FE 5 0% growth run

Icon of Sin

Long story short, after DD151 finished his FE 6 run I decided to give it a try. Only character growths have been modified, but scroll bonuses are still in play considering that would be modifying items rather than characters. Videos should be provided as well as data for characters, rare items and turn counts.

Select and make your first pick.

Characters:

Leaf : 01/22/05/01/03/06/06/04/05/06 C Swords

Fin : 08/31/13/03/12/14/08/10/11/09 C Swords, A Lances

Eyvel : 13/28/09/04/18/20/10/07/08/08 A Swords

Othin : 04/28/11/02/12/12/03/09/12/06 D Swords, B Axes

Halvan : 05/30/13/01/11/13/02/11/12/06 D Swords, B Axes

Marty : 02/32/09/00/00/00/06/06/15/06 D Axes

Dagda : 19/43/17/02/14/13/02/12/17/08 A Axes, B Bows

Tania : 02/20/03/01/06/10/06/02/04/06 E Bows

Ronan : 02/20/04/00/03/07/03/02/07/07 E Bows

Rivis : 10/20/03/00/04/10/01/02/06/07 C Swords

Saphy : 16/16/00/10/11/10/10/00/03/05 A Staves

Fergus : 05/27/11/03/13/13/06/09/09/09 A Swords

Karin : 04/18/04/07/04/14/12/04/04/08 D Swords, D Lances

Dalsin : 07/31/12/01/09/04/00/17/16/08 E Swords, E Lances, A Axes, E Bows

Asvel : 20/33/01/16/14/20/05/04/05/07 C Staves, A Fire, A Thunder, C Wind, C Light

Brighton : 14/30/06/01/08/08/02/06/11/08 D Swords, C Axes

Machuya : 08/24/04/01/10/12/06/04/06/06 C Swords

Lara : 12/15/00/00/01/05/06/00/03/06 E Swords

Nanna : 20/19/06/08/07/10/11/07/04/08 C Swords, C Staves

Hicks : 08/30/07/00/06/05/06/08/15/08 E Swords, C Axes

Shiva : 05/29/13/01/13/19/05/08/09/07 A Swords

Carrion : 03/24/05/01/05/08/06/05/06/08 E Swords, D Lances

Selphina : 12/25/06/03/08/11/07/07/05/08 B Bows

Kein : 02/26/07/00/04/07/03/06/10/08 E Swords, D Lances

Alva : 02/24/05/00/05/09/04/05/09/08 D Swords, E Lances

Roberto : 03/23/05/00/04/08/06/04/07/08 E Bows

Fred : 03/33/10/04/11/10/04/09/11/09 A Swords, C Lances

Olwen : 03/24/05/10/08/10/04/05/05/08 C Swords, D Fire, B Thunder, D Wind

Mareeta : 13/23/08/02/12/16/08/05/05/06 C Swords

Salem : 16/23/00/20/14/16/08/09/06/06 A Staves, D Fire, D Thunder, D Wind, C Dark

Parn : 14/32/07/04/11/14/11/09/13/07 B Swords

Tina : 09/14/00/06/02/08/19/01/03/05 A Staves

Glade : 05/34/12/02/12/11/04/10/12/09 E Swords, A Lances

Dean : 11/38/13/02/13/12/05/16/13/09 A Swords, A Lances

Eda : 05/22/07/03/06/09/12/09/05/08 D Swords, B Lances

Homeros : 12/24/01/20/15/20/14/07/06/07 D Staves, D Fire, D Thunder, D Wind, B Light

Linoan : 01/16/00/13/09/14/08/04/04/07 B Staves, D Fire, D Thunder, D Wind, A Light

Ralph : 03/38/12/01/12/14/06/09/14/06 A Swords, C Axes

Eyrios : 20/41/12/16/13/16/20/11/07/10 A Swords, D Fire, A Thunder, A Wind

Sleuf : 06/18/00/11/12/04/09/01/04/05 A Staves

Sara : 12/14/00/20/18/20/20/06/04/07 A Staves, D Fire, D Thunder, D Wind, C Light

