapons for Milady are Killer Lances, which happen to be buyable in her joining chapter. It takes a little while until she can use Silver Lances (she comes with C lances, so she needs one rank plus promotion to get to A) and Steel Lances are just terribly inaccurate.
  • Sue is fairly decent, but it should be mentioned that Shin is arguably a bit better than her on normal difficulty, and kinda blows her out of the water if he gets HM bonuses. There's also the Ilia vs. Sacae question to be brought up - I don't think Sacae is quite as bad as its reputation, but most players still find Ilia to be the easier route between the two.

I also think that for picking your team in BinBla, the concept of "temporary characters" is very important. BinBla gives you a buch of prepromoted characters that don't make for good endgame picks (ignore my signature) but can be really helpful for a couple of chapters: Marcus, Jerrot, Klein, Igrene, even Yuno as a taxi in ch.21... It helps a lot to make use of these characters while they're good, ideally to set up kills, but without worrying too much about them "stealing XP". Marcus being able to perfectly set up kills in the earlygame on hard difficulty is my favourite example for this.

FE6 is the sort of game where exp gain is slow and nobody's got the base stats to just take off in the first half of the game unless your name is Rutger. The question of who to raise becomes a very interesting one. I think you're neglecting some great units here though. Lugh has proven very consistent for me, with a lot more room to grow than Lilina who has to be spoon fed every kill throughout the entire midgame. She's also really reliant on the +3 speed boost of her promotion while Lugh is getting consistent doubles long before that. And with the +4 Mag of his promotion and shelling out for Aircalibur tomes, they become Hard Mode ORKOs. No reason you can't raise both mages of course, I just think Lugh is much less of a "project" than Lilina.

Regarding Aureola, I...can't imagine getting Saul or Elen from E to S light magic even with a level 10 promotion. Especially since their frailty means they can't sit on the frontlines and get 6-8 Wexp per enemy phase. You'd have to throw them into the arena. Sad to say it, but Yoder is the only user that makes sense, and it's not a whole lot of sense to begin with. I'd rather spend that effort on Niime's dark rank. Speaking of I find she has more than enough time to start slinging Apocalypse. If you can play slow, her reaching S before getting that tome is fairly reasonable. 21x is a chill chapter with a lot of weak enemies you can shoot from over the walls. Raigh can be a good unit but raising him just because someone has to wield Apocalypse feels like bad advice. As for Murgleiz, I'd rather work with either of the snipers. The unpromoted archers are all really rough to train.

Also come ooooon Gonzy is great. Berserkers are super fun and super useful in the game's final chapters. That promotion gives them +30 crit and 8-10 base hit. Chapter 21, have one walk alone to the right onto the mountains with a hand axe and he'll solo the wyverns. Chapter 23, warp him onto the peaks to the north of your starting position, then take on Brunnja later from the peaks near her. A berserker on a Peak tile is untouchable. It's a far greater threat to 4+ wyverns than 2-3 archers could ever hope to be. Base level Garret can even do it. But raising your own berserker is better assurance they'll be able to use Armads for the finale too.

I have issues with some of this advice... it sounds way too specific, which is really iffy in a game where everything is random, and some of it is just outright not helpful at all. For example... I see no reason to buy a Slim Sword when it's, to be blunt, wasting money, as the extra 5 crit doesn't make up for being weaker than an iron sword.

7 hours ago, A.G. Zhark said:

Dieck should be the one who wields Armads. This will take tons of investment in his Axe Skill, but is possible. This saves a slot for what would normally be for Gonzalez. Seeing how the Hit Rate for Gonzalez' attacks is quite bad, this saves room for a Skill Book too, as it can be given to someone else.

The problem here is that raising weapon ranks is slooooow. Dieck prolly wouldn't make it to S axes unless-maybe even if-he used axes exclusively (which is a dicey proposition). Also, I don't see why Gonzales would be worthy of a skill slot; sure, he is usable... if you like gambling, because his hit rates are utterly atrocious, even on hard mode (and no, a Secret Book isn't gonna fix that). Also, Gonzales is hard to impossible to rescue, which is a bad thing in a game with big maps. And that's not even getting into the promotion item quandary...

While Lilina is a great Mage to use, Hugh is also quite good. His stats are much higher and he is already close enough to level 20 to fully utilize his Promotion. Even with slightly lower Speed compared to his allies, he can still easily take down Cavaliers and Fliers, making him perfect for the Ilia and Sacae Chapters. When fully leveled, even without Promotion, he can easily weaken or take down the Fire Dragons with Elfire or Aircalibur. In the Chapter introducing him, it is best to use Silence or Sleep on him to easily approach him. But, if you run into trouble with Douglas, simply use Sleep on him instead. There is an Enemy Bishop who attacks with Purge, and although you can affect it with Sleep, the exact next turn, it would go back to Normal Status.

The problem with Hugh is that to get him at his best, you need to pay 10 grand. Also, iirc, Silence will prevent you from recruiting him, as silenced units are unable to use talk or support commands. Also... To be honest, for the most part, status staves are Useless Useful spells, as most units don't have the magic to have good hit with them. Especially Silence, which is more likely then not to fail against the stuff it's meant to be used on...

Milady is perfect when fully leveled. She has immense Speed, Strength, and Defense, allowing her to weather several shots from Archers, although it is not advised to put her in their sight unless needed. Once promoted, she can hold Steel Lances and Silver Lances easily allowing Follow-Up Attacks on Knights, Mounted Units, and several Infantry Units aside from the Swordmaster, Hero, and Nomad Trooper.

She needs some work to get to silver rank, and Steel Lances are just plain bad (lol 55 hit).

Lilina has awful Defense, and Speed, but once fully leveled, makes up for this with excellent Attack, Resistance, and Skill (when fully Supported with Roy.) Just like with Dieck and Shanna, having Roy and Lilina in close vicinity powers them both up. When you fully level her up, she loses the traits of having such bad Defense, and when paired with Roy, her Speed is perfect for taking down Cavaliers, Fliers, and any Axe-Wielding unit. She is the one who you should give Forblaze to, but to properly train her without casualties means that you must weaken Enemy Units first, and finish them off with Lilina. Her great EXP growth rates make up for this.

Like was said earlier, Lilina's gonna have bad durability forever, and her Roy support isn't gonna fix that. That said, it is lightning fast, which most supports AREN'T.

When you recruit Dieck and the rest of his crew, you should immediately start to build Supports between the two of them.

Build supports between the two of who???

Since he Promotes so late, it is best to use him whenever possible to quickly get his Light Magic Skill rank to S.

As to that, I wouldn't bank on having someone use Aureola, as Saul and Ellen both need to work their way up from E rank (AFTER promotion), with the utterly glacial weapon rank gain this game has (which isn't helped by their being really fragile)... and Yoder, who has much less work to get there, is more geared for support.

