I *redacted* hate tellius tomes

Why are they allowed to double, what has Brom ever done to deserve death in such a sad way? Stupid 21 speed sage with bolting nAWGHDRYEFIUJwg diuyojawgb djhkasewgbdhjklagwblijdh

Edited by BBQandChill
Punctuation

I think he's on about PoR, because it has half the might and +50% weight in RD..

I remember having to hope Rolf didn't get hit by a ranged tome in 18 because I'd benched him from the off.

Then again, video game bullshit is bothering me too at the moment....

Edited by Punished Dayni

9 minutes ago, Aircalipoor said:

My Rhys once got doubled in chapter 27 and died, despite his high res. Next time, I deequiped his own tome have more AS.

What the buck?? Unbelievable.

Checking the stats, I admit its not common.

Chaper 27 sages have 21-26 Mag, Bolting is 14 Mt against Rhys due to Weapon Triangle (Anima > Light)

They also have 18-21 Spd and 7-8 Str, so even Bolting gives them 13-16 AS.

A highly trained Rhys with just Light equiped should avoid being doubled and can probably shrug off two attacks, but if he has a heavier tome equiped (maybe I was using Purge or Shine that round) and may have lost a few HP because of a prior magic attack, its feasible. Or he is just 20/3 with 32 HP, 24 Res and 12 AS, then he can be ORKOed.

Or two siege users attacked him and I thought he could shrug it of due to being high Res. But with unexpectly being doubled, even 10 damage adds up if its done four times.

3 minutes ago, Aircalipoor said:

Checking the stats, I admit its not common.

Chaper 27 sages have 21-26 Mag, Bolting is 14 Mt against Rhys due to Weapon Triangle (Anima > Light)

They also have 18-21 Spd and 7-8 Str, so even Bolting gives them 13-16 AS.

A highly trained Rhys with just Light equiped should avoid being doubled and can probably shrug off two attacks, but if he has a heavier tome equiped (maybe I was using Purge or Shine that round) and may have lost a few HP because of a prior magic attack, its feasible. Or he is just 20/3 with 32 HP, 24 Res and 12 AS, then he can be ORKOed.

Or two siege users attacked him and I thought he could shrug it of due to being high Res. But with unexpectly being doubled, even 10 damage adds up if its done four times.

I thought light was isolated from the trinity of magic?

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

Came in expecting frustration over lack of pwoer of tomes in RD. 
This checks out as well.

A part of me is okay with that, but then again I'm not the kind of person to pick siege tomes for blessings when I probably should if I'm willing to bring mages to endgame.

I'm not opposed to siege tomes being able to double, but they need to have, like, an absurd weight value. In the territory of "you will be losing double digits of AS by equipping me". That way, in the hands of a truly Speedy Mage, they can still double Armor Knights and other slowpokes. Conversely, though, their weilders become even more "sitting ducks", getting doubled by most foes with even passable Speed.

15 hours ago, Aircalipoor said:

Could be, my bad in that case. The equiped weapon was mainly bad since it lowered Rhys already low AS.

Light Magic deserves to have the lowest weight in any game where it appears. It's Light Magic, not Heavy Magic! Also, have you ever tried to weigh a photon? Let me tell you, it does not go well!

It's so stupid. Tomes are weak and everyone has a ton of res. The entire point of mages is that their attacks cannot be resisted under normal circumstances in exchange for them being frail, weak and wimpy. You make tomes weaker and bring up the res and Mages are no different from any other class. Except they are STILL frail, weak and wimpy, with nothing to make up for their many drawbacks.

14 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

A part of me is okay with that, but then again I'm not the kind of person to pick siege tomes for blessings when I probably should if I'm willing to bring mages to endgame.

Neither am I. It isn't worth it.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

It's so stupid. Tomes are weak and everyone has a ton of res. The entire point of mages is that their attacks cannot be resisted under normal circumstances in exchange for them being frail, weak and wimpy. You make tomes weaker and bring up the res and Mages are no different from any other class. Except they are STILL frail, weak and wimpy, with nothing to make up for their many drawbacks.

You must be talking about RD specifically, though shades of this came up in PoR. Case in point: Tornado. It's A rank magic... but it has the might of an iron bow. What the hell. Oh, and as an extra kick in the nuts, effective in PoR is only double might, meaning wind magic in general isn't even that much better than thunder vs fliers.

Edited by Shadow Mir