New Heroes & Mythic Heiðr

The New Heroes banner this month is giving us a Mythic Hero, as well as characters from Binding Blade. From Binding Blade, we're getting Ascended Fir, Noah, and Dorothy on the banner, Saul as a presumably free unit, and Murdock as the GHB.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really only have two things to say:

1) Why Fir, of all people? This is basically The Return of Ascended Mareeta 2.0. If they're really allergic to making any more male ascended units, this could've been Sue at least. EDIT: Heck, or Guinevere. She's plot-relevant and has no alts.

2) Where the actual fuck is Engage? Like, seriously. I don't even care for Engage and I still think it's being ridiculously overlooked. Not sure why SoV and 3H were allowed to get lots of banners in rapid succession when the games released while Engage got only one banner and is missing the male half of their avatar.

Edited by Sunwoo

And IS again rubs salt in my wounds that cry for Elphin to be added in maybe next year because Naga forbid they actually put a non beast/dragon male dancer in the game since dancer Xander.  I am glad Noah got in, but after 6 years I am starting to think I have zero hope of Elphin ever getting in.  I would have taken an Engage banner over this I am really salty.

IS out here really putting the "mid" in the Midpoint banner.

I knew that this was fairly likely going to be Binding Blade, but man this banner really shows that this is yet another game with very little left to work with. Mudock at least looks sick though (and might actually have a Prf weapon).

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

2) Where the actual fuck is Engage? Like, seriously. I don't even care for Engage and I still think it's being ridiculously overlooked. Not sure why SoV and 3H were allowed to get lots of banners in rapid succession when the games released while Engage got only one banner and is missing the male half of their avatar.

I've pretty much given up on expecting Engage. IS can more Engage whenever they feel like it. I barely care any more at this point.

Meanwhile, I'll just expect to see Jugdral next month.

I'm happy Binding Blade is getting a banner now, there's still quite a few characters left from that game I'd like to see. Noah and Dorothy among them. But, I must say, I'm confused about this banner. I don't know why they didn't give us Ascended Guinivere, with Zeiss and Elen on the banner, Murdock as the GHB, with a free kinda-sorta random doesn't really fit in a theme character like Astolfo/Geese/Garret/Ogier/Yoder. Or, heck, Ascended Cecilia, with Elffin and Douglas tagging along.

IS really doesn't like Engage and MAlear do they?

Nice to get Dorothy and Noah in the game, but having Elffin missing this long despite being pretty important to the story of Etruria is pretty confusing. At least Murdock's finally in so that all of the Wyvern Generals are playable in the game.

Fir: 151st in CYL6, 136th in CYL7
Guinivere: 354th in CYL6, 323rd in CYL7

That's probably our reason as to why Fir. I'm entirely fine with seeing another Fir alt but yeah as an Ascended Hero specifically, she's just redundant when Ascended Mareeta also exists.

Personally, I thought that they'd go with Sophia for the Ascended / Rearmed. I feel that also would've had more potential than "here's your god sword for this month".

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Fir: 151st in CYL6, 136th in CYL7
Guinivere: 354th in CYL6, 323rd in CYL7

That's probably our reason as to why Fir. I'm entirely fine with seeing another Fir alt but yeah as an Ascended Hero specifically, she's just redundant when Ascended Mareeta also exists.

Personally, I thought that they'd go with Sophia for the Ascended / Rearmed. I feel that also would've had more potential than "here's your god sword for this month".

I didn't realize that Guinevere was that much below Fir in the most recent CYLs. Dang.

Ascended Sophia sounds cool in theory, but she has a more recent alt than Fir, so ...

Honestly, I would've preferred Ascended Sue over any of them. 😐

Weird character choices aside, because honestly they could have released Ascended Zephiel and I wouldn't have cared any more or less because I still haven't played this game (although I would call to question why Binding Blade now has two Ascended Heroes)

Looks like Null Follow-Up is getting upgraded now. Two versions even, one for Physical and one for Magical units. That's... neat? Gonna make getting the right one a nightmare in HoF... either way, stat debuff, ignore half of any non-special damage reduction, and the standard NFU effect.

Fir looks good, but nothing that stands out specifically with her.
Noah brings an Alarm passive into the regular summoning pool, which is nifty. Gives the Dodge bonus to a support ally, which is great and also means not every Dodge stacker needs to bring Spd Smoke 4 as long as they're buds with Noah.
Dorothy... exists. That's about all I have to say about her.
Murdock? An armored grail unit who one can say more about than that one from the Radiant Dawn banner. His weapon in his sprite doesn't look like any known weapon series in existence right now, so maybe that spell of Grail armors with meh inheritable weapons is over.