Raigh can be recruited pretty early in the game, and although it will be some time until you get your hands on Flux, Nosferatu does have a high enough power to defeat weakened enemies. Give him a Speedwing to help with his mediocre Speed. He is your go-to with Apocalypse. Niime joins too late, and Sophia is horrible. Although her EXP rates are good, all her other skills are awful. 

If I really wanted to use Apocalypse, I'd find Niime to do just fine for that. Not that Raigh can't be good.

3 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Also come ooooon Gonzy is great. Berserkers are super fun and super useful in the game's final chapters. That promotion gives them +30 crit and 8-10 base hit. Chapter 21, have one walk alone to the right onto the mountains with a hand axe and he'll solo the wyverns. Chapter 23, warp him onto the peaks to the north of your starting position, then take on Brunnja later from the peaks near her. A berserker on a Peak tile is untouchable. It's a far greater threat to 4+ wyverns than 2-3 archers could ever hope to be. Base level Garret can even do it. But raising your own berserker is better assurance they'll be able to use Armads for the finale too.

Raising a Berserker just for two chapters sounds like bad advice, to be blunt.

Edited by Shadow Mir

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Of course they are good elsewhere, those two chapters are just notoriously difficult/lengthy ones when you're not taking advantage of the terrain. Berserkers are the only class that can stand there and benefit from the massive 40 avoid. It feels like an exploit.

1 hour ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Of course they are good elsewhere, those two chapters are just notoriously difficult/lengthy ones when you're not taking advantage of the terrain. Berserkers are the only class that can stand there and benefit from the massive 40 avoid. It feels like an exploit.

And by "elsewhere" you mean "in Ilia"??? Because that's about the only place they can be good (as opposed to being an active liability at worst, and a huge crapshoot in general). And that is a flimsy case for them if they need you to play on an easier route to look good. Also, you call it an "exploit", but I have another term for it: "awesome but impractical". Sure, the bonuses from peaks are nothing to scoff at... but unfortunately, the classes that can actually reap those benefits are among the worst classes in the game.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

And by "elsewhere" you mean "in Ilia"??? Because that's about the only place they can be good (as opposed to being an active liability at worst, and a huge crapshoot in general).

I would actually argue they perform much better in sacae route. Sacae has a lot more mountainous terrain and pesky rivers that would stop your other non-flying units from crossing. In 17B Geese and Lugh took on the whole upper half of the map while everyone else went south. 18B, he headed right over the south river to hand axe nomads from the forest. 20xB I walked Geese to the mountains south of Roy to deal with wyverns. Then once we're clear of Nomads he starts carrying people over the river to the objective. He really sped things up.

And that is a flimsy case for them if they need you to play on an easier route to look good. Also, you call it an "exploit", but I have another term for it: "awesome but impractical". Sure, the bonuses from peaks are nothing to scoff at... but unfortunately, the classes that can actually reap those benefits are among the worst classes in the game.

Having unique access to a common terrain type and being an enemy phase monster crit killing would be attackers cannot be the worst class in the game. They may not have Rutger's consistency on boss killing, but they'll cleave a path to the boss in the first place.

6 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

I would actually argue they perform much better in sacae route. Sacae has a lot more mountainous terrain and pesky rivers that would stop your other non-flying units from crossing. In 17B Geese and Lugh took on the whole upper half of the map while everyone else went south. 18B, he headed right over the south river to hand axe nomads from the forest. 20xB I walked Geese to the mountains south of Roy to deal with wyverns. Then once we're clear of Nomads he starts carrying people over the river to the objective. He really sped things up.

bruh
You act as if their accuracy isn't a problem in Sacae. Honestly, I'd find them to be a liability there, because they're inconsistent against the nomads that Sacae throws at you; I don't think gambling on hand axe hits is such a good idea... also, only three maps there have mountain terrain, and it's out of the way in one (FYI, crossing rivers isn't Berserker exclusive).

6 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Having unique access to a common terrain type and being an enemy phase monster crit killing would be attackers cannot be the worst class in the game. They may not have Rutger's consistency on boss killing, but they'll cleave a path to the boss in the first place.

They aren't, because generals have nothing going for them in Binding Blade. Not that being better than those is a high bar to clear, because it ain't; being locked to axes in Binding Blade is still one of the worst things you can be, after all. Also, many others can be crit killing monsters, but without being a massive gamble to use like Berserkers are.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I do not agree with some of the advice here. As someone who is a fan of binding blade, has played through it many times, and done some funky challenges, there's some issues with what's seen here. Assuming this guide is to a player new to hard mode trying to get through as smoothly as possible, here's some pointers:

In the earlygame, train Roy, Lance and Allen, Shanna, Lugh, and Rutger. These units all have various strengths and reasons to be on a team, and provide utility throughout the game.

Roy is the weakest of the units recommended here, but investing in him will make later maps much easier as he can survive siege tomes without any worry. Early on he has swords in axe land, so his combat is actually fairly good.

Lance and Allen are essentially the same unit. The top post claims to focus on lances, and this is not true. Use the weapons on the cavaliers that work best in the moment. Early on, there's so many axe enemies that not equipping a sword when you have the option is going to drop your survivability, as fighters will be hitting more often and dealing more damage, and contribute to the accuracy issue many new players attribute to binding blade by losing 25 hit over using an iron sword.

Shanna is an interesting case. In the midgame you will be able to purchase killer lances, and with them Shanna's combat is much stronger, but early on she will be a struggle to train. Soldiers, archers that are weakened, and mercenaries are your best bet. She will die if attacked by an archer or two axe users early on, so be careful with her. You can give her the early angelic robe to mitigate this issue, but another option is to not train Shanna. She can still provide great utility on some chapters by saving villages without fighting and rescuing units, but if you aren't comfortable with frail fliers, don't worry too much.

Lugh is another interesting unit. His base stats are very low, and his low durability early on means he has to watch out, but he's easier to train then Shanna because of one reason: anima magic. Anima is the best weapon type in the game, hitting enemies lower res, having 1-2 range, and having base 95 accuracy. Lugh will eventually start doubling everything he sees, and his combat will be some of the best. Another topic to talk about with Lugh is bosses. Lugh can very easily wear down bosses or other powerful enemies thanks to his high accuracy, and in some cases can be safer then Rutger on them (looking at you, Henning).

Rutger is a good combat unit. That's about it. He's the first unit with hard mode bonuses you get, and he definitely shines. Rutger can double many enemies early on and if you're in a pinch, he can reliably kill an enemy with his killing edge.

These are the units I recommend absolutely using early on as combat units. In terms of healers, you can use any combination of the first three staffers, Saul and Ellen are essentially the same unit at slower playthroughs, while Clarine is a very flexible healer thanks to her horse. I suggest using two of them, but however you want to split it up you can.

There are other units that I suggest using as filler. They will definitely be useful and you should not sideline them, but they won't be useful the whole game.

Dieck is pretty strong early on, but will fall off eventually without high investment. As a combat unit, he's great, but competes with Rutger for a promotion item and is definitely weaker then him.

