Suggestion numero uno

A suggestion:

First off, let me say I should not have been allowed to post half the shit I have and gotten away with it. No, three-quarters. I generally follow the "I don't know where the line is until I cross it" rule, and if this forum has proven one thing to me, it's that there is no fucking line. Using the report button to hide the forums rules last night? I should have gotten warned for that (And if you go all ex-post-facto on me NOW it'll only confirm all the allegations I made in my other suggestion thread, which I also should have gotten warned for).

The great thing is, this is easy to fix. Get some mods with some fucking balls. Or tell the old mods to be more vigilant. Doesn't matter. If there's a single propensity in this universe, it's that things naturally turn to shit without upkeep. And with no mods in sight, this place is doing exactly the same.

And no, this does not mean "HURF DURF I guess I'll ban the rabble-rousers and call it a job well done," because you'll still have a fucking problem (not to mention lose some of your top posting members), and it would only be a temporary alleviation to an ongoing problem. The problem, plain, and simple as day, is this: Maintaining a community requires diligent andongoing work, and the actions of the administration of this website have consistently demonstrated that those in charge do not realize this fact. It's not magic, and it isn't something that can't happen here "because of the memberbase". Those are just cowardly excuses to shirk y'alls own responsibility. It's as simple as fucking doing your chores, not letting shit pile up, and spending time and work on the website. If you leave it to turn to shit, it WILL turn to shit.

In summary, more staff, more strict but consistent enforcement of the rules. That is all.

tl;dr

Go post your walls of text rants somewhere, where people actually care.

Warn.

tl;dr

Go post your walls of text rants somewhere, where people actually care.

Warn.

I care about his opinion. I would be willing to bet several others do as well.

I think you're going a bit overboard now.

I agree. Jyo, stop going crazy. He was only suggesting an idea.

The reason Jyo won't listen to this is because any Moderator with balls also has the balls to oppose him.

Warn me. I don't care.

Wow. Everyone needs to chill out. Making topics like this isn't really going to help, and neither is taunting Jyosua.

Especially when you're talking with hostility to begin with.

Wow. Everyone needs to chill out. Making topics like this isn't really going to help, and neither is taunting Jyosua.

You don't understand Lyle. He is essentially specifically targeting Black Knight here. As you can see, I agreed with him entirely, but didn't get warned. BK is also getting Warned for a bunch of other things that are really overreactions.

I'm speaking with hostility because this really is bizarre.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

You don't have to be "that guy" and this doesn't have to be "that forum." Few of the people brewing this are out/out idiots, which is obvious enough, but my kingdom for some self-consciousness.

I better not be reading this the way I think I am.

It was a game of cat and mouse. He wanted to get warned, and I let him get warned.

Suddenly. Ass-kissing. EVERYWHERE.

Jyo is my freaking hero right now. He did well just now, IMO.

It was a game of cat and mouse. He wanted to get warned, and I let him get warned.

You fucking baited him. You baited him here, baited him elsewhere, and came off as a petulant child.

I'm still reading everything else that's been coming up (since whenever stuff happens, everyone comes RUNNING to 'Bus, as if I still can fix the fandom), and I'll have full comments when I'm ready.

But I'll tell you right now: you don't have the balls to take me on the way you did Black Knight, Blacken and the others.

You fucking baited him. You baited him here, baited him elsewhere, and came off as a petulant child.

I'm still reading everything else that's been coming up (since whenever stuff happens, everyone comes RUNNING to 'Bus, as if I still can fix the fandom), and I'll have full comments when I'm ready.

But I'll tell you right now: you don't have the balls to take me on the way you did Black Knight, Blacken and the others.

That's arrogance if I ever saw it...

I have a lot more respect for you, because you have only ONCE stepped out of line, and that was to raise your voice about something that absolutely needed to be said. There would be no reason to handle you like the others. I am fully prepared for any walls of text you have ready to give me a verbal beating for the way I acted, how I handled the situation, and the current state of the forum. But I'll say this much, There is a 99% chance that the bannings I made will not change.

That's arrogance if I ever saw it...

That's stupidity if I ever saw it.

Edited by Angelix

I have a lot more respect for you, because you have only ONCE stepped out of line, and that was to raise your voice about something that absolutely needed to be said. There would be no reason to handle you like the others. I am fully prepared for any walls of text you have ready to give me a verbal beating for the way I acted, how I handled the situation, and the current state of the forum. But I'll say this much, There is a 99% chance that the bannings I made will not change.

waffle_assn.jpg