What do you think a Fire Emblem What if…? Series would look like?

I suddenly just got a weird idea in my head while I was eating my breakfast. If IS and Nintendo, for some reason, decided to make some kind of anime series with a slightly similar premise as the MCU's "What if…?" series, what alternate events do you think would each of the episodes be about? Would each of the episodes take place in a single mainline game (e.g Episode 1 - Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Episode 4 - Genealogy of the Holy War, etc)? Would there be some kind of a "Infinity Ultron (FE version) plans to take over the Multiverse/Destroy all Life in the Multiverse" type of scenario? If so, who would take the role of the "Infinity Ultron" type of character? How do you think that scenario would play out?

I am really really tempted to hear your thoughts about this because I couldn't get it out of my mind.

Edited by Nozomi Kasaki

• Nozomi Kasaki changed the title to What do you think a Fire Emblem What if…? Series would look like?

What If...

• Celica never left Ram Village?
  • Quan and Ethlyn avoided Yied Desert?
  • Roy was Eliwood's father?
  • Greil defeated the Black Knight?
  • Corrin wasn't kidnapped?
  • The Tragedy of Duscur didn't happen?
  • Elyos had all the Emblem Rings?

Isn't the villain tries to control the multiverse the plot of every Heroes villain? I stopped playing after a while.

• What if Marth was captured in the invasion of Altea and Ceada converted the pirates to her side in building the pirate nation of Talys, and eventually an army to liberate Archanea?
  • What if Lucina found Robin instead of Chrom (And why did she use his chest as a sheathe for the Falchion)?
  • What if Narcian cornered Roy's army in Ostia and the Etrurian generals never showed up to assist?
  • What if Travant took baby Leif instead of baby Altena? (not sure how this works timeline wise unless we swap the birth years of these two)
  • What if Corrin was the child of nobody special - it says so here in this letter I just discovered here take a look
  • What if Lyn was too late to save her grandpa, lost herself on her revenge quest, and then got recruited by the Black Fang?
  • What if Alm settled for Faye in the years after Celica left? Then the Deliverance rolls in and Alm's like sorry guys I got my teenage sweetheart pregnant. Good luck tho.
  • What if Greil never touched that damn medallion and continued living as Daein nobility by the time FE9 starts?

I really think Pirate Queen Sheeda could be the breakout character that Captain Carter was

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

• What if Fomortiis had been trapped in the Sacred Stone of Renais instead of Grado, and Eirika had been the one to release him?
  • What if the Greil Mercenaries decided to leave Elincia by the side of the road where they found her?
  • What if Emmeryn hadn't jumped?
  • What if it had been Takumi who was kidnapped and raised in Nohr?
  • What if Kostas had successfully killed Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude?

I think I will do one of these for each game (with only one for the remakes instead of originals)

• What if Issac won its war with Granvale?
  • What if the Kingdom of Thracia ruled the Munster District instead of the Granvale Empire?
  • What if Bern had conquered the world, with only an underground resistance to oppose Zephiel's attempt to transition the world to draconic rule?
  • What if Nergal remembered the reason he seeks power, and recognized his children?
  • What if L'Archel and Joshua lead the war instead of Erika and Ephraim?
  • What if the Greil Mercenary's leadership was given to Titania as the most competent instead of Ike for nepotistic reasons?
  • What if Ike had taken the title of Nobility offered to him, and was a noble in Elincia's court for Radiant Dawn?
  • What if Marth was capture to ensure Elice's escape, instead of the other way around?
  • What if Nyna did marry her beloved Camus?
  • What if the Tagurel weren't near extinction?
  • What if Valla were less poorly written, and people could know about it before trapping themselves there?
  • What if Duma's mind was fixed by Celica's sacrifice, which her revival would undo?
  • What if Byleth never existed?
  • What Lumera lived, and stayed the more prominent Divine Dragon throughout the war with Sombrom in Engage?

-What if Nyna married Marth instead of Hardin? Then you'd have Marth be the miserable emperor possible getting manipulated by Gharnef. As well as a miserable Caeda and Hardin.

-What if Byleth never went to teach at the officers academy, and Edelgard somehow managed to turn on the Slitherers before the war started.

-what if Lucina became a Grima worshiper just like Morgan? Also the original Awakening timeline is an obvious ''what if'' timeline.

On 5/21/2023 at 6:02 AM, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Isn't the villain tries to control the multiverse the plot of every Heroes villain? I stopped playing after a while.

Actually no, at least, not beyond a borderline example. Their motivations have been, at least as far as remember them.

*Destroy one specific kingdom because the voices in her head told her to.