Marcus, on the other hand, is the actual savior of your earlygame. Marcus early on has your best combat, and he can always pull you out of a pinch. Need to lure a group of units? Marcus has higher durability then your other units. Need to kill something? Marcus silver lance. Need to accurately wear down a boss? Marcus has high skill, a hit boosting support affinity, and weapon flexibility. Marcus has some of the strongest combat in chapter 7, a very hard early map, and can use axes to have advantage over the cavaliers and wyverns. He will fall off, but use him while he's good.

I don't suggest using Lilina, but she's definitely capable if raised. Lilina is very weak early on, and will remain pretty slow and frail until promotion, where she will gain enough speed to not worry about being doubled and onerounded by enemies. Even after promotion, keep her out of enemy range and don't let her take hits. She can work as a second, harder hitting, but slower Lugh.

Hugh has ok bases, and can work as a filler unit, but he's also not necessarily that good. Steal his member card and kill him if you don't want to spare the gold.

Raigh is not that good either. He lacks anima, giving him accuracy issues, and nosferatu is a fairly rare and expensive tome and not worth training him. When Niime joins, she performs the same function in combat: hitting hard once, while providing incredible staffing utility. Use niime when she shows up.

Yeah use Percival he's pretty good.

Melady is a wyvern rider that joins in chapter 13. She's the best unit in the game, practically undisputed. Dump exp on her in her join chapter, promote her in that chapter, and watch as she snowballs through the rest of the game. Any problems Shanna has in combat are completely erased with Melady. She's bulky, she's strong early on, and she's very good overall.

Careful if using Sue or Shin. Between the two, I recommend Shin, but both work very well. However, if you use one, train a pegasus knight. Whoever of your two groups gets more exp chooses your route. Pegasi send you to Ilia, but nomads send you to Sacae. Sacae is... not fun. Don't go there.

If you must have a bow user, I suggest Klein. He joins earlyish and has a high bow rank and good bases. A speedwing on him guarantees him good combat for the rest of the game with consistent use.

For the legendary weapons, don't worry about them. You don't need a user for each of them, and the only map where the main weapons used are legendary weapons is pretty easy. You don't need to design your party around having a user for every weapon. Use who you want, but the units I recommended above will make the game much easier and smoother.

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

bruh
You act as if their accuracy isn't a problem in Sacae. Honestly, I'd find them to be a liability there, because they're inconsistent against the nomads that Sacae throws at you; I don't think gambling on hand axe hits is such a good idea... also, only three maps there have mountain terrain, and it's out of the way in one (FYI, crossing rivers isn't Berserker exclusive).

They aren't, because generals have nothing going for them in Binding Blade. Not that being better than those is a high bar to clear, because it ain't; being locked to axes in Binding Blade is still one of the worst things you can be, after all. Also, many others can be crit killing monsters, but without being a massive gamble to use like Berserkers are.

But have you used berserkers in Sacae? Or anyone in that route? You brought up Sacae route, not me. I wasn't about to because I know everybody avoids it. You say "only three maps" as if the route isn't five maps total. Many classes don't have a single standout map that's playing to their unique abilities like that. And everybody is struggling to hit nomads because they're the fastest enemies in the game. Most of my guys were facing high 70s and not securing the double on the promoted ones. I think my Rutger once whiffed one of his two swings with his generic steel sword. So I forgive Geese's 60-80 displayed hit. It certainly doesn't factor in with his wyvern hunting missions. When the enemies can't hit you, you can take that second turn you need to finish the one with a javelin with your Killer.

The only valid criticisms with the berserker class I've neglected to talk about are their pre-promotion. Brigands and pirates do struggle with hitting as you say and gaining experience as a result. But when you promote you get 4 or 5 Skill (Geese and Gonzo, respectively). That's 8-10 base hit - the same gap in accuracy between axes and lances. On an indoors map, sending Geese to kill someone was no more a gamble than sending Allen because this is FE6 we're talking about and everything becomes a team effort due to RNG.

People have done crazy challenges and beaten FE6 with nearly any combination of units, including "bad" ones, so I agree with others that the tone is a little too specific.  Totally fine to say "I did this and this to get through," but it's certainly not required.

I'll just briefly echo others and agree with some Lugh hype.  Enemy Resistance is trash in FE6, so a speedy low-attack mage like Lugh can still ORKO quite a lot of enemies, and perform valuable, safe chip on others.  Lilina's high-attack, medium speed approach can be a bit better against the rare enemies who sport good resistance scores, but how many enemy bishops are you even fighting, anyway?  Hugh has the problem that, if playing "efficiently", he costs money to recruit in the game that has storebought stat increasing items (if you FAQ up the secret shop).  He's also quite a bit underlevel.  Why not just use the money on any other mage, and also give them some Boots in the bargain?  For all that he's still not terrible, mages are good in FE6 due to the "bad enemy RES" issue mentioned before, but at some point there starts to be a crunch on Guiding Rings if you try to build too many unpromoted mages.

On 4/27/2023 at 1:45 PM, A.G. Zhark said:

Items are underlined while names and in-game terms are simply Capitalized.

In the first few Chapters, you need to switch between both Roy and Lance. Prioritize Lances over Swords when it comes to Lance. Your other units have Vulenaries that you can sort out between the two. It would not hurt to build at least 2 Support Levels, as later on in the game, Lance will normally fail to defeat his enemies, even with Follow-Up Attacks because he lacks the necessary Attack, even when at a Weapon Triangle Advantage. Give Maltet to either him, Shanna, or Milady, and give the majority of your stat-boosters to Roy.

When you recruit Dieck and the rest of his crew, you should immediately start to build Supports between the two of them. Before Promotion, Dieck can weather and dodge the blows of Enemy Soldiers and Cavaliers, so he can be leveled up quite easily in the first few Chapters. Dieck should be the one who wields Armads. This will take tons of investment in his Axe Skill, but is possible. This saves a slot for what would normally be for Gonzalez. Seeing how the Hit Rate for Gonzalez' attacks is quite bad, this saves room for a Skill Book too, as it can be given to someone else.

• Although Fir can be good to use alongside Rutger, that only calls for more training. She lacks only slightly in Avoid rate and overall Strength, but still has the Speed to make up for it. Rutger should still be used to hold Durandal, and giving Fir a Wyrmslayer is not a bad idea as well. The second (or third) one you get is in the chapter you encounter Zepheil in one of the chests you find on the right side of the map. She is easy to train in the first few Chapters you have her in because of an abundance of Axe-Wielding Enemy Units. Later on, she can easily take down many Infantry Units with her high Critical rate and can even surpass Rutger in some situations. Leave the brawn to Rutger and the Criticals to Fir. They work good as a team. 

