Do you think Greil knew...?

Do you think Greil knew who Soren really was? When you think about the timeline, Soren seems to have been born BEFORE Greil and Elena ran off with the medallion. And, being one of Daein's Four Riders, one would think he would be privy to the information regarding Ashnard's family.

Could be one of the reasons Soren was accepted into the mercenaries.

What do you think?

Do you think Greil knew who Soren really was? When you think about the timeline, Soren seems to have been born BEFORE Greil and Elena ran off with the medallion. And, being one of Daein's Four Riders, one would think he would be privy to the information regarding Ashnard's family.

What do you think?

It is a bit much of a coincidence that Soren just happened to be in the same town (in Gallia) in which Greil and Elena were hiding. He was only a small child at the time, and I don't think that small children could cover the distance that Greil and Elena covered to escape from Daein...

But I'm having trouble fitting the pieces of his background together. He had an adoptive mother who didn't love him, then he had a mage master who mistook him for a Spirit Charmer and drilled him hard in the magical arts... I assume that it was after his master died that he met Ike for the first time...

Very confusing, in my opinion.

It is a bit much of a coincidence that Soren just happened to be in the same town (in Gallia) in which Greil and Elena were hiding. He was only a small child at the time, and I don't think that small children could cover the distance that Greil and Elena covered to escape from Daein...

I always thought that Ashnard dumped him in Gallia after he kidnapped him.

I always thought that Ashnard dumped him in Gallia after he kidnapped him.

I guess you're right. The old sage lived in Gallia, so it stands to reason that Soren and his foster mother also lived in Gallia.

But now that I think about it, Bryce didn't know that Ashnard had a wife and son, and he served Ashnard longer than Gawain had. (Come to think of it, we don't even know if Gawain ever did serve Ashnard.) So being one of the Four Riders does not necessarily make one privy to Ashnard's family.

Now, Gawain could have guessed that Ashnard had a Goldoan wife, but I doubt that he could have done more than guess. And Soren, at least in PoR and RD, more closely resembles his uncles Rajaion and Kurthnaga than either of his parents.

It's been a few months since I've played Radiant Dawn, so I don't quite remember:

Was it ever stated that Ashnard had married Soren's mother? Isn't it possible that Ashnard had Soren out of wedlock? If his birth was out of wedlock, then it stands to reason that few people would have been aware of it, as Ashnard would have likely kept it secret.

I used the term "wife" loosely. As Almedha herself says in... chapter 4-2 of Radiant Dawn, if I remember correctly... she might more accurately be described as Ashnard's mistress. But she certainly was the closest thing Ashnard had to a wife.

I doubt he knew, because didn't he leave because Ashnard became king? I always thought Gawain served Ashnard's father.

No, Gawain left when Ashnard came in possession of Lehran's Medallion. He and Elena stole it and ran off with it before Ashnard could use it.

What do you think?

First off, Greil was one of the Great Riders, not one of the Four Riders. Also if you look at the Supports from Radiance, when Soren met Greil and Ike, Soren said he was friendly to him. So that would assume that Ike had at least the cognitive functions to polite to Soren meaning they've been there. I'm just babbling, but I'm just trying to figure out when Soren was born since from what I gather, it was probably after Ashnard took the throne from his father was either during or after Greil and Elena fled. Why? Almedha mentioned that he saw Ashnard murder his father and tear up the blood pact. This is a major piece since they became estranged and Ashnard didn't want anything to do with Almedha AFTER Soren is born and she loses her powers.

Also Ashnard was pretty secretive, even regarding to family since no one knew he had a child. Because remember Byrce who served as a Great Rider and then became one of the Four Riders mentioned that if Ashnard was killed, the royal bloodline would end. Putting two and two together, you'd realize that Greil would have been in the same boat as everyone else. Not he didn't have anyone like Volke either since they met after Greil killed Elena.

Not necessarily. I'm sure we could come up with plenty of questions that could be possible about this game.

"up next in FE news... did Greil know Soren's deepest darkest? Well, you'll never find out! hahahaha!"

we should think of theories....

First off, Greil was one of the Great Riders, not one of the Four Riders.

I didn't know that there was a difference. I thought that Bryce, Tauroneo, Gawain, and Lanvega were to Ashnard's father exactly what Bryce, Bertram, the Black Knight, and Petrine were to Ashnard.

Almedha mentioned that he saw Ashnard murder his father and tear up the blood pact. This is a major piece since they became estranged and Ashnard didn't want anything to do with Almedha AFTER Soren is born and she loses her powers.

Ashnard didn't know that Almedha would lose her Laguz powers because of her pregnancy, or he would have dumped her BEFORE Soren was born. It may have taken some time to figure out that Almedha couldn't transform.

Then again, they never bothered to name their son...

Then again, they never bothered to name their son...

Not necessarily true. What if Soren's birth name was Pelleas? It would make sense, as Almedha would probably refer to her son by his birth name, and not some nickname an orphanage gave him.

Not necessarily true. What if Soren's birth name was Pelleas? It would make sense, as Almedha would probably refer to her son by his birth name, and not some nickname an orphanage gave him.

That would be a huge coincidence when another Pelleas suddenly appears, don't you think?

The "fake prince" Pelleas was called so only because Izuka convinced him that was his real identity.

Possible, no?

Possible, but in the absence of any evidence that Pelleas ever had any other name, I'm inclined to believe that he didn't.

And likewise for Soren.