Heidr... ooooh boy, glad she's an Astra mythic which means I don't have to fight her in AR. She's so close to being a Support unit, but giving all those bonuses to herself, and then also getting another action, is not something I'd want to be on the receiving end of. I think she's also the first unit who can give a stat bonus higher than 7, but honestly there's so many units that I'm probably forgetting someone. Either way, Bonus Doubler ahoy!

Man, having that good a support unit around makes the banner worth pulling off of, but all the other units I can't say I'm that interested in. Noah would be good to grab for his support effect. Also, don't we usually get a fourth unit added to the summoning pool when a New Hero banner is hijacked by a Mythic? Dorothy could have come alongside a regular pool version of Saul for instance.

Edited by Xenomata

It's really impressive how they're able to make the worst possible choice at every turn. Sword infantry. Lance cavalry. Foot archer. And of course the spot wasted on a Mythic, I've never liked how they do that. I assume Saul gets the Elice treatment. Oh how I wish this banner was mid.

Okay that's not being completely fair. Moodock is great. And I admit having never really played through FE6, so I'm not about to make any claims about what the banner should have contained. (I tried a few chapters of FE6 but after doing 7 and 8 I felt all GBAed out)

I'm not saying it shouldn't have been an FE6 banner of course. I'm currently making my way through Engage (13-14 chapters in) but frankly I wouldn't really care if it got the TMS treatment and was never seen again in FEH. I basically just zone out whenever any of the characters opens their mouth and I feel I haven't missed out on anything of value. How everything is set up is just so incredibly contrived: four kingdoms, each with a widow(er) monarch, two teenage kids with two retainers each. Colour-by-numbers.

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It's Saul.

Oh wow I didn't even notice him in the trailer. Because they did jackcrap to bring attention to him.

Seriously I just checked everything again, and there's no mention of Saul anywhere besides the three seconds you get to see of the fifth map.

That's it, this game has peaked. They added Dorothy. There is literally no character left that is a more based pick than her, so it's officialy all downhill from here.

That's not to say there's no more fantastic picks left. We still have lesbian Heather, plus-sized Brom and Meg, badass scars Vaida and Reina, older woman Saphir, doesn't-speak-english Volug, male refreshers Seadall and Elphin and many others.

But Dorothy is just built different. She's arguably tied with Niime and Saphir for not belonging in a waifu game and yet here she is.

I can admit that IS deserves a big W for once, just because they added her. And they also put her on the banner in order to give us a chance to +10 her (RIP Saul enjoyers), how nice of them.

And Murdock is finally here! GOOD! Now for the next two GHBs give us Jahn and Sigune IS. I know you want to, come on!

Ascended Fir looks to basically be a better version of Ascended Mareeta and is probably intended to actually stand a chance at having enough Spd to block Fallen Byleth's Vantage effect.

Noah exists. He gets one of the Alarm skills that no one will ever use, but needs to exist just to complete all of the stat combinations. Flow Guard is nice to finally have in the standard pool, though it doesn't matter to me since I have way too many copies of Thorr.

Dorothy also exists. On top of not getting an exclusive weapon due to being the demote, she's unfortunately also likely to not get stats that can match Young Rebecca's.

Heidr adds Remote Sparrow to the Legendary/Mythic pool, which is nice. Not quite a good as adding it to the standard pool, but having predictable reruns is still a good thing. She also has Galeforce on her exclusive Rally skill and is basically a Rally version of Legendary Eliwood. Seems interesting, even if she doesn't really fit my play style for Aether Raids.

The new tier-4 Null Follow-Up skills are interesting, but not exactly game-changing. Null Follow-Up is significantly more common than Tempo on weapons, so they probably won't be in too high of demand.

Saul exists.

I sure as hell hope that Murdock actually has his signature Tomahawk.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I sure as hell hope that Murdock actually has his signature Tomahawk.

[SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/a/RysSOsQ

Oh, he most certainly does (even if it isn't called a Tomahawk, in English at least).

Stats (if you want the super asset(s) and super flaw(s), figure them out for yourself because I'm too lazy) [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Heidr
16/15/10/5/5 [Base]
38/45/45/29/20 [Max]

Fir
18/11/16/6/4 [Base]
42/44/46/34/21 [Max]

Noah
18/15/10/5/3 [Base]
40/45/45/31/18 [Max]

Dorothy
18/11/13/6/4 [Base]
40/46/43/25/28 [Max]

Saul
15/12/9/3/12 [Base]
37/40/44/16/40 [Max]

Murdock
21/15/4/12/7 [Base]
47/45/23/45/35 [Max]

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hide contents

So he gets a Prf but is stuck at 195 BST like Cervantes, and therefore can't hit 200 like Vigarde can. Win some lose some I guess.

Spoiler

That seems like a pretty minor nitpick when said Prf is actually pretty good even though it's a DC weapon being given to a grail unit. The "worst" thing about it is that it doesn't have the everpopular Slaying effect on it, and honestly I am all for that, I am sick of that effect being put on literally everything regardless of how well it fits the character to have it.

