Making a weapon class locked - Answered

Colonel M

So we were talking about this today, and I thought I'd ask because I was curious. For example, take the Longbow. It's locked onto Snipers in FEDS. Now, in regards to FE8 and using Nightmare, is it possible to code the weapon so that it is only locked to Snipers in general, like the Shamshir is locked to Myrmidions / Swordmasters / Lyn / Assassins?

EDIT: Think of it like PRF weapons.

Edited by Colonel M

Alright, you know how neither of the Lords can use bows? And how Snipers can't use swords/lances? Make the existing PRF weapons E rank WITH the weapon lock still intact, make longbows have E bow rank, then assign Longbows the "Eirika/Ephraim" weapon lock, and give the Snipers whatever weapon lock you assigned to the Longbow.

Alternatively, you can use the MyrShamshir lock too. :/

Why did you edit the Shamshir?

If no class that has the weapon lock ability can use both weapon types, then you can continue using the Shamshir lock for BOTH the Shamshir AND the longbow.

Shamshir > Shamshir Lock

Longbow > Shamshir Lock

Myrm/SM > Shamshir EQ Ability

Sniper > Shamshir EQ Ability

Result > Only Snipers can use Longbows, and only Myrm/SM can use Shamshir.

Okay I have a new question. I'm trying to make this replicate like FE8. So I have all the unpromoted units have their Weapon ranks at A. However, if I modify the promoted units to A, it also affects my PCs. Is there a way so it only affects the enemies and not my allies?

EDIT: Also my edited Ross still joins as a Level X unit (it was 1, then I made him 10 NPC); however, he does not carry the base stats that I gave him. The same with Garcia. Anyone know how to fix this one too? :/

Edited by Colonel M