Edelgard Was Right

As a first time player. I am really moved how well the story is written here.

What i really want to say after playing AM and CF route is that. Blue king was where Edelgard was MANY MANY YEARS AGO. After her returning to the empire with all that was done to her by TWSITD. I have no doubt Edelgard felt the same revenge and hatred that we see in AM route by dimitri. The difference was, She was totally powerless to do anything about it. It was after so many preparations that she kept doing what she can to fight for her beliefs. Eventually in the war phase she fight for something other than revenge (eventhough its the same thing, so its convenient), but dimitri was fighting solely for revenge.

Edelgard is definitely a woman of convictions, and is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve her goals.

That said, I would contest the notion that Dimitri is motivated solely by revenge. In AM, he starts with revenge as his only goal. But with the help of his friends, he comes to forsake that goal, fighting instead to defend the country and the people he cares for. His arc is one from selfish, personal goals, to selfless ones for the world. At least, that's how I read him.

6 hours ago, Florete said:

I happen to think she was left.

In the finest tradition of "war does not determine who is right, only who is left", and given the four routes of the game, I think we can safely say that Edelgard is 25% left and an indeterminate amount right.

20 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Was? Guess she no longer is, then.

No the word "was" is used to denote the fact that her actions which are right were in the past. It doesn't mean that she is no longer right. 

8 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

No the word "was" is used to denote the fact that her actions which are right were in the past. It doesn't mean that she is no longer right. 

Woosh.

Never heard of that joke before?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

No one said there was a problem.

I mean, Icelerate has yet to state if it was a joke response too.

Edited by Acacia Sgt