Perhaps we've given these search engines too many priveleges.

Hero

what? i'm going to take it that was 3 minutes in photoshop and not real.

What would have inspired me to post this if it wasn't real?

why do google and yahoo show in the members online box?

Good question.

what? i'm going to take it that was 3 minutes in photoshop and not real.

What would have inspired me to post this if it wasn't real?

Four words Far From The Forest, if it was at all serious you would have posted it in general

why do google and yahoo show in the members online box?

Good question.

we need to get Vincent on to this.

Four words Far From The Forest, if it was at all serious you would have posted it in general

This topic is too spammy for that forum, though. It's just an image to hopefully chuckle about and forget.

Edited by Hero

This topic is too spammy for that forum, though. It's just an image to hopefully chuckle about and forget.

hmmm, thats true I guess but as it stands general is really not very general at all it sits on that fine line between spamy and serious and nobody really knows what to put in there the "what are you wearing topic" that was there a bit ago probably should have been in FFTF I thought.

and yes I did laugh at the pic but I still know it's fake.

It's real. The search engine bots can view pages (such as the post a new reply page) but they can't actually type any words to post something.

They show up in the online users list because they do in like every forum ever.

It's real. The search engine bots can view pages (such as the post a new reply page) but they can't actually type any words to post something.

wow really I knew that they can view the topic pages (ive seen Google in my empire once) but not the post reply page.

My hypothesis is that when a search engine bot tries to view the page to post a reply, it gets a message about not having permission to post, like you or I would for a locked topic. But the list of users by last click still counts it as posting, because it tried to access the posting page.