FE4 Infinite Money Codes

Xcross15

Well, since I have been kinda bored of engage, I decided to fire up FE4 for the first time in like 10ish years, problem is the game has that real obtuse individual pools of money per character thing, and trading is even more obtuse. I spent the better part of three hours fiddling around with memory values, but I cannot get the money value to stay locked at 99999 (what I am assuming to be the maximum) I kinda just want to bypass the money issue when it comes to "trading". Does anybody have a set of infinite money codes for the entire cast?

Thanks very much.

I think the money cap should be 50000. I believe that's exactly how much you need to repair divine weapons from broken to completely fixed (in blaggi staff case, from 1/1 uses instead of 50/50 uses). Maybe that's why it doesn't stay locked at 99999, though I think some hacking I've done in the past involves values staying above their normal caps. Hope that'll help?

Edited by Original Alear

On 5/27/2023 at 11:19 PM, Original Alear said:

I think the money cap should be 50000. I believe that's exactly how much you need to repair divine weapons from broken to completely fixed (in blaggi staff case, from 1/1 uses instead of 50/50 uses). Maybe that's why it doesn't stay locked at 99999, though I think some hacking I've done in the past involves values staying above their normal caps. Hope that'll help?

Think the Valkyrie Staff costs 30K, not 50K. But yeah, 50K is the maximum.

On 5/27/2023 at 8:30 PM, Xcross15 said:

Well, since I have been kinda bored of engage, I decided to fire up FE4 for the first time in like 10ish years, problem is the game has that real obtuse individual pools of money per character thing, and trading is even more obtuse.

The money/pawn system is one of the game's core mechanics. Getting an item from one unit, to another, can be a puzzle in its own right. How many villages do I need to visit for this transfer, or how many swings of the Thief Sword? To cut it out would be... I dunno, like giving infinite durability to weapons in GBAFE. It's not giving leaving you with an honest experience. 

On 5/27/2023 at 8:30 PM, Xcross15 said:

Does anybody have a set of infinite money codes for the entire cast?

I don't know of any such codes, no. Might be worth poking around "Fan Projects", if you're looking for romhackers. Not that SNES patches are very popular...

21 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

To cut it out would be... I dunno, like giving infinite durability to weapons in GBAFE.

Hold on, new ROM hack experiment just dropped.

To be fair though, money is never really a problem in GBA FE, so you can just buy 100 hand axes and functionally have unlimited uses. My FE4 experience is more limited, but I imagine it's more impactful there.

• 2 months later...
On 5/29/2023 at 10:57 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Hold on, new ROM hack experiment just dropped.

To be fair though, money is never really a problem in GBA FE, so you can just buy 100 hand axes and functionally have unlimited uses. My FE4 experience is more limited, but I imagine it's more impactful there.

Re: GBAFE, well it's still a game of trade-offs. I can buy a bunch of Javelins and Hand Axes, sure, but that's less money to spend on Physics from the Secret Shop.

As for Genealogy, the cost to repair weapons usually isn't a huge deal. Legendary weapons are an exception, as is the Earth Sword (each 1K per use). The bigger cost investments are the Rings, and certain staves. Status Staves will cost 30K each (for 1 or 3 uses, depending on which one), while each Ring is either 20K or 40K. That's nearly your whole fortune, so moving them around is a balancing act. You want to make sure, for instance, that once a unit buys the Paragon Ring, they can beat the whole Arena with it in-tow. Thus maximizing their EXP and Gold. This economy is what makes Bargain such a powerful skill - you can buy and sell the Paragon Ring, or the Pursuit Band, or the Power Ring, freely. Thus letting you "free up" those items when other units need them, at no personal loss.

...Actually, come to think of it, rather than "infinite gold", the hack should be "give everyone Bargain". It shatters the economy, but that's what the OP came here asking for, isn't it?

• 2 months later...

I've only tested this for Sigurd but it should work for the whole gen 1 cast. This presumes you have a place to enter action replay codes.

Money has 2 codes for each character

Sigurd:

7e2d4bXX & 7e2d4bcXX

The first code has to have 50 and the second code has to have C3

So it would look like

7e2d4b50 & 7e2d4cC3

This would fix Sigurd's money at 50,000, which is the money cap for any character (nothing should cost more than this)

Giving everyone bargain is actually harder, because I still haven't found the skill modifier codes for gen 1. If you want them for Gen 2, those are out there, but Gen 1 is outta luck. I also have a few codes for when Annand shows up in chapter 4 if anyone is interested.

Anyway. List of money codes for everyone else in Gen 1. Credit to that one gamefaqs list of cheats by Lord Alvein, the only thing here that's mine is the entered values and the localized names.

Spoiler

Naoise

7e2d27 & 7e2d28

Alec

7e2d03 & 7e2d04

Arden

7e2cdd & 7e2cde

Azelle

7e2cbb & 7e2cbc

Lex

7e2c97 & 7e2c98

Quan