I feel bad now...

Strawman

I made this girl get up and walk out of class today when we were having a class discussion that went from voting to gay rights.

The thing is, I was defending gay rights.

So maybe it isn't as bad as it sounds?

oh well, I just hope she doesn't hate me forever.

/venting

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if she hates you forever she is a terrible person and a homophob seeing how she would walk out on someone defending it.

Edited by Griffen78

Why did she get upset in the first place?

Well this is how it went down. Our teacher said something about California voting away Gay Marriage rights and she says, not out loud for everyone to hear but for the people around her to hear, "Whats it matter? They are going to hell anyways."

Then a little later she is sayin how the U.S. is a Christian Nation based of Christianity.

Then she says "I really don't care what the government does but if you are a Christian you shouldn't believe in gay rights, thats like going against God since God judges us."

To which I turned to her and in a very angry voice said "Then why are you the one judging? Have you even ever read the Bible?"

Then she got up and left.

Personally, I think what she said is way more offensive than what I said, but I still feel bad because it is never my intention to get angry and say something that offends someone.

Well this is how it went down. Our teacher said something about California voting away Gay Marriage rights and she says, not out loud for everyone to hear but for the people around her to hear, "Whats it matter? They are going to hell anyways."

Then a little later she is sayin how the U.S. is a Christian Nation based of Christianity.

Then she says "I really don't care what the government does but if you are a Christian you shouldn't believe in gay rights, thats like going against God since God judges us."

To which I turned to her and in a very angry voice said "Then why are you the one judging? Have you even ever read the Bible?"

Personally, I think what she said is way more offensive than what I said, but I still feel bad because it is never my intention to get angry and say something that offends someone.

Oh, that's alright. Don't bother apologizing at all. If a person has the right to be happy, then why ruin it with some silly, old-fashioned, decriminatory moral?

Well I did apologize when in the hallway she got kind of mad at me and said she does in fact read the bible.

But she seems like the type to hold a grudge.

And no she is more of a jock. And shes black, not that means anything.

Kind of got a 'tude though.

The thing is, I was defending gay rights.

Gays shouldn't exist.... You disagree?

Here is my thoughts.

You have a penis? You are a guy. Go after girls.

You don't? You are a girl. Go after Guys.

You're gay? Wrong. You are a girl.

You are a hermaphrodite? You are going to hell or you are getting surgery. You are lucky you have a choice between genders.

Though I guess I am ok with gays as long as I don't get involved with any of them in any way. They are just the world's way of saying "FUCK YOU, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!'

but yeah... She should at least read the bible before saying that stuff.

Even I, an atheist, have read most of it.

She is just being ignorant, like many Christians.

Christianity.jpg

On a serious note, don't mind her.

Or he could say this:

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you."

or

"I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Forgot who said those.

While I think a separation of church and state is needed(mostly to to avoid stupid people and their stupid comments. That goes for both sides.) I think a separation of gay and state is needed.

I don't mind people not believing in religion. However, I do mind for some reason we are talking about gays in schools! If we can't bring in religion in school we shouldn't be able to bring in gays either.

I don't mind people not believing in religion. However, I do mind for some reason we are talking about gays in schools! If we can't bring in religion in school we shouldn't be able to bring in gays either.

Do you have any idea how discriminatory you are sounding?

She's an amoral twat who's best prospects involve heavy use of nails. She's insignificant. Ignore her.

Gays shouldn't exist.... You disagree?

Here is my thoughts.

You have a penis? You are a guy. Go after girls.

You don't? You are a girl. Go after Guys.

You're gay? Wrong. You are a girl.

You are a hermaphrodite? You are going to hell or you are getting surgery. You are lucky you have a choice between genders.

Though I guess I am ok with gays as long as I don't get involved with any of them in any way. They are just the world's way of saying "FUCK YOU, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!'

Die in a car fire.

Also, despite your claims of being an atheist you mention hell regardless. Make up your mind before I strangle you with a phone cord.

While I think a separation of church and state is needed(mostly to to avoid stupid people and their stupid comments. That goes for both sides.) I think a separation of gay and state is needed.

Depends on what you define as seperation of sexual preference and state.

Anything that means gay marriage etc. is legal is fine by me. Eight cheers for disestablishmentarianism.

If you mean openly LGBT guys can't take advantage of the public school system, I'm going to kill you imaginatively using just an accordion and three tea cozies.

in that case all schools should cancel the drama department.

You can die in the same car fire swd's involved in.

Edited by Furetchen

If we can't bring in religion in school we shouldn't be able to bring in gays either.

What in the hell are you talking about? You can "bring up" religion in schools. What you can't do is enforce religion. That is to say public schools can't force children to believe in anything, pray, etc.

Do you have any idea how discriminatory you are sounding?

All I'm saying is if people can't talk religion in school we shouldn't be able to talk about gays either. Not sure how that's discriminatory. Maybe I just didn't word myself very well.

Edited by Guy Starwind

What in the hell are you talking about? You can "bring up" religion in schools. What you can't do is enforce religion. That is to say public schools can't force children to believe in anything, pray, etc.

You sure couldn't in my school. However, if you say you could I'll believe you and leave it at that.

You sure couldn't in my school. However, if you say you could I'll believe you and leave it at that.

A lot of schools have people running them that don't actually know how these things work. The law (in the U.S., anyway) doesn't actually prevent you from talking about it. You can even group together and pray in the morning or whatever. Never heard of "See you at the pole"? Like any other group (including Christians), some atheist teachers/administrators get so offended by people acting in a way so different to their own beliefs that they decide to try to stop it. They think they must have that right, or something, no idea. Others simply don't understand the law and are afraid their school will get sued or something for allowing it. All you really need is a way to inform them of the way the law actually works. Generally you'll need some official looking printout rather than just mouth off at them "but it's our right" or something stupid like that.

Even teachers can talk about it and students who are allowed to write a speech. It's just when you step across the boundary of "talking about it" to outright "proselytizing" that the courts start doing something. Trouble being some places draw that line in weird places.

And on a side-note, this doesn't seem very fftf. Spam more.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

If we can't bring in religion in school we shouldn't be able to bring in gays either.

How are those two subjects even related?

And on a side-note, this doesn't seem very fftf. Spam more.

Yes, sir.

HAI GUIZ DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!11!1!11!ONE!