Once you encounter Rutger and Saul, use them immediately. Rutger has bad Defense but high Speed, making him great for common foot-soldiers, though his bad Resistance means that you must keep him out of Enemy range. When holding a Slim Sword, he can launch enough Criticals to make up for his flaws. When you finally Promote him, use a Skill Book to make up for the lack of Criticals he fails to land. On the other hand, with Saul, Healing staves are very common in this game, so make sure to always use Heal or Mend on your other units to quickly level him up, but it most likely won't be until you fight Narcian when you're at that point to finally Promote Saul. Since he Promotes so late, it is best to use him whenever possible to quickly get his Light Magic Skill rank to S. Dieck is also a good candidate for holding Durandal, although, if your Supports with Shanna are high enough, as well as his his Strength and Critical rates, giving him a Wyrmslayer would not be a bad choice.

Lilina has awful Defense, and Speed, but once fully leveled, makes up for this with excellent Attack, Resistance, and Skill (when fully Supported with Roy.) Just like with Dieck and Shanna, having Roy and Lilina in close vicinity powers them both up. When you fully level her up, she loses the traits of having such bad Defense, and when paired with Roy, her Speed is perfect for taking down Cavaliers, Fliers, and any Axe-Wielding unit. She is the one who you should give Forblaze to, but to properly train her without casualties means that you must weaken Enemy Units first, and finish them off with Lilina. Her great EXP growth rates make up for this.

While Lilina is a great Mage to use, Hugh is also quite good. His stats are much higher and he is already close enough to level 20 to fully utilize his Promotion. Even with slightly lower Speed compared to his allies, he can still easily take down Cavaliers and Fliers, making him perfect for the Ilia and Sacae Chapters. When fully leveled, even without Promotion, he can easily weaken or take down the Fire Dragons with Elfire or Aircalibur. In the Chapter introducing him, it is best to use Silence or Sleep on him to easily approach him. But, if you run into trouble with Douglas, simply use Sleep on him instead. There is an Enemy Bishop who attacks with Purge, and although you can affect it with Sleep, the exact next turn, it would go back to Normal Status.

• If you are simply trying to make it through the Chapter with Hugh, send Roy on the second path, avoiding or dispatching the Enemy Mage which uses Bolting. Douglas will most likely attack Roy since the rest of your Units (aside from Milady) are far quicker than Roy. Give Roy either a Slim Sword or Iron Sword. When Douglass attacks, Roy won't do any damage to him when Counterattacking. Bring the Units who will be facing Narcian on this path as well.
  • If you want to access the Secret Shop, you need to take Roy on the second path far enough that Hugh's AI heads in that direction. Take either Lance, Percival, or Sue along to speed up the process. Take Milady on the first path, being wary of the Enemy Bishop. Properly position and maneuver her around Douglas.

Raigh can be recruited pretty early in the game, and although it will be some time until you get your hands on Flux, Nosferatu does have a high enough power to defeat weakened enemies. Give him a Speedwing to help with his mediocre Speed. He is your go-to with Apocalypse. Niime joins too late, and Sophia is horrible. Although her EXP rates are good, all her other skills are awful. 

Although, by the Endgame, Lance should have high enough Speed to do Follow-Up Attacks, Percival is still good to use, as his Speed is high enough to do Follow-Up Attacks with ease. Percival is good to use as an obstruction sided by Lance against many Mounted, Flying, and Infantry Units. In the Final Chapter, though, it is suggested not to bring him along, as you would practically have 4 units using the same weapon.

Milady is perfect when fully leveled. She has immense Speed, Strength, and Defense, allowing her to weather several shots from Archers, although it is not advised to put her in their sight unless needed. Once promoted, she can hold Steel Lances and Silver Lances easily allowing Follow-Up Attacks on Knights, Mounted Units, and several Infantry Units aside from the Swordmaster, Hero, and Nomad Trooper.

Sue should be trained immediately when you get her, and is perfect against Soldiers. Although her Strength can be lacking, she makes up for it in Speed. She should be the one to use Mulagir. To make recruiting her easy, defeat the Enemies already on the Map, and then the Reinforcements. Already heading in that direction should be Roy and Chad.

Milady can also tank Fire Dragons, even the more powerful ones in the Final Chapter. Given  a Silver Lance, she can easily take on the other Enemies.

On 4/27/2023 at 5:22 PM, ping said:

To be honest, I disagree with a lot of that advice. You can definitely beat the game following it, but I think it tends to be too specific in a lot of places, in a "I recommend doing precisely this thing" sense when BinBla does allow (and, thanks to the RNG, requires) some flexibility with who you pick for your team. What comes to mind..:

• Lance and Allen are very close in how good they are and in my experience, it's left to the RNG who ends up on top in an individual playthrough. You're generally better off using both of them in the earlygame and then keep the one that's performing better (or neither, if they both end up disappointing you).
  • Roy is not a great recipient for stat boosters, I find. Giving him the first Angelic Robe is a good option, since you do have to get him to the throne safely in every map and that's easier if he can take a hit, but he generally doesn't see as much combat as other characters, which means that he doesn't do a whole lot with the stat boosts you're giving him.
  • Getting Deke to S Axes is a lot of effort. If you want somebody to use Armads, you're better off using a primary axe user - Lot, Geese, Gonzales with HM bonuses - or even Echidna or Percival. Or you can just not use it. It's a good weapon to be sure (+5 Def is a nice bonus, too), but you don't need to use all the legendary weapons.
  • I really don't think that the +5 crit from a Slim Sword makes up for the reduced damage. Rutger does best with Iron, Steel, and his Killing Edge, or effective weaponry when appropriate. You also can't mention Rutger without mentioning his boss killing abilities, thanks to his high accuracy, speed, and (post-promo) crit chance.
  • Lilina really doesn't grow out of her bad durability. She has a 10% Def growth and even her promotion only gives her a +1 bonus, so she'll always be two-shot by basically all physical attackers. She's a glass cannon from start to finish. The way you're phrasing it also makes it seem like her Roy support improves her Speed, which is not the case. Lugh also deserves mention when discussing this game's mages, thanks to his earlier joining time and higher Spd compared to Lilina, which make him easier to get going than her.
  • Percival is really good. Not quite as much on normal difficulty, but he's pretty much always worth deploying if you recruit him in Ch.15 with HM bonuses.
  • The best day-to-day weapons for Milady are Killer Lances, which happen to be buyable in her joining chapter. It takes a little while until she can use Silver Lances (she comes with C lances, so she needs one rank plus promotion to get to A) and Steel Lances are just terribly inaccurate.
  • Sue is fairly decent, but it should be mentioned that Shin is arguably a bit better than her on normal difficulty, and kinda blows her out of the water if he gets HM bonuses. There's also the Ilia vs. Sacae question to be brought up - I don't think Sacae is quite as bad as its reputation, but most players still find Ilia to be the easier route between the two.

