Legendary Hero - Hinoka: Thundering Wings

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

And yet they knew they would bring them to Heroes eventually.

How a character will eventually be implemented in a different game should have zero bearing on how a character is implemented in the game they're in. Characters in a game should be designed for that game.

How a character is implemented in Heroes should be an afterthought at best.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

What's so wrong with lances or axes or bows or tomes as the main character's weapon?

Swords are the easiest weapon to use at the start of the game due to having high accuracy and low weight. They also have weapon-triangle advantage over axes, which typically make up a larger proportion of early-game enemies.

Furthermore, swords are culturally seen as "heroic" weapons. Historically, this was due to the fact that swords are typically among the most expensive weapons to produce and were therefore as much symbols of status as they were weapons.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I remember people saying Corrin was a good support, but I don't think anyone has bothered to say that in years...

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Oh damn, that totally brings back memories, I was one of those people.

The only memory I have about Refined Yato is Anacybele complaining that she invested on Male Corrin but he was not helping Brave Ike at all, and that it was a waste investing on him. But that's because she didn't give Ike and Corrin ally support with each other. Then she got mad, saying that no one told her about the need of ally support, and when we proved to her that we indeed told her about it she just didn't bother in admiting she was wrong and just said that it was a waste of time investing on Corrin, that she would not change Ike's ally support and that she sent Corrin home.

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The only memory I have about Refined Yato is Anacybele complaining that she invested on Male Corrin but he was not helping Brave Ike at all, and that it was a waste investing on him. But that's because she didn't give Ike and Corrin ally support with each other. Then she got mad, saying that no one told her about the need of ally support, and when we proved to her that we indeed told her about it she just didn't bother in admiting she was wrong and just said that it was a waste of time investing on Corrin, that she would not change Ike's ally support and that she sent Corrin home.

My memory is seeing Xray and maaaaaaybe Ice Dragon (they both answer a lot of questions in the questions thread, so I might just have ID posts mistaken for more Xray) recommend M!Corrin as a support. Of course now we have several far better support units...

Ah Anacy... they were certainly a person who posted enough in General Discussion to be one of the top posters despite having left SF a few years ago.

I feel like base m!Corrin's issue with his refine was that it really only made him good as a support bot. It's the same issue with base Robins and Marth, they can give support boosts but they don't benefit personally from their refines at all.

One simple (if still underpowered) fix would be to just let them benefit from their refines, what with most characters nowadays getting the benefits of the buffs and boosts they give already.

As for that other thing ... lol.

Actually, now that I think about it, I would even say Hinoka: Thundering Wings is better than Lucina: Brave Princess. Her Special charge+1 status works on both phases and it would not be cancelled out by Feuds.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Actually, now that I think about it, I would even say Hinoka: Thundering Wings is better than Lucina: Brave Princess. Her Special charge+1 status works on both phases and it would not be cancelled out by Feuds.

Nah grants the same effect plus Def/Res +6, and given she's in the 4* special pool she's technically easier to get for it, though giving Charge to fliers is still a powerful effect.

For Legendary Male Corrin, I want him to be a Sword unit or a Staff unit, since he should be a Hoshido Noble considering Female Corrin was a Nohr Noble. To me, a good case would be a Sword Alt with a Prf healing assist, but having a Legendary Healer would be very cool.

I also liked the idea of making Brave Corrin a Sword unit, because if we go with dragon again... this CYL has a very high chance of being a magic only Banner (since dragon's attacks target Res against melee foes at least). 

About Hinoka, I got her in my 2nd circle, so I am happy with that. I will see how good she is in Arena this month, since she will be bonus for 4 weeks.

17 hours ago, Xenomata said:

My memory is seeing Xray and maaaaaaybe Ice Dragon (they both answer a lot of questions in the questions thread, so I might just have ID posts mistaken for more Xray) recommend M!Corrin as a support. Of course now we have several far better support units...

Ah Anacy... they were certainly a person who posted enough in General Discussion to be one of the top posters despite having left SF a few years ago.

I remember liking Male Corrin's refinement when I saw it but I already begun investing on OG Marth at that point, who has a weaker effect but was not locked to a single ally. I remember using Marth with his refined Falchion, Spur Atk/Spd 2 C skill and Spur Def/Res 2 seal in arena back in 2018. Then also using OG Soren with his Owl effect refinement, so when adjacent to Marth and more allies, plus others inherited skills, Soren would get around Atk/Spd/Def/Res+18 to all stats during combat. Now these days new heroes can reach that with their base kits alone, on top of debuffing foe's stats as well. lol

On 5/30/2023 at 4:35 AM, GrandeRampel said:

This alt is based after the ending of Conquest in which Hinoka becomes the queen of Hoshido.

You can say that becoming the queen of a country in one of the endings isn't much but the bar was already on the ground after "I only exist if you buy a DLC, and even in said DLC I don't do anything that LEGENDARY" Yuri and "I don't do anything legendary and I'm not even the canonical queen of the lord, unlike Caeda and Nanna who had that going for them" Lilina.

Being fair Lilina also becomes queen in the end regardless of who she is paired with, that's why she got a legendary I guess, even though its just a note in the ending credits. But agree that Hinoka deserves more than her.