Shin Megami Tensei Mafia Day 5

Bluedoom

I have no idea what to think except that my aim is terrible. I voted for Scum Goon yesterphase, and I'm pretty confident that scum Ganged up to powervote out Sam (while, Town probably didn't vote for Sam because pro logic).

I'd like claims from everybody on who voted for who yesterphase.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel better about Deathbound now, actually. It makes much more sense for scum to kidnap a townie when they would expect today to be 4/3 so that town can't coordinate their votes very well, rather than doing it to shield a scumbuddy (and it doesn't actually stop us from lynching him - I asked) so I feel that I just let my paranoia get the better of me at this point.

Fwiw I'd sheep this and push out Kelpie

Hang on a minute;

Knuckles wasn't shot lost night, he was Modkilled. That means I'm just left to assume that our Town Jack fired his shot at one of Wife/Dickman. Ohhhh, how this kills any fabulous thoughts I originally had.

Hey snoopy any thoughts as to why Lucifer died last night? MassClaim would be pretty nice right about now, and Kenji is the other scum for not claiming immediately.

Modkill Mafia 3 is seriously happening here

first off, pretty sure if DB can vote, he would have voted by now, therefore,

@Mods, requesting Votals

okay, first off, @SG, why is it that you are townreading me, I mean, all my reads have been terrible this game and it could have easily been because I wanted to mislynch townies?

Is it because I said I got my 4th favorite role and that I would probably be a PR for it? (my 4th favorite role is vanilla, just so we are clear)

I can think of another reason as to why Kelpie wasn't modkilled, but I will wait till everyone else claims.

Also, should we character claim?

looking back at the votals mentioned by SG,I decided to look for the votes going around in the game. Fangirl's vote on Death had come in very early in the day and the rest were added in. I think scumteam wasn't expecting a lynch on Death and I think scum team would have switched out of the Death lynch too if Fangirl wasn't suddenly subbed. Basically, I am saying that I do not think scum team would have voted for Death while they still had the chance to avoid the lynch and use the mass-hook like SG had mentioned earlier and would have tried to get someonelse lynched instead, which makes me think SG and DB are much more likely town.

@NL, good point about Fangirl dying and all this time I was reading Fangirl as modkilled with Knuckles as killed. Actually, this makes me feel even better about SG (I am assuming SG was shot and you protected him to explain the no kill). I can think of a theory as to why Fangirl may have died, but I would rather wait to see if anyone claims to have killed Fangirl first. Basically waiting for the rest of the players to claim

okay, my reads have been absolutely terrible this game and it seems I was wrong about both my town and scum reads, other than wife.

like SG already said everyone should claim and claim their vote the previous phase

I am vanilla and my vote was on Samael

NL should also out his targets the previous phases

btw, one thing does bug me and that is, NL claimed he was roleblocking Fangirl and considering how nice her ability is, I would assume she would take the scum kill, but the scumkill didn't fail on N1. Anyone has any theories on it?

@Mods, can DB vote?

if so, DB should place his vote on the person he voted the previous phase and mods should show us a votals after he does. Everyone else should not vote so that we can avoid potential early hammer.

you must have great reading skills NL

tumblr_mgcus5T8yx1s2gn79o1_400.gif

Seriously, I can read. Wut, u wanna fyt a'bow dit

I dunno I'm kinda townreading Scum Goon with the exception if incredible role-shenanigans, but I want to know who killed Lucifer's #1 Sexy Fangirl last night, and logically speaking, it's between Minerva X and Kelpie at this point.

This is what I think the votals looked like yesterday:
Kenji harima (1): Samael?
Samael (5): Kenji+Everyone Else
Scum Goon (1): No Lynch
Kelpie (1): Scum Goon
Voteless and Modkilled (1): Knuckles
Samael is on Kenji because I don't see him self-voting. Everyone else is there by process of elimination.

Night 1 may have been a ninja kill or something. I have some theories on last night but I'd rather wait for everyone to claim before I out them, to prevent the mafia from getting any ideas.

@No Lynch, Deathbound could also be responsible for last night's death. I agree that the mafia ganged up on Samael to force his lynch, although from my perspective, it's kind of obvious. I remember that Deathbound was still pressing Samael right up to phase end so he's less of a concern than the others, as I'm not sure if their votes are in line with their posts at the end of Day 2.

@Kenji, I'm townreading you because your posts aren't scummy to me, and after figuring out who you are I'm fairly sure your role crumb is real. I didn't know what role you were at first, but I didn't expect a mafia member to try and lock in a safeclaim at that point in the game.

I ended up getting mod confirmation that Kelpie was around to vote yesterday, and that's why they weren't modkilled.

Wow, this game though. o.O

I'm an alignment cop, and my vote was on Samael D3.

N0: I scanned Deathbound (came back with "aligned with the Light").

N1: I scanned The Wife (came back with "aligned with the Light")

N2: I scanned/targeted Fangirl, but ended up getting results on Deathbound (again). So assuming redirect or something hit me.

N3: I scanned Fangirl AGAIN but then got absolutely nothing. So assuming at this point some sort of safeguard on Fangirl happened or RB hit me.