I also think that for picking your team in BinBla, the concept of "temporary characters" is very important. BinBla gives you a buch of prepromoted characters that don't make for good endgame picks (ignore my signature) but can be really helpful for a couple of chapters: Marcus, Jerrot, Klein, Igrene, even Yuno as a taxi in ch.21... It helps a lot to make use of these characters while they're good, ideally to set up kills, but without worrying too much about them "stealing XP". Marcus being able to perfectly set up kills in the earlygame on hard difficulty is my favourite example for this.

My goodness. When I made this guide, I should have clarified that you don't have to follow it, but it is just what I had done in my most recent playthrough. Although I don't think your gripes are an attempt to belittle me. I've done several combinations for teams, but this one here I've done was simply to see how far my units could go. I do greatly agree with the advice on Milady and Killer Lances, though.

On 4/27/2023 at 9:01 PM, Shadow Mir said:

I have issues with some of this advice... it sounds way too specific, which is really iffy in a game where everything is random, and some of it is just outright not helpful at all. For example... I see no reason to buy a Slim Sword when it's, to be blunt, wasting money, as the extra 5 crit doesn't make up for being weaker than an iron sword.

The problem here is that raising weapon ranks is slooooow. Dieck prolly wouldn't make it to S axes unless-maybe even if-he used axes exclusively (which is a dicey proposition). Also, I don't see why Gonzales would be worthy of a skill slot; sure, he is usable... if you like gambling, because his hit rates are utterly atrocious, even on hard mode (and no, a Secret Book isn't gonna fix that). Also, Gonzales is hard to impossible to rescue, which is a bad thing in a game with big maps. And that's not even getting into the promotion item quandary...

The problem with Hugh is that to get him at his best, you need to pay 10 grand. Also, iirc, Silence will prevent you from recruiting him, as silenced units are unable to use talk or support commands. Also... To be honest, for the most part, status staves are Useless Useful spells, as most units don't have the magic to have good hit with them. Especially Silence, which is more likely then not to fail against the stuff it's meant to be used on...

She needs some work to get to silver rank, and Steel Lances are just plain bad (lol 55 hit).

Like was said earlier, Lilina's gonna have bad durability forever, and her Roy support isn't gonna fix that. That said, it is lightning fast, which most supports AREN'T.

Build supports between the two of who???

As to that, I wouldn't bank on having someone use Aureola, as Saul and Ellen both need to work their way up from E rank (AFTER promotion), with the utterly glacial weapon rank gain this game has (which isn't helped by their being really fragile)... and Yoder, who has much less work to get there, is more geared for support.

If I really wanted to use Apocalypse, I'd find Niime to do just fine for that. Not that Raigh can't be good.

While some of your advice is good, I would appreciate if you don't crap on mine. I can admit that I should have clarified that you don't have to follow this- it was simply to tell others how I've completed my latest playthrough and if anyone felt like doing so as well.

12 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

I do not agree with some of the advice here. As someone who is a fan of binding blade, has played through it many times, and done some funky challenges, there's some issues with what's seen here. Assuming this guide is to a player new to hard mode trying to get through as smoothly as possible, here's some pointers:

In the earlygame, train Roy, Lance and Allen, Shanna, Lugh, and Rutger. These units all have various strengths and reasons to be on a team, and provide utility throughout the game.

Roy is the weakest of the units recommended here, but investing in him will make later maps much easier as he can survive siege tomes without any worry. Early on he has swords in axe land, so his combat is actually fairly good.

Lance and Allen are essentially the same unit. The top post claims to focus on lances, and this is not true. Use the weapons on the cavaliers that work best in the moment. Early on, there's so many axe enemies that not equipping a sword when you have the option is going to drop your survivability, as fighters will be hitting more often and dealing more damage, and contribute to the accuracy issue many new players attribute to binding blade by losing 25 hit over using an iron sword.

Shanna is an interesting case. In the midgame you will be able to purchase killer lances, and with them Shanna's combat is much stronger, but early on she will be a struggle to train. Soldiers, archers that are weakened, and mercenaries are your best bet. She will die if attacked by an archer or two axe users early on, so be careful with her. You can give her the early angelic robe to mitigate this issue, but another option is to not train Shanna. She can still provide great utility on some chapters by saving villages without fighting and rescuing units, but if you aren't comfortable with frail fliers, don't worry too much.

Lugh is another interesting unit. His base stats are very low, and his low durability early on means he has to watch out, but he's easier to train then Shanna because of one reason: anima magic. Anima is the best weapon type in the game, hitting enemies lower res, having 1-2 range, and having base 95 accuracy. Lugh will eventually start doubling everything he sees, and his combat will be some of the best. Another topic to talk about with Lugh is bosses. Lugh can very easily wear down bosses or other powerful enemies thanks to his high accuracy, and in some cases can be safer then Rutger on them (looking at you, Henning).

Rutger is a good combat unit. That's about it. He's the first unit with hard mode bonuses you get, and he definitely shines. Rutger can double many enemies early on and if you're in a pinch, he can reliably kill an enemy with his killing edge.

These are the units I recommend absolutely using early on as combat units. In terms of healers, you can use any combination of the first three staffers, Saul and Ellen are essentially the same unit at slower playthroughs, while Clarine is a very flexible healer thanks to her horse. I suggest using two of them, but however you want to split it up you can.

There are other units that I suggest using as filler. They will definitely be useful and you should not sideline them, but they won't be useful the whole game.

Dieck is pretty strong early on, but will fall off eventually without high investment. As a combat unit, he's great, but competes with Rutger for a promotion item and is definitely weaker then him.

Marcus, on the other hand, is the actual savior of your earlygame. Marcus early on has your best combat, and he can always pull you out of a pinch. Need to lure a group of units? Marcus has higher durability then your other units. Need to kill something? Marcus silver lance. Need to accurately wear down a boss? Marcus has high skill, a hit boosting support affinity, and weapon flexibility. Marcus has some of the strongest combat in chapter 7, a very hard early map, and can use axes to have advantage over the cavaliers and wyverns. He will fall off, but use him while he's good.

I don't suggest using Lilina, but she's definitely capable if raised. Lilina is very weak early on, and will remain pretty slow and frail until promotion, where she will gain enough speed to not worry about being doubled and onerounded by enemies. Even after promotion, keep her out of enemy range and don't let her take hits. She can work as a second, harder hitting, but slower Lugh.

Hugh has ok bases, and can work as a filler unit, but he's also not necessarily that good. Steal his member card and kill him if you don't want to spare the gold.

Raigh is not that good either. He lacks anima, giving him accuracy issues, and nosferatu is a fairly rare and expensive tome and not worth training him. When Niime joins, she performs the same function in combat: hitting hard once, while providing incredible staffing utility. Use niime when she shows up.

Yeah use Percival he's pretty good.

Melady is a wyvern rider that joins in chapter 13. She's the best unit in the game, practically undisputed. Dump exp on her in her join chapter, promote her in that chapter, and watch as she snowballs through the rest of the game. Any problems Shanna has in combat are completely erased with Melady. She's bulky, she's strong early on, and she's very good overall.