Misha : 04/28/08/13/11/16/06/06/06/09 A Swords, A Lances

Xavier : 09/38/14/03/09/09/03/18/16/07 C Swords, E Lances, A Axes, A Bows

Amalda : 14/35/08/19/11/16/11/09/08/10 A Swords, B Staves

Delmud : 12/39/12/07/15/15/09/14/11/10 A Swords

Knight Crests:

Chapter 6 : Obtained, gave to Asvel

Chapter 7 : Obtained, gave to Dalsin

Chapter 8 : Both obtained, gave to Othin and Halvan

Chapter 9 : Obtained, gave to Fin

Chapter 10 : Obtained, gave to Fergus

Chapter 12x : Both obtained, gave to Shiva and Salem

Chapter 13 : Obtained, gave to Homeros

Chapter 16 : Obtained, gave to Sara

Chapter 19 : Obtained

Chapter 20 : Obtained

Chapter 21x : Obtained

Chapter 22 : Didn't buy any

Stat boosters:

Chapter 1 Life Ring : Obtained, gave to Asvel

Chapter 2 Speed Ring : Obtained, gave to Dagda

Chapter 3 Shield Ring : Obtained, gave to Dalsin

Chapter 4x Life Ring : Obtained, gave to Parn

Chapter 5 Skill Ring : Obtained, gave to Parn

Chapter 5 Magic Ring : Obtained, gave to Asvel

Chapter 8 Luck Ring : Obtained, gave to Fin

Chapter 8x Leg Ring : Obtained, gave to Dalsin

Chapter 12 Magic Ring : Obtained, gave to Eyrios

Chapter 12x Shield Ring : Obtained, gave to Parn

Chapter 15 Skill Ring : Obtained, gave to Dagda

Chapter 17 Magic Ring : Obtained, gave to Amalda

Chapter 18 Luck Ring : Obtained, gave to Eyrios

Chapter 18 Body Ring : Obtained, gave to Parn

Chapter 19 Speed Ring : Obtained, gave to Xavier

Skills:

Elite : Obtained, gave to Salem

Wrath : Obtained, gave to Dalsin

Ambush : Obtained, gave to Asvel

Duel : Obtained, gave to Eyrios

Shooting Star : Obtained

Awareness : Obtained, gave to Eyrios

Continue : Obtained, gave to Halvan

Edited by Dio

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing this at some point, sitting in Ch11 or so and got bored. Dagda is obviously awesome for this. Asvel and any other Sage as well because of their great promotion bonuses. Fin and Dean for their acceptable bases and double hitting brave goodness.

I was doing this at some point, sitting in Ch11 or so and got bored. Dagda is obviously awesome for this. Asvel and any other Sage as well because of their great promotion bonuses. Fin and Dean for their acceptable bases and double hitting brave goodness.

That's what I thought. Promoting Dalsin early and giving him the Elite Sword gives him 20 Def, which is definitely awesome for a while.

The fun times are ahead when status staves are going to be more present, especially with your own staves missing a lot trying to cure a berserked ally.

Edited by BsTrD

Yeah, you'll want a lot of Holy Water. The Dalshien gimmick is great, definitely something I never thought of, though I think most of the places where have a use for an immobile piece of defense also have Hammer enemies.

If you're going to keep turn counts low you're going to have to be very careful with money management...there's a lot of things I'd consider buying.

Yeah, you'll want a lot of Holy Water. The Dalshien gimmick is great, definitely something I never thought of, though I think most of the places where have a use for an immobile piece of defense also have Hammer enemies.

If you're going to keep turn counts low you're going to have to be very careful with money management...there's a lot of things I'd consider buying.

That and M Up staves as well.

True for the hammers, though thankfully Forts give 10 defense and some avoid on top of that, which means I should take 6 + enemy strength damage if they hit me. Rapiers however are pretty much tinking him now.

I thought as such. Some chapters have arenas that are easily accessible before the end of a chapter. While it would also require a healer in most cases (Shiva might be lucky enough there), it's still a decent way to make money. I already captured a bunch of archers and soldiers and I doubt I'll keep all their weaponry so I might as well sell extra stuff I won't need.

Anyway chapter 1 done. The main objective was to capture a good number of enemies (hence why I gave Dagda a bow so he could get targetted easier), especially those guys with the vulneraries. A good amount of the stuff I stole is going to be sold shortly.