So yeah- this is why I kinda glazed over Deathbound/The Wife once my reads both came back as "aligned with the Light", and why I highly questioned Scum Goon's tactics/claims against me, as well as Samael's notions of 'paranoid cop'. There was little/no reason to reveal N0/N1 results, and it seems my attempts at trying to figure out stuff around Fangirl really hasn't brought much forth for town. Sorry. ;/

I'm almost certain that Kelpie is a liar. You literally cased Deathbound Day 1, chose to scan The Wife over a multitude of other scumreads you had and then there's a redirect and some kind of failure that appeared out of nowhere.

That's not even counting that Cop, Tracker, Voyeur and Revealer is far too much information for a 15 player game.

*So given that Wife flipped town the other day, unless Deathbound is a Godfather or something, he should be cleared.

Random side notes:

I ended up getting mod confirmation that Kelpie was around to vote yesterday, and that's why they weren't modkilled.

Uh, yeah, I had my vote down (though I put it down earlier as a hold vote/message to the mod, as I wasn't here the other day). So my vote went through (as stated above) on Samael. Secondly, I'm not quite sure why I would've been modkilled, though I'm curious as to why you were inquiring as to my own participation specifically?

I'm almost certain that Kelpie is a liar. You literally cased Deathbound Day 1, chose to scan The Wife over a multitude of other scumreads you had and then there's a redirect and some kind of failure that appeared out of nowhere.

That's not even counting that Cop, Tracker, Voyeur and Revealer is far too much information for a 15 player game.

For one, I'm not a liar, nor am I fond of outing the fact that I'm a cop, thank you. Yeah, I'm not the most useful cop, but spare me the antics of "should've done X or Y better" please and thanks.

1. I didn't know if I was paranoid, or my results were affected by something like a FRAMER or GODFATHER. As the rules themselves dictate:

12) Investigation results might not be accurate.

And side note: But if you know the player behind the anon at this point, you should know that I've had little success in my time as being a cop. So it's called trying to be more careful this time around, thanks.

2. I chose to case him based on what was there. If I chose to openly ignore him and/or just give him a freebie pass, it'd heavily crumb/imply that I had some outside knowledge to believe as such. I'm not going to drop cop crumbs D1, and so I chose to mellow cases that were out in the OPEN vs who I deemed worthy night targets and keep the scumteam guessing.

3. Wife scan came after Deathbound, because he/she was one of the most prominent 'town reads', and I wanted to check to ensure that the person was legit town and not just scum doing a really damn good job of fitting in (You know, like FANGIRL?). So that was me clearing people off of my priority/ensuring that people I figured were clear were actually cleared.

[Cut by another post.]

Because you've been almost as inactive as Knuckles who got modkilled himself, so I couldn't figure out why he was modkilled and you weren't.

For one, I was actually around for a good chunk of D1/D2? While all Knuckles did was jump on my wagon during ED2, and proceeded to say/do absolutely nothing the rest of the day phase? (He also didn't bring any meaningful posts, thoughts, etc. since that point, nor did he apparently notify the mods if anything IRL or whatnot was happening.) Secondly, I was never once mentioned as a plausible "may be modkilled" under any reason/timing, so the fact that you still inquired about me (some weird vibe is making me wonder if you half-wanted me to get modkilled or something with as frequently as you've been bringing up my activity levels, tbh) beyond what most people/players generally would still feels extremely off with me.

Well at this point, I'm thoroughly convinced

This is what I think the votals looked like yesterday:
Kenji harima (1): Samael?
Samael (5): Kenji+Everyone Else
Scum Goon (1): No Lynch
Kelpie (1): Scum Goon
Voteless and Modkilled (1): Knuckles

The only three people that voted that day that we can't account for are Sam, Lucifer and Knuckles. Since Knucks was Modkilled, I too assumed that he didn't vote; until I reread;

Votals at Phase End:

Kenji harima: 1 vote

Samael: 5 votes(HAMMER!)

Scum Goon: 1 vote

Kelpie: 1 vote

That's 8 votes, and there were 9 people alive at the time. Knuckles could not have voted. I voted for ScumGoon, and assuming Samael didn't vote for himself (and voted for Kenji, then SG voted for Kelpie.

as far as I'm concerned, SG is cleared based on the Kelpie vote. No one else could've voted for Kelpie because Knucks didn't actually vote, and Luci was scum and wouldn't have voted for Kelpie with a team to coordinate with. Deathbound /COULD/ have though, but I dunno.

SG made a good point though; at this point in the game, it's probably not a wise idea to guard a Scumbuddy, and would be better to push a lynch out and silence a townie. One thing though

@No Lynch, Deathbound could also be responsible for last night's death.

The Kidnapping HOOKED Deathbound.

Per Lucifer's flip

You start off with a one shot KIDNAP USER: USER will fail with their action and all other action on the USER will fail. USER will not be allowed to post in-thread the next day phase.

It's kind of like a Jailing. Deathbound was Jailed+Kidnapped, so unless they're Stronkiller, Deathbound couldn't have pulled last night's kill.

Minerva X had to have performed the kill last night on Lucifer, given the current situation, meaning that mafia either same-targetted, or one of Deathbound/SG were prevented from killing last night.

I've got reservations about Kelpie.

It's Potential MYLO right now, meaning that if it's 4:2, a ML yada yada

If it's 3:2:1, it'd be a different story, as it'd be potential LYLO instead (I think). No signs of an SK exist, and unless they're pulling an Elie!CYORMafia where they just spent most of the game doing nothing...The killer is probably town Vig or something.

Kelpie's Cop claim brings up a few questions....hmmm