*Destroy one specific kingdom because, uh, he's a cool fire bastard who loves killing in general.

*Eradicate the living...in two specific kingdoms...but mostly it's just kill one guy. Somehow this is the closest to trying to control the multiverse (and she's probably the least memorable villain).

*Uh...it was all a dream?

*Preserve one kingdom eternally (which involves developing strong enough tech to always be secure).

*Destroy one specific kingdom because humans are dicks and rival god likes humans so fuck the country he patrons.

*Well we don't really know yet. Fates destiny time travel stuff. Possibly multiverse conquering is on that table.

Though funnily enough in the current Forging Bonds we have Anankos running amok with the full intention of destroying every reality that exists.

21 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

-What if Nyna married Marth instead of Hardin? Then you'd have Marth be the miserable emperor possible getting manipulated by Gharnef. As well as a miserable Caeda and Hardin.

I genuinely have a file on my computer called Artemis's Curse that has the outline for this fangame and do intend to make it real when I'm finished current projects.

Edited by Jotari

40 minutes ago, Lord Scatsbury II said:
  • What if Chrom never saw Robin laying down in the grass?

This one is actually a rather funny result. Robin would have just wandered around clueless as to who they are until someone else took them in or they were killed by bandits. They'd then just sit on the sidelines of all the conflicts, with Future Grima frustratingly unable to find his preferred vessel and having no inside man to kill off Chrom.

• 2 weeks later...

* What If Robin was raised in the Grimeal ? 

* What If Caeda dies? (Its a Canon outcome but I want to know who Marth would settle with. Maybe Marisha or Catria? Or even a princess like Sheena or Yuliya for political reasons? No, not Nyna) 

* What If Deirdre stayed with Sigurd, was never brainwashed and never married Arvis? 

* The outcome in which most of Seliph's comrades die and he becomes  the ruler of the entire continent 

* What If Elbert didnt disappear? How things would unfold? 

* What If Eliwood wasnt sickly and lead the army instead of Roy? 

* Nyna meets Tatiana moment, please. 

* If Soren discovers who his parents truly are? 

* If Pelleas keep being king?

* What if Eirika used the sacred Stones to revive Lyon and her comrades that fell in battle? 

* What If Lucina never time traveled? (Mostly the original timeline in which Chrom dies by injures but it would be nice to see the bad future animated)

* what If Ephraim renounces the Throne to Eirika, to follow his dream as a mercenary? 

* If Lachesis didnt disappear in the desert? How would be Nanna and Leif's life in Thracia with Lachesis alive (would they even be in Thracia)? 

* If Eyvel didnt lost her memories?

* If Garon was never posessed by Anankos? Anankos instead possesses Mikoto or Sumeragi. 

* If Jeralt didnt die?  

On 5/20/2023 at 6:02 PM, Zapp Branniglenn said:
  •  
  • What if Alm settled for Faye in the years after Celica left? Then the Deliverance rolls in and Alm's like sorry guys I got my teenage sweetheart pregnant. Good luck tho.

Lmao I would like to see this. Celica would settle for Saber, Kliff or Atlas? Idk 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 10:00 PM, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Elyos had all the Emblem Rings?

I think you mean Sombron.

On 5/21/2023 at 4:11 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

-What if Byleth never went to teach at the officers academy, and Edelgard somehow managed to turn on the Slitherers before the war started.

Oh boy, you're gonna love this! 😛 Unless that was the joke and I misunderstood.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:54 PM, lenticular said:

What if Fomortiis had been trapped in the Sacred Stone of Renais instead of Grado, and Eirika had been the one to release him?

Ooh, I like this one!

But in general, while "the bad guy wins" is an obvious choice for "What Ifs," I like the ones that just change how the starting conditions on the playing field; the above is just one example that stood out to me because of my FE8 bias.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That was indeed the joke.

Yeah, that does make more sense.

On the plus side, it shows us a case of IS actually giving us a "What If" game, that's good to know, right? Maybe Engage could get one too?

36 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

On the plus side, it shows us a case of IS actually giving us a "What If" game, that's good to know, right? Maybe Engage could get one too?

I doubt it. The Fell Xenologue was already our What If scenario for Engage.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Isn't What If more or less the standard for Fire Emblem for almost ten years now? Like...they did literally release a game called Fire Emblem: If

On 5/21/2023 at 6:02 AM, Zapp Branniglenn said:

What if Lyn was too late to save her grandpa, lost herself on her revenge quest, and then got recruited by the Black Fang?

We have that. It's called He-man universe because of Evillyn.