Careful if using Sue or Shin. Between the two, I recommend Shin, but both work very well. However, if you use one, train a pegasus knight. Whoever of your two groups gets more exp chooses your route. Pegasi send you to Ilia, but nomads send you to Sacae. Sacae is... not fun. Don't go there.

If you must have a bow user, I suggest Klein. He joins earlyish and has a high bow rank and good bases. A speedwing on him guarantees him good combat for the rest of the game with consistent use.

For the legendary weapons, don't worry about them. You don't need a user for each of them, and the only map where the main weapons used are legendary weapons is pretty easy. You don't need to design your party around having a user for every weapon. Use who you want, but the units I recommended above will make the game much easier and smoother.

I do agree with this. But to respond to your first argument, I should have clarified that this "guide" was simply me telling everyone what I had done in my latest playthrough, and simply giving pointers on anything anyone may want to do as well.

10 hours ago, SnowFire said:

People have done crazy challenges and beaten FE6 with nearly any combination of units, including "bad" ones, so I agree with others that the tone is a little too specific.  Totally fine to say "I did this and this to get through," but it's certainly not required.

I'll just briefly echo others and agree with some Lugh hype.  Enemy Resistance is trash in FE6, so a speedy low-attack mage like Lugh can still ORKO quite a lot of enemies, and perform valuable, safe chip on others.  Lilina's high-attack, medium speed approach can be a bit better against the rare enemies who sport good resistance scores, but how many enemy bishops are you even fighting, anyway?  Hugh has the problem that, if playing "efficiently", he costs money to recruit in the game that has storebought stat increasing items (if you FAQ up the secret shop).  He's also quite a bit underlevel.  Why not just use the money on any other mage, and also give them some Boots in the bargain?  For all that he's still not terrible, mages are good in FE6 due to the "bad enemy RES" issue mentioned before, but at some point there starts to be a crunch on Guiding Rings if you try to build too many unpromoted mages.

I do agree with your advice, but I would appreciate if you all did not harp on this "guide." I should have clarified that this was made to simply tell people what I had done in my last playthrough, why, and gave pointers if anyone wanted to do so as well.

5 hours ago, A.G. Zhark said:

I do agree with your advice, but I would appreciate if you all did not harp on this "guide." I should have clarified that this was made to simply tell people what I had done in my last playthrough, why, and gave pointers if anyone wanted to do so as well.

Just so you know in the future - you can respond to multiple other posts in one post. Just "Quote" each one that you want to respond to. That way, you can avoid unintentionally double (or in this case, quintuple) posting.

By the way, was your last playthrough on Normal, or Hard? That affects the ratings somewhat. Sue, for instance, is more competetive with Shin on Normal than on Hard, because she doesn't get Hard Mode bonuses. For the most part, though, units that are good on Normal will be even better (relatively speaking) on Hard, while "bad" units will have a tougher time.

6 hours ago, A.G. Zhark said:

While some of your advice is good, I would appreciate if you don't crap on mine. I can admit that I should have clarified that you don't have to follow this- it was simply to tell others how I've completed my latest playthrough and if anyone felt like doing so as well.

It's fine if you want to be helpful, but some of the stuff you posted was just begging to be called out. Like your seeming inability to grasp that pretty much everything in FE in general is random, for example. And the part about using slim swords, as those have no purpose in this game; they're weaker and more expensive than iron swords, and all they have to show for it is a tiny crit boost and overkill accuracy. If I really wanted to boost my crit chance, I'd be better off using a Killing Edge, which actually has some oomph behind it. Even when using those, I might not crit in combat, but still, it's leagues above "use a slim sword because it has more crit". Another issue I had was this:

On 4/27/2023 at 12:45 PM, A.G. Zhark said:

When you recruit Dieck and the rest of his crew, you should immediately start to build Supports between the two of them.

I shouldn't have to point out that this is extremely vague and unhelpful. Who are you suggesting Dieck builds support with??? Because he joins with three other units nearby. 

The part about the mages was already mentioned, but for more context: this game has a shortage of promotion items in general. Before the first secret shop, you only get two of most promotion items, with one of each requiring you to go out of your way to get. None of the four magic units you suggested are unusable, but the promotion item shortage might hamper your plans.

8 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

But have you used berserkers in Sacae? Or anyone in that route? You brought up Sacae route, not me. I wasn't about to because I know everybody avoids it. You say "only three maps" as if the route isn't five maps total. Many classes don't have a single standout map that's playing to their unique abilities like that. And everybody is struggling to hit nomads because they're the fastest enemies in the game. Most of my guys were facing high 70s and not securing the double on the promoted ones. I think my Rutger once whiffed one of his two swings with his generic steel sword. So I forgive Geese's 60-80 displayed hit. It certainly doesn't factor in with his wyvern hunting missions. When the enemies can't hit you, you can take that second turn you need to finish the one with a javelin with your Killer.

The only valid criticisms with the berserker class I've neglected to talk about are their pre-promotion. Brigands and pirates do struggle with hitting as you say and gaining experience as a result. But when you promote you get 4 or 5 Skill (Geese and Gonzo, respectively). That's 8-10 base hit - the same gap in accuracy between axes and lances. On an indoors map, sending Geese to kill someone was no more a gamble than sending Allen because this is FE6 we're talking about and everything becomes a team effort due to RNG.

I did go there when I played. but I didn't use any of the berserkers when I did, because my opinion of axe infantry is very, very low. While most other units might have issues with hitting nomads, and especially nomad troopers, it's gonna be especially apparent with Berserkers, between their poor skill and being locked to the most inaccurate weapon type in the game. While it's nice to have a unique factor...

229.jpg

This speaks for me on that front. And frankly, your so-called "strategy" for chapter 23 is just gonna make them a big lightning rod for status staves. What the fuck will your berserker be doing to the enemy forces when they're snoozing and losing, huh? Oh, wait, that's right, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

In Gonzales's case, I'd also mention the fact that after promotion, his constitution increases to the point where he's pretty much unable to be rescued, which is bad in a game with big maps. Also, why in the seven hells would I work with someone who's downright detrimental to use??? I'd rather work with someone who isn't actively making my team worse just by being fielded before promotion.

Edited by Shadow Mir

10 hours ago, A.G. Zhark said:

[snip]

Fixed the multi-post. I assume in this instance it was an honest mistake through the Quote feature, but be advised that multiple posts in a row are against site guidelines (unless you're updating a Let's Play or some other project).

I don't even know how to properly use forum websites. My first post and I'm being crapped on and penalized like this is Reddit. Help me out and tell me how to delete posts. I genuinely made a big mistake making this post thinking that everyone would have an open mind.

10 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

Fixed the multi-post. I assume in this instance it was an honest mistake through the Quote feature, but be advised that multiple posts in a row are against site guidelines (unless you're updating a Let's Play or some other project).