Edited by Xenomata

Looking over the list of playable Binding Blade characters still not in Heroes, at least not as a standard New Hero, and I think the only ones left that are best/easiest to work with are Elffin (probably dragging Douglas), Elen (probably dragging Zeiss), and Juno (probably dragging Zelot and Trec). Elffin because he's of relative minor importance, and Elen and Juno simply because they're the last two women left. And in Juno's case, you know they're gonna wanna use that last pegasus sister slot eventually, they love their pegasus units.

@Xenomata

Of course. I don't personally care about BST since I stopped even attempting T21 around 4 years ago. I think my last visit there was powered by something stupid like a 4*+10 Roderick or someone like that. It is probably something people might care about though, especially with the next gen BST boost coming in two months. That would likely mean Murdock ends up two BST bins behind the best new F2P armours.

Personally I'm sure I'll promote a copy, but he's not the type of unit I personally invest in as enemy phase armours only exist to complete quests for me.

And the usual translation notes:

The banner name, "New Heroes & Mythic Heiðr", is "新英雄&開花英雄&ヘイズ" (shin eiyū & kaika eiyū & heizu), "New Heroes & Blooming Hero & Heiðr". As usual, the term for Ascended Heroes is "開花" (kaika), "blooming".

Fir's epithet, "Swordmaiden", is "剣に生きる乙女" (ken ni ikiru otome), "Maiden Who Lives by the Sword".

Vassal-Saint Steel is "剣姫と剣聖の秘刀" (kenki to kensei no hitō), "Secret Sword of the Sword Princess and Sword Saint". They'll literally call it anything other than a "sword".

Phys. Null Follow is "理の見切り・追撃" (ri no mikiri: tsuigeki), "Physical Awareness: Follow-Up Attack". "理" (ri) means "reason" or "logic", but it's likely intended to be an abbreviation for "物理" (butsuri), "physical". "見切り・追撃" (mikiri: tsuigeki) is the name of the Null Follow-Up skill.

Noah's epithet, "Mercenary Errant", is "流浪の傭兵騎士" (rurō no yōhei kishi), "Wandering Mercenary Knight".

Ilian Merc Lance is "イリア傭兵騎士の槍" (iria yōhei kishi no yari), "Ilian Mercenary Knight's Lance".

Spd/Def Alarm is "速さ守備の奮進" (hayasa shubi no funshin), "Spd/Def Rousing Advance".

Dorothy's epithet, "Devoted Archer", is "心美しき弓使い" (kokoro-utsukushiki yumi tsukai), "Archer With a Beautiful Heart".

Defier's Bow is "守備逆用の弓" (shubi gyakuyō no yumi), "Def-Exploit Bow".

Heiðr's epithet, "Innocent Goddess", is "無垢の女神" (muku no megami), "Innocent Goddess".

Heiðr is "ヘイズ" (heizu), "Heiðr".

Gold Serpent is "黄金の蛇" (ōgon no hebi), "Golden Serpent".

Mag. Null Follow is "魔の見切り・追撃" (ma no mikiri: tsuigeki), "Magical Awareness: Follow-Up Attack".

Saul's epithet, "Loving Shepherd", is "野にある聖者" (no ni aru seija), "Saint in the Wild".

Incurable is "インキュアブル" (inkyuaburu), "Incurable". This is a transcription of the English word into Japanese, but is done a bit inaccurately as "in-" + "cure" + "-ble" instead of "-able". The transcription continues to render the "r" in "cure" as if it were a syllable-final consonant when it should actually be a syllable-initial consonant after affixing "-able".

Murdock's epithet, "Loyal General", is "ベルン三竜将筆頭" (berun sanryūshō hittō), "Leader of Bern's Three Dragon Generals".

Wyvern Hatchet is "竜将トマホーク" (ryūshō tomahōku), "Dragon General Tomahawk".

Kvasir's epithet, "Seer of the Past", is "過去の魔女" (kako no majo), "Witch in the Past". "過去の" (kako no), "of the past" or "in the past", is used in common speech to refer to how someone or something was in the past, but could be more literal in a fantasy setting. However, In this case, it would just mean "the past form of the witch". As a reminder, Gullveig's epithet is "黄金の魔女" (ōgon no majo), "Golden Witch".

Kvasir is "クワシル" (kuwashiru), "Kvasir".

Edited by Ice Dragon

I know ascended heroes are just an excuse to reuse populair female characters. But Karel is practically a canon ascended hero in this game? He wouldve been a much better choice than his niece imo. Or are they saving him for a legendary (lol).

Dorothy is here though, and as a demote as well. Ive been needing a new merge project, how does one build an Archer these days?

23 minutes ago, Opdepov said:

Dorothy is here though, and as a demote as well. Ive been needing a new merge project, how does one build an Archer these days?