Edited by Speedwagon

Chapter 2 videos are up. Much like chapter 1 I tried capturing as much enemies as possible to get their Vulneraries, though all the axes and bows are nice as well. Dagda has been given the Speed Ring for an easier Duel activation and more doubling.

Also I'm thinking about updating twice a week, typically on week ends. Blame my upload/download limit.

Edited by BsTrD

Thankfully there's a couple of Short Swords in C3, I am transfering some swords for the Manster part (and hopefully not enough equipment to have a Rapier in a chest, which is useful against all the armors/cavs they throw at you) and on top of that the Hero Sword says hello as early as 4X. Fergus, Mach and Brighton should be fine for Manster.

Chapter 3 uploaded with minor technical difficulties.

Saved all children and got all chests, stalled a bit at the end to choose which items to bring with me for Manster and I didn't record that part since that's boring. Doing pretty well so far, hopefully those scrolls are going to give me some lucky stat ups.

Inb4 Srs rages with Dain scroll movement boost.

Chapter 4 done. Tried doing this quicker than usual, which involvled me not blocking the entrances and getting the chests much faster. All civilians were saved and no units were left behind.

This chapter is actually interesting with Dagda, Othin, Halvan, Fin and Eyvel out of the picture.

Edited by Dio

Part 1: Stupid NPCs capturing enemies early on -__-

Part 2: Bad timing on the reinforcement soldiers and risky positioning with Lifis.

Part 3: These NPCs are such masochists. Also you should consider using the Iron Sword with Brighton sometimes to avoid any bad luck with Steel Sword's accuracy like in 2:38 where Steel Sword use over Iron Sword was redundant. Gotta love Fergus x Karin support.

Part 4: Liked the last turn there. Again, risky moves.

Part 5: Equipping Leaf with LightBrand before getting Dalsin would've helped. Lara as capture bait, good call. At 5:20, I would've had Machua use that Rapier to kill the Bow Armor. Wasted Vulnerary on Brighton. You forgot the Thunder tome that Dalsin's captive had or I forgot that he'll have it in his inventory next chapter.

Part 1: Stupid NPCs capturing enemies early on -__-

Part 2: Bad timing on the reinforcement soldiers and risky positioning with Lifis.

Part 3: These NPCs are such masochists. Also you should consider using the Iron Sword with Brighton sometimes to avoid any bad luck with Steel Sword's accuracy like in 2:38 where Steel Sword use over Iron Sword was redundant. Gotta love Fergus x Karin support.

Part 4: Liked the last turn there. Again, risky moves.

Part 5: Equipping Leaf with LightBrand before getting Dalsin would've helped. Lara as capture bait, good call. At 5:20, I would've had Machua use that Rapier to kill the Bow Armor. Wasted Vulnerary on Brighton. You forgot the Thunder tome that Dalsin's captive had or I forgot that he'll have it in his inventory next chapter.

It's either that or Rivis was going to be their raping toy.

Kinda have to take all sorts of risks if I want to complete it faster.

I should, but sometimes I don't really notice that small detail. And hell yes I love that support.

Fergus is indeed win.

I suppose. The Vulnerary was mostly to empty an item slot just in case it comes in handy later. And fuck, but thankfully there's a few mages in the following chapters!

Anyway I uploaded chapter 4x now. Rough start, smooth middle part and the ending is annoying if you want to capture that Bishop (20 Atk hitting on Magic brings everyone to single digit HP), but otherwise made it without too much problems. Also a stat level up, though not necessairly the one I wanted.

That's quite a bit of close calls you had there.

I noticed. I try to make the best use of supports by having both people at 3 spaces or less from each other.

I do think part of why some people find FE5 so tough is that they don't notice supports. +10% hit/avo/crit/crit avo is a very welcome addition, and some units can even stack it.

I do think part of why some people find FE5 so tough is that they don't notice supports. +10% hit/avo/crit/crit avo is a very welcome addition, and some units can even stack it.

Yeah but even with supports this game can get quite tough. I know it and I abuse supports to the best of my ability. Like I'm trying to use Marty this playthrough and sometimes I deploy Dagda in the later chapters JUST for his support bonus even if his utility is already somewhat worn out and becomes semi-useless.