Since power granted by the site wants to be used for bad instead of helpfulness, then at least tell me how I can delete my "repeat" comments or my account. Genuinely. I had already been booted off of Reddit because of its vague rules, rude users, and abusive power to older and higher up users. I feel as if leaving would be better for not just me, but for those who's time I've wasted. Take that as an apology, and just tell me how to delete my account.

14 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's fine if you want to be helpful, but some of the stuff you posted was just begging to be called out. Like your seeming inability to grasp that pretty much everything in FE in general is random, for example. And the part about using slim swords, as those have no purpose in this game; they're weaker and more expensive than iron swords, and all they have to show for it is a tiny crit boost and overkill accuracy. If I really wanted to boost my crit chance, I'd be better off using a Killing Edge, which actually has some oomph behind it. Even when using those, I might not crit in combat, but still, it's leagues above "use a slim sword because it has more crit". Another issue I had was this:

I shouldn't have to point out that this is extremely vague and unhelpful. Who are you suggesting Dieck builds support with??? Because he joins with three other units nearby. 

While your advice on Magic users is useful, most of what I hear is simply "I don't like this, so it's bad."

I know this is a forum website, but it isn't Reddit. Again, let me say that this "guide" I made should have been clarified as me simply telling you all how I played the game last.

I am replying to this. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, as the rules are really vague, and I'll mostly get penalized again, but if anyone knows how to delete their account, tell me how. I do not want a repeat of my last Reddit experience.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I did go there when I played. but I didn't use any of the berserkers when I did, because my opinion of axe infantry is very, very low.

That's too bad you can't enjoy these good units.

And frankly, your so-called "strategy" for chapter 23 is just gonna make them a big lightning rod for status staves. What the fuck will your berserker be doing to the enemy forces when they're snoozing and losing, huh? Oh, wait, that's right, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

If a berserker on a mountain gets berserked while in range of wyverns, then it won't change anything. Sure you can't reach them with a restore staff, but there's no need when he's as safe as a baby in a crib with a group of enemies in range to get distracted by. He can only move one tile anyway. So if the wyverns all die too quickly, it'll be some time before he walks back down the mountain to his next target. He might choose to equip Armads which is wasteful but not exactly reset worthy. As for Sleep, you're referring to the druids near brunnja, the wyverns are all long dead before you're in range of them. Chapter 23 has 0 reinforcements so it's a play at your own pace affair, bait out those sleeps before closing in. But okay, LTC hypothetical where you want to use a berserker to kill brunnja but aren't degenerate enough to rig crits on a 30% hand axe hit because it's a no-reset LTC. He can very easily get slept trying to battle her even if you place other targets in range of those staves. Sleep status won't make him any less dodge tanky, but he'll need physic support as he's snoozing because brunnja is more accurate than him. Still safer than trying to do the same with any other unit fighting her from the Plains tile, but you're right that warping him there pre-maturely is likely to be a waste and you'll have to cut through all those enemies in the end anyway.

In Gonzales's case, I'd also mention the fact that after promotion, his constitution increases to the point where he's pretty much unable to be rescued, which is bad in a game with big maps.

Gonzales certainly has this issue (while the other two don't have to worry about it). Once your mounted units promote, nobody can carry him except Shin and Dayan. This sucks. But Warp does not take Con into consideration, and the Chapter 21 strategy I offered is him walking to the right, and then one tile down onto the peaks. And you may still have an unpromoted shanna in your barracks to carry around an early promoted berserker gonzales. I didn't promote my Shanna because she was level 10 and still had her base 4 strength. Not saying that will ever happen to anybody else, just that FE6 is a game where the player must respond to the RNG sometimes regarding unit selection.

36 minutes ago, A.G. Zhark said:

Since power granted by the site wants to be used for bad instead of helpfulness, then at least tell me how I can delete my "repeat" comments or my account. Genuinely. I had already been booted off of Reddit because of its vague rules, rude users, and abusive power to older and higher up users. I feel as if leaving would be better for not just me, but for those who's time I've wasted. Take that as an apology, and just tell me how to delete my account.

The first thing you should do is stop posting and take a breath. You cannot delete posts or your account. Every forum has rules and there's a common one about double posting. No one likes to read one user spamming messages, so you're encouraged to get all of what you want to say in one post. The Edit feature lets you add or remove anything you like. And Use the Quote button on every post that you want to quote or tag that user (@USERNAME). Either option sends them a notification that you're talking to them. By using Edit, you can indeed delete everything you've ever said.

Nobody knows about what you did on Reddit and nobody cares. Every user is a person and deserves to be treated like one. Even if they're clearly giving you attitude. Take the conversation I'm having with @Shadow Mir. I know I won't change his mind. He said as much anyway. But I feel like it's still important to get out my perspective in a patient, respectful manner because I acknowledge that I don't know everything and neither does anyone else. Someone is going to hear about FE6 berserkers and the game will probably become more fun and interesting to them. That's worth something. Your perspective can potentially change minds too.

9 hours ago, A.G. Zhark said:

You realise I gave you a reprieve and explicitly didn't actually warn you for the multi-posting, right? But there really isn't anything ambiguous about 'Do not double-post. If somebody hasn't posted after your post and you need to add something, simply edit your existing post.'

Nobody's out to get you, and there's no cause for a persecution complex. Just listen to what other people are saying.

11 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

That's too bad you can't enjoy these good units.

You are very, very, *VERY* generous to consider them good units. Good units don't have crippling flaws that far eclipse their strengths, last I checked. And axe infantry tend to be lacking because they have crippling weaknesses that their strengths don't make up for. Like here, accuracy is a constant concern with all of them. All the power in the world means fuck all if you can't hit anything, after all. As a result, I'd consider Geese and Gonzales among the worse Hero Crest users; I'm just shooting myself in the foot giving them the nod over anyone that isn't Ward or Lot.

If a berserker on a mountain gets berserked while in range of wyverns, then it won't change anything. Sure you can't reach them with a restore staff, but there's no need when he's as safe as a baby in a crib with a group of enemies in range to get distracted by. He can only move one tile anyway. So if the wyverns all die too quickly, it'll be some time before he walks back down the mountain to his next target. He might choose to equip Armads which is wasteful but not exactly reset worthy. As for Sleep, you're referring to the druids near brunnja, the wyverns are all long dead before you're in range of them. Chapter 23 has 0 reinforcements so it's a play at your own pace affair, bait out those sleeps before closing in. But okay, LTC hypothetical where you want to use a berserker to kill brunnja but aren't degenerate enough to rig crits on a 30% hand axe hit because it's a no-reset LTC. He can very easily get slept trying to battle her even if you place other targets in range of those staves. Sleep status won't make him any less dodge tanky, but he'll need physic support as he's snoozing because brunnja is more accurate than him. Still safer than trying to do the same with any other unit fighting her from the Plains tile, but you're right that warping him there pre-maturely is likely to be a waste and you'll have to cut through all those enemies in the end anyway.

