Shin Megami Tensei Mafia Day 5

Bluedoom

I exist...... okay, maybe I don't

but there is something I have to say before I end up vanishing again

Raido's post #226 really bugs me now, in the post Raido says he doesn't want to lynch Red Eye, but doesn't drop the vote on Red Eye. He says he will make another post, but he doesn't. I am not in any position to critcize his inactivity, but I must say, his post sounds like it is not supporting the Red Eye lynch by words, yet supporting it by vote and scum would have most reason to do that since Death flipped scum

##Vote: Raido

fyi, I haven't finished reading the thread yet and my net isn't working properly at the moment

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replies to Samael:

-Can you explain your townread on stickmanramp? I also don't get your reads on RAIDO and Scum Goon.

About Stickmanramp, I just don't think scum would vote an ally so late in the phase. I probably should've worded that better.

Concerning RAIDO, in his first post he voted Red Eye, and later made a post stating that he was "less sold with a Red Eye lynch", but he did not remove his vote, and then he promptly vanished afterwards. In the process of me typing this, Kenji explained it rather well.

WRT Scum goon, his vote on post 146 detailed most of our primary concerns about Death. I don't really see scum making a case like that against a teammate, especially since at the time Death was already drawing attention towards his behavior. He continued to address further concerns against Death throughout the phase.

Votals

Kelpie(1): Scum Goon

Twitter_Famous(1): Lucifer's No.1 Fangirl

Samael(1): stickmanramp

No Lynch(1): Samael

RAIDO(1): Kenji Harima

Voteless: The Wife, Deathbound, Twitter_Famous, No Lynch, Kelpie, Minerva X, RAIDO, Knuckles On Steroids

You have 1 day, 15 hours, 10 minutes till phase end.

Replies to the fangirl:

-OK sooooo, I'm not really seeing your issues with Twitter's interactions with Red Eye. Like, the only thing I'm seeing on an initial skim is that his tone is kind of off maybe (didn't catch him appeasing to Red Eye at all). Also I feel better about him because of his RAIDO vote; if he was scum, I'd imagine he'd try to make a more active effort to actually prevent his scumbuddy from being lynched instead of just voting some other wagon.

-I'm with you on stickmanramp posting more detailed content, but what's your read on him? Same goes for Samael, really.

-Because Knuckles got stickmanramp lynched over Death.. (no...wait...the other way around). Day 1 bussing never works, so I'm not inclined to believe that's the case here.

1: There are plenty of lazy players.

2: I currently am scum reading both of them.

3: I've seen plenty of situations where a day 1 bus has worked effectively. I honestly wouldn't rule out something like that.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Kelpie

Blah, doctor's office + birthday bash kept me from posting yesterday. Woop.

Secondly:

I wasn't going to say this at first in fear of lowering activity levels, but I have a guilty on Kelpie and you all should follow it.

I'll come back with a more detailed post soon.

Mind explaining this? Don't really feel like claiming unnecessarily, and would prefer to know what exactly you mean by this.

I hate to disappoint you all, but in reality I have no investigative abilities. I had just hoped that the guilty would spur the game into action again, and potentially gain some reactions from other players. Ideally I would've liked a few more hours of discussion before being forced to retract, but as she has been placed at L-1, I believe that my hand has been forced.

Samael's reaction is very interesting. While I'm aware that investigation results are not always accurate, that's hardly how I would expect a townie to react to a supposed guilty claim. In my opinion, it looks like a mafia member attempting to distance themselves from a mislynch, which makes me question my Kelpie read slightly. Her reaction doesn't seem particularly bad either, so I'm going to ##Unvote and actually go through with rereading. I was planning on doing it earlier, but then I ended up talking to the host instead...

##Unvote:

Let's get off of that. Now with my already distrust of Samael + his reaction to the guilty claim we 'had' Scum goon brings up a good point.

##Vote: Samael

Did you originally distrust the inspection claim? If so, then why?

1: There are plenty of lazy players.

2: I currently am scum reading both of them.

3: I've seen plenty of situations where a day 1 bus has worked effectively. I honestly wouldn't rule out something like that.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Kelpie

1. There's a difference between being lazy and actively making cases with no effort to save his scumbuddy whatsoever.

2. Understandable.

3. Fair enough.

shit sorry guys I was just busy and then a lot of stuff happened yesterday and I was focusing on other stuff

Kelpie has 6? votes which is L-1 so someone should unvote so there isn't an accidental hammer.

##Vote: No Lynch for now

His reasoning for townreading Death is incredibly flimsy- "respectable content" that he never really looks in-depth at despite people pushing like all of it, and him making a random statement about rereading the game and making content which is ??? It's not like Death was producing content or anything at the time, so lurking more really wouldn't have been viable as No Lynch claims. And despite talking about he might switch from Stickman to Death, not only does he never actually switch there, he defends Death from the claim that the PR didn't match up with his roleclaim, even though Death had explicitly said that Manix gave him the PR (and, therefore, that it was part of his role).

