Hinoka: Thundering Wings - Legendary Hero Battle

Xenomata

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxXWKIgaYAAxQnE?format=png&name=orig

A version of Hinoka from the Conquest path of Fire Emblem: Fates descends onto the battlefield, Raijinto at her side and Fujin Yumi in her hands.

Fujin-Raijin Yumi grants her Canto 1,  special cooldown -1, and flying/armor effectiveness at all times. When she's above 25% HP, Hinoka gets Atk/Spd +6, additional 20% of her Spd as extra damage, neutralizes effects that deny her follow-ups, and blocks the counterattacks of any units she has a triangle advantage against or just generally outspeed, so Green enemies beware especially.
Rallying Cry's start of turn effects, if an ally is within 2 spaces of Hinoka, grant herself and nearby allies acceletated special charge, as well as the Charge bonus to herself and flier allies, enabling an aerial assault. She also inflicts a Spd/Def/Res -5 penalty on non-flier enemies within 3 rows or 3 columns centered on herself.

Hinoka's special of choice is Deadeye, doubling her damage and ignoring non-special damage reduction effects when triggered. Atk/Spd Catch 4 triggers if her enemy has a Penalty or is at 100% HP, and Wings of Mercy 4 lets her move adjacent to an ally within 3 spaces with less than perfect HP, or to any space within 2 spaces of an ally with 60% or less HP, so it's in your best interest to make sure her allies are dead before EP begins. Also inflicts a Def/Res -3 penalty.
On Abyssal difficulty, don't expect to be able to take her out with Bows, because Iotes Shield removes her Flier weakness.

The skies of Hoshido are ready to rain radiant vengeance upon her enemies...

Edited by Xenomata

The usual strat of Far save BEdel wasn't exactly well-suited for this particular map. It was a good opportunity to whip out Spd Preempt LShez at the very least.

Is there any better feeling than watching 3 units who should not have any business in an Abyssal Hero Battle clearing so easily?
...well, maybe doing it with 4 units who have no business in such, but that'd require me to build a different dancer...

Nina is a bow user. Hinoka couldn't be more obvious about her strategy of Charged Fliers if she had been shouting it as loud as she-oh wait she was...
Spring Triandra I personally believe is currently one of the best dancers available right now, or at least she is in my army, if only because of Firestorm Dance 3. That thing is strong. That Infantry Archer on turn 3 would have done her a nasty amount of damage had Nina not had the Desperation effect in play.

Leif and Peri... gonna be honest, I just wanted to see how well they'd do. They delivered. Leif took basically no damage at all, and Peri was quite strong.

I truly believe Arcane Weapons are what brought back to life every unit from earlier versions of the game. Not bumping their stats up with Dragonflowers or stronger and better skills, nonono, Arcane weapons. Do you think Peri would have any place here without Arcane Luin. Oh dear, these weapons are corrupting me with their power...

I used the new legendary m!Robin I pulled to try to beat this map.

Aside from having to give him an attack-boosting seal in the abyssal mode, he didn't break a sweat and blew up Hinoka on turn 1.

Let's give Snap a try, shall we?

Hinoka is pretty scary if she's allowed to start warping, so you really have to make sure you oneround everything... or you can just barge through all the enemies to kill Hinoka on Player Phase. Naturally I chose the latter. Silvia and Blarum with Arcane weapons and Snap movement is easily the most cracked combo I've made in the game so far.

I could have cleared this a bit quicker if I wasn't so hell bent on trying to save my Shez Combat Manual. Soon as I foddered him, the map was beaten~

Fortunately, it was pretty easy to stay out of the way of Hinoka's Charge Shenanigans. And as long as everything died or was avoided, no WOM4 ruining our day either~

@GuiltyLove - You wouldn't have thought there were so many Archers on this map with how easy the Whitewings managed to clear it. Fortunately, Grima Gang doesn't have to worry about any Bow damage anyway.

@Xenomata - That is a super spicy Nina. I wish I had that many Arcane Weapons for my Leif and Peri.

@Some Jerk - That Silvia build should be written about in the history books.

Very easy map. I thanks Hinoka for my win, because if she had a Spd boosting sacred seal instead of Iote's Shield that she had I would probably not be able to beat her the way I did. So... prepare to see the Marths buffing each other with their specials. lol

@GuiltyLoveThis was my first time seeing this map with reinforcements, since I beat all difficulties in one turn, and it's pretty nice to see Hinoka spawning flying allies every turn and just giving them charge everytime. It really reminds me of her map in Conquest.

With that said, I liked both your clears. The Macedon army hold well their area until Hinoka got tried and decided to go down and die to Palla's blade. And that was a close kill with Halloween Grima on Hinoka.

@Landmaster Once good thing about the Elise Team is that healing is not a problem, so you can keep your team healthy. The Elises did great. Still waiting for a Green Arcane Tome and an Arcane Dagger.

@Some Jerk It's very fun to see units units easily moving 3 spaces, and how much damage reduction Silvia got with that skillset she has.

@Xenomata It's been a long time since I saw some of those units in action. Some times I see Peri in Maaka's Limited Battles clears, when the limitation is Fates, but Nina and Leif were a surprise to me. They did great, and Peri killing Hinoka that easily was nice. 

@System ErrorNice clear! Edelgard still holds her title of one of the best galeforcers in the game, for sure!

I'm a little bit late to the train, but I managed to beat this map the usual way. I was scared of Hinoka's drive charge, but I succeded in using the tight space to avoid the dangerous foes to get to me.

• 2 weeks later...

@GuiltyLove Nice clears! Good job operating outside of Hinoka's massive range until she decided to approach on her own, taking her on in enemy phase is pretty much suicide for most units in the game I think. Canto was very handy for taking out somehting and staying out of reach.

@Xenomata Nice to see some less commonly used units go at it! Triandra's support is super useful. Nice clear!

@System ErrorNice 2-turn clear! Raging Storm is a lot of fun. I wonder if you could adjust this one into a 1-turn clear by using Mark to move Edelgard up initially, for example with Smite? Then Azura could use Wings of Mercy to let her get another attack off up there. Regardless, a very efficient way to beat the map!

@Some Jerk Great work by the dancers once again! Snap looks so great, I'm so sad I can't use it with my Tanas since they're all fliers... Certainly a great boon for a mixed team like yours though!

@Landmaster Oath 4 on Summer Elise will surely see a lot of use! Super useful on maps like these where she's hindered by the terrain. Lovely clear!

@Diovani BressanTaking on Hinoka in enemy phase, and with an armor unit no less, is pretty impressive! It's a good thing enemy phasing worked out, because getting up there with the Marths looks like it could have been annoying otherwise.

@Yggi Nice clear! Staying out of Hinoka's range is a good move. The team was very efficient in dispatching the enemies immediately so she couldn't warp in. Lovely piano rendition of the music as well, great video!

This was a very easy Abyssal to one turn, as no enemy posed a challenge to defeat. Having a flying team also meant I had no issues getting to the fight. I'd say the GHB this month was a lot harder than this.

• 3 weeks later...