I never said anything about them being berserked; I specifically mentioned sleep, because if I'm warping someone well ahead of everyone else in the hopes they take out a good chunk of the enemies, them being put to sleep renders them nothing but a sitting duck, and I'm likely gonna have to go through those enemies the old way anyway. That being said, the only real reason I'd warp someone way ahead of everyone else is warpskipping. Also, that map has two sleep staves, and FYI, staff range in this game is huge, so I'd expect them to get hit from a long distance away.

Gonzales certainly has this issue (while the other two don't have to worry about it). Once your mounted units promote, nobody can carry him except Shin and Dayan. This sucks. But Warp does not take Con into consideration, and the Chapter 21 strategy I offered is him walking to the right, and then one tile down onto the peaks. And you may still have an unpromoted shanna in your barracks to carry around an early promoted berserker gonzales. I didn't promote my Shanna because she was level 10 and still had her base 4 strength. Not saying that will ever happen to anybody else, just that FE6 is a game where the player must respond to the RNG sometimes regarding unit selection.

Warp doesn't take that into consideration, but there are better uses for it than enabling a niche strategy that only a few specific units in a subpar class can use. As to your last statement, I could say that of most any FE game, tbf.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 4/27/2023 at 5:22 PM, ping said:

Getting Deke to S Axes is a lot of effort. If you want somebody to use Armads, you're better off using a primary axe user - Lot, Geese, Gonzales with HM bonuses - or even Echidna or Percival.

Bartre is another decent option too. If I remember correctly he's the first unit with A axes and he has a lot of time to gain the ranks.

18 hours ago, A.G. Zhark said:

I know this is a forum website, but it isn't Reddit. Again, let me say that this "guide" I made should have been clarified as me simply telling you all how I played the game last.

If you're not looking for debate or criticism then you want to avoid calling this a guide and using words like should. In any case the one advice I would give is that if you're using Shanna it can be useful to get her to promotion by the western isles arc to build her sword rank. She can get to C swords for Killing Edge utility which is unique for a flying unit for a good portion of the playthrough.

On 4/28/2023 at 2:15 PM, A.G. Zhark said:

I do agree with this. But to respond to your first argument, I should have clarified that this "guide" was simply me telling everyone what I had done in my latest playthrough, and simply giving pointers on anything anyone may want to do as well.

In that case, I apologise. In my defense, however, you did call the topic a guide, and the post itself is telling the reader to do the actions, e.g. saying "You need to switch between Roy and Lance". This language implies you, the author, are instructing the reader to perform the action. If you wanted to more clearly show this was what you did last playthrough, you could say: "In the first few chapters, I swapped between Roy and Lance." By switching out the "you need" for "I", this changes it from a guide to a showcase of the strategy you used for this playthrough. In its current state, the original post is labeled is and is presented as something the reader should follow and as good advice for a new player. Because the post read as such, people responded by criticizing what we saw as poor advice. What you perceived as attacks were less attacks and more rebuttals of what people thought was better advice. Nobody penalized you for the quote problem either. Nobody knows how to do something perfectly the first try, and the moderator did not penalize you for your mistake.

Some things I do enjoy about this "guide" is its editing and labelling. There was clearly a lot of effort put into making it neat. Underlining important names to help emphasize certain parts of the "advice" given is a nice touch, and a step that adds quality most people, including myself, would probably skip. Additionally, you showed off some units that are worse then other units, but did say they were functional substitutes. Some things I would suggest to help fix advice or sharing your experience in the future:

• Once again, make sure you know who you're talking about. If you're talking about your experience, use phrases like "I did this" and "I decided to" instead of "you should". This will help people know whether you're speaking about what you've done or what they should do.
  • Additionally, you should separate guides and help for a chapter from guides and help from what units to use. Telling people how they can recruit a unit is fine, but sometimes people may want to just use the best units to make the game easier, and come up with their own strategies. Additionally, this will help group up some similar units or sort units by join time a little better. For example, you talk about Raigh, a unit who joins in chapter 12, after giving a guide for how to complete chapter 16.
On 4/29/2023 at 12:56 AM, A.G. Zhark said:

as the rules are really vague

Well then, glad to help you out. 

Once you enter the forums, the very top link, in big font, is the Serenes Forest Code of Conduct. This will very clearly explain the rules and expected conduct of users of this site.

I apologize if you feel like we attacked how you play FE, or if we attacked you as a person. I assure you this was not the intent and the users who offered criticism have nothing against you as a person, but are instead trying to offer advice and help you and others get better at fire emblem.

I disagree with the disagrees. Give Roy all of the stat boosters! Not because it's pragmatic or practical, but because he's our boy and he deserves to be swole.

• 10 months later...
  • A.G. Zhark changed the title to Close This Guide
On 4/27/2023 at 7:45 PM, A.G. Zhark said:

There is no option to delete posts, so I have to edit it to remove everything from it. I also was tired of most of the hate and arrogance I recieved, especially from the moderator.

I do not think that anybody here intended to hate on you or your playstyle. You had framed your initial post as a guide - and while that doesn't imply that you're telling people how they must play the game, it presents itself as advice how to beat the game more easily, or more efficiently, or "better" in any other sense of the word. People have criticised your initial post under that assumption, and stopped after you gave the clarification that you were describing your personal playthrough.

There is no hard feelings on my part, but I want to point out that it's quite rude on your part to describe the replies as "hate and arrogance" or, implied by your last reply, with a "close mind and bad attitude". You've put out your opinions, others have responded with theirs, generally in a polite tone and explaining why they disagree. I know and understand that it sucks when you put effort into something and it doesn't receive the feedback you were hoping for, but I hope you will be able to look at this thread later and see that it really didn't have much of a hostile atmosphere.

Finally - warnings from a moderator really don't have a lasting impact. They expire fairly quickly, if I recall, and nobody but the mod team and yourself will be able to see them. Again, I fully understand that it doesn't feel nice to be told what (not) to do, especially when it's a rule that doesn't seem obvious (doubleposts is just something that's always been seen as rude in forum culture), but I would advise that the only thing you should take away from the warning is to not doublepost again. ;):

@A.G. Zhark Easy there partner, aint no need for all that

Lemme tell ya a bit about myself. I got a warning my first day here. It was about something having do with the dreaded R word which I aint gonna mention lest she wanna ding me again. I didnt realize how heavily disliked that was. But I PMed her and apologized and it aint no big deal. Shit happens and life goes on, ya know?

I come from an ideological slant that differs from probably 99.99% of everybody here, but nobody’s tried to run me off yet. I’d like to think the common interest of VGs can bridge a divide like that. As a certified member of AAA no arena goes unmilked for all its worth so that makes me the crudest FE player in the world. That said, everybody’s been more than kind whenever I had a question 

Its just a matter of everybody’s got different ways of doin stuff, not necessarily one of right and wrong. I personally dont like usin prepromotes and would rather train my own squad

I wish I coulda read what you had to say in the OP, but we all gotta roll the way we think best. 

Take care in whatever you decide