Looking at the rest of No Lynch's content, it's similarly flimsy. He has more instances in his first post of saying "this is a good post and I think you're town" than instances of him actually looking for scum himself. And like... in general he's basing his reads off everyone from like one thing they did and ignoring everything else which is suspicious because it's easy for scum to fake. Like... Wife is scum for... telling the mafia that the town is called the Light? Scum are generally given the town wincon anyways, and if they aren't, then how can he be scum for knowing it? It actually doesn't make any sense at all. Not sure he ever even said why he thought Scum Goon was scum other than that he liked Knuckles' placement of his vote.

cut by Scum Goon; I agree that Samael's reaction is shady as fuck. Why would you vote someone while pointing out that it may not be true?

Samael's reaction is very interesting. While I'm aware that investigation results are not always accurate, that's hardly how I would expect a townie to react to a supposed guilty claim. In my opinion, it looks like a mafia member attempting to distance themselves from a mislynch, which makes me question my Kelpie read slightly. Her reaction doesn't seem particularly bad either, so I'm going to ##Unvote and actually go through with rereading. I was planning on doing it earlier, but then I ended up talking to the host instead...

I'm less bothered by Samael pointing out that investigation results might not be accurate (I was thinking the same thing myself but then was like "I could point this out orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I could just shut my brain off") because I could see that coming from town. Really what I think is scummy is how she pointed that out and proceeded to vote Kelpie anyways.

Also I'd totally sheep Deathbound's No Lynch case (heh). Not voting until I get back and can read through things and in the end decide who I want to sheep harder (because that's probably what I'm going to do).

Well, assuming Scum Goon had a town scan on someone on Night 0, it was practically guaranteed that one of the two people he scanned were legitimately scum, even if his scan results are the opposite of what they are. If you see it that way, lynching Kelpie would've been a 50/50% at nailing another scum and I personally like those odds. If it actually turned out that Kelpie was town, the player Scum Goon had a town read on would be confirmed mafia.

I pointed out that the investigation results might not be accurate because if everyone got ahead of themselves and hammer'ed early, we would've wasted the rest of the phase.

I would like an explanation for why you expect an Insane Cop over the mafia having access to a framer ability (or even me being a liar) because it seems like a strange conclusion to come to. I also agree with other's accusations about your behavior yesterday in relation to the lynch being odd, as you never provided a conclusion on your Death read. Whilst I don't have any outright issues with your content today, your reads feel rather brief and I would like to see you examine your suspicions in more depth.

I am skeptical of Kelpie's disappearance after questioning my guilty, which I have come to realize isn't as telling as they only asked what kind of result I had on them, which could be linked to them trying to formulate a fakeclaim which would explain my report. Just because the incriminating evidence has vanished doesn't mean that you're in the clear; I want to see what your reads are today, and preferably soon.

I dislike Raido even more after checking his posts again. He states his discomfort with with continuing to vote Red Eye but does nothing to improve his vote, and he never addresses Death. In addition, the attack on The Wife is questionable. He states that she has been lining up lynches without explaining how she has been, and then pressuring her because of her comment about a theoretical vigilante is weak. It reminds me of what Cam did to SB in Tyne-Wear when the latter assumed that there would be some form of a roleblocker present on the mafia's side - and in both cases it is a completely irrelevant inquiry that does nothing but pad out a post.

I would put more time into explaining my read on No Lynch, but all I would be doing is echoing the thoughts of Deathbound, and I'm struggling to stay motivated as it is.

I feel at though my priority is currently Samael > Kelpie > No Lynch > Raido but I am sick of looking at this thread and would prefer to just finish this post and wait until later today to finish gathering my thoughts. My apologies.

I would like an explanation for why you expect an Insane Cop over the mafia having access to a framer ability (or even me being a liar) because it seems like a strange conclusion to come to. I also agree with other's accusations about your behavior yesterday in relation to the lynch being odd, as you never provided a conclusion on your Death read. Whilst I don't have any outright issues with your content today, your reads feel rather brief and I would like to see you examine your suspicions in more depth.

I am skeptical of Kelpie's disappearance after questioning my guilty, which I have come to realize isn't as telling as they only asked what kind of result I had on them, which could be linked to them trying to formulate a fakeclaim which would explain my report. Just because the incriminating evidence has vanished doesn't mean that you're in the clear; I want to see what your reads are today, and preferably soon.

I dislike Raido even more after checking his posts again. He states his discomfort with with continuing to vote Red Eye but does nothing to improve his vote, and he never addresses Death. In addition, the attack on The Wife is questionable. He states that she has been lining up lynches without explaining how she has been, and then pressuring her because of her comment about a theoretical vigilante is weak. It reminds me of what Cam did to SB in Tyne-Wear when the latter assumed that there would be some form of a roleblocker present on the mafia's side - and in both cases it is a completely irrelevant inquiry that does nothing but pad out a post.

I would put more time into explaining my read on No Lynch, but all I would be doing is echoing the thoughts of Deathbound, and I'm struggling to stay motivated as it is.

I feel at though my priority is currently Samael > Kelpie > No Lynch > Raido but I am sick of looking at this thread and would prefer to just finish this post and wait until later today to finish gathering my thoughts. My apologies.

Sorry, I had errands to run, along with running a car I'm not used to driving. Manual vs. Automatic OP. ;/ (And I only just got home, having left as soon as I'd posted in-thread earlier).

Will be pulling up another post (reads/re-reads on people since late D1/ED2) in a short bit; I have some foods I need to make beforehand.