Throw on a Whitecap Bow+ (from Summer Elincia in the grail shop), stack on the Atk and Spd, watch as the world is rendered asunder by the waves of summer.

Edited by Xenomata

Fir: Swordmaiden got Slaying, damage reduction, offensive half of Tempo, and Time's Pulse 4. Seems alright.

Tier 4 Null Follow-Up got damage reduction mitigation, which is cool. I am not sure why they are splitting the Tier 4 into two versions if they could have went with Atk/Spd+4 instead. Only thing I can think of is to help with stat checks against stuff like Pastel Poleaxe and Dragon Wall.

Noah got Slaying, true damage, and can grant Dodge and bonus nullification to himself and Support Partner. Not bad as a support unit for super tanks.

Heiðr got Slaying, Ruse, true damage, and damage reduction. Gold Serpent grants up to Atk/Spd+8 bonus, Canto, Treachery, and Dual Strike. I imagine Gold Serpent II a few years from now will also grant Def/Res+8, Dominance, and Triangle Attack to basically give everyone Brave-Blade tomes.

10 hours ago, Opdepov said:

Depends on what you are trying to achieve. I am assuming mostly player phase units.

Whitecap Bow as mentioned by @Xenomata is good if you do not want to invest too much. Ninja Yumi is another option if you do not want to spend Grails, although its acquisition timing is more limited to Special Heroes Foci. Wyvern Yumi is for dual phase Counter-Vantage. Brave Bow is the most basic and cheapest Weapon of this bunch.

Candelwax Bow gives recoil damage so the unit can act as a Wings of Mercy Beacon, but this is a more technical/niche option, and you can get it from Rolf: Tricky Archer in the Grail shop.

Firesweep is a decent option to chip foes safely.

For Blazing nukes, any bow works, but Arcane Náströnd is best but a bit expensive.

Spoiler

Player Phase, Brave:
+Atk, Asc+Spd
Whitecap Bow [Spd] — Ninja Yumi — Brave Bow
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow — Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
(Any B that inflicts Def or Spd/Def) — Desperation — Special Spiral — Escape Route — Windsweep — Watersweep
(Any C that boosts Atk/Spd, or inflict Spd/Def) — Time's Pulse — Savage Blow — Fatal Smoke — Def/Res Smoke — Atk/Def Menace
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Null Follow-Up

Player Phase, Wings of Mercy:
+Spd, Asc+Atk
Candlewax Bow
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Fury — Remote Sparrow
Desperation
(Any C that boosts Atk/Spd or inflict Spd/Def) — Time's Pulse — Savage Blow — Fatal Smoke — Def/Res Smoke — Atk/Def Menace
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Fury — Null Follow-Up

Counter-Vantage:
+Atk, Asc+Spd
Wyvern Yumi
Reposition
Ruptured Sky
Close Salvo — Close A/S Solo (whenever this gets released)
Vantage
(Any C that boosts Atk/Spd or inflict Spd/Def) — Time's Pulse — Fatal Smoke — Def/Res Smoke — Atk/Def Menace
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Fierce Breath

Firesweep:
+Atk/Spd
Firesweep Bow
Reposition
Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Flashing Blade
(Any B that inflicts Def, Spd/Def) — Special Spiral — Escape Route — Poison Strike
(Any C that boosts Atk/Spd or inflict Spd/Def) — Savage Blow — Fatal Smoke — Def/Res Smoke — Atk/Def Menace — Time's Pulse
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Null Follow-Up — Poison Strike — Savage Blow — Flashing Blade

Blazing:
+Atk, Asc+Spd
Arcane Náströnd [Atk]
Repostion
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light — Growing Wind
Life and Death — Atk/Spd Hexblade
Special Spiral
(Any C that boosts Atk/Spd or inflict Spd/Def) — Savage Blow — Def/Res Smoke — Atk/Def Menace — Time's Pulse
Life and Death — Hardy Bearing

Blazing, no Slaying:
+Atk, Asc+Spd
Whitecap Bow [Atk] — Ninja Yumi — Brave Bow — Firesweep Bow
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light — Growing Wind
Life and Death — Atk/Spd Hexblade
Special Spiral
Time's Pulse
Life and Death — Hardy Bearing

Edited by XRay

Man, I was more excited for Murderdock than anyone on the banner, and my enthusiasm is still soured by him being one point short of the 200 BST bin. Which really sucks, because he's got a sick PRF.

On that note, I'm just grabbing Fir's floret and getting out. I almost jumped on Heiðr, but that was because I misread her PRF Assist as granting the ally an extra action along with herself. Not that Gold Serpent isn't still cracked as hell, but my tastes are discriminating. It really doesn't help that she's actively competing with Seiðr due to having the exact same class and Mythic blessing.

Edited by Some Jerk