Edited by Joey

Yeah but even with supports this game can get quite tough. I know it and I abuse supports to the best of my ability. Like I'm trying to use Marty this playthrough and sometimes I deploy Dagda in the later chapters JUST for his support bonus even if his utility is already somewhat worn out and becomes semi-useless.

What I normally do with Marty is to give him the Hero Axe ASAP. While it is Halvan who recieves it, I feel he has little use for it since he's already offensively gifted from the start. Since Marty is designed to be a capture machine, it seems obvious to me he should use the Hero Axe to get two attacks like Fin does. That Speed Ring you get early on is a welcome addition, though I feel Dagda makes a better use out of it since he has less level ups with scrolls.

When he's recruited next, Odo and Sety scrolls are around, with Fala just behind, and he makes a perfect user of Wrath due to how bulky he is. Then it's just how much you're willing to give him stats when he's unpromoted thanks to scrolls and you can promote him for hax bonuses in Str/Skl/Spd/Def.

What I normally do with Marty is to give him the Hero Axe ASAP. While it is Halvan who recieves it, I feel he has little use for it since he's already offensively gifted from the start. Since Marty is designed to be a capture machine, it seems obvious to me he should use the Hero Axe to get two attacks like Fin does. That Speed Ring you get early on is a welcome addition, though I feel Dagda makes a better use out of it since he has less level ups with scrolls.

When he's recruited next, Odo and Sety scrolls are around, with Fala just behind, and he makes a perfect user of Wrath due to how bulky he is. Then it's just how much you're willing to give him stats when he's unpromoted thanks to scrolls and you can promote him for hax bonuses in Str/Skl/Spd/Def.

Yeah but keep in Halvan has Ambush which in my opinion, makes him the best user for the axe due to the fact that he will KO a lot of things before they even get the chance to hit him, which can come in handy in emergency situations. Although I will agree that Marty can make good use for it, especially earlygame due to the fact that he's one of the three characters(Fin and Dagda being the other two, although Halvan can capture a few if he can pull of some build level ups) capable of capturing those brigands for chapters 2-3.

And also, there are other units that could use Wrath more than him seeing as Marty will still have very shaky hit-rates for a while.

Yeah but keep in Halvan has Ambush which in my opinion, makes him the best user for the axe due to the fact that he will KO a lot of things before they even get the chance to hit him, which can come in handy in emergency situations. Although I will agree that Marty can make good use for it, especially earlygame due to the fact that he's one of the three characters(Fin and Dagda being the other two, although Halvan can capture a few if he can pull of some build level ups) capable of capturing those brigands for chapters 2-3.

And also, there are other units that could use Wrath more than him seeing as Marty will still have very shaky hit-rates for a while.

Usually early on I don't see many of these emergency situations considering he has 28 HP/5 Def on top of a natural avoid of 16 (+10 from Eyvel if she's close). He's durable enough to get hit a few times (not as much against 2/2x axemen, but I believe their accuracy is even lower) and just use a Vulnerary if he's about to go down. Marty however could use an added attack to help you capture, plus that axe is also more accurate and powerful than his other options.

I've seen a lot of people recommend Wrath on units with a lot of different uses. Sirius, for instance, uses it on Karin since she fails that much at killing people. What I use Wrath for is to use it on a bulky unit, let them hold a chokepoint and have people die on him. While I do agree his accuracy is far from flawless, it is possible to have Nanna or Dagda near him. Brighton works in a similar way and he's praised in ratings, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to do this with him. Who do you give your Wrath Manual BTW?

Edited by Dio

Usually early on I don't see many of these emergency situations considering he has 28 HP/5 Def on top of a natural avoid of 16 (+10 from Eyvel if she's close). He's durable enough to get hit a few times (not as much against 2/2x axemen, but I believe their accuracy is even lower) and just use a Vulnerary if he's about to go down. Marty however could use an added attack to help you capture, plus that axe is also more accurate and powerful than his other options.

I've seen a lot of people recommend Wrath on units with a lot of different uses. Sirius, for instance, uses it on Karin since she fails that much at killing people. What I use Wrath for is to use it on a bulky unit, let them hold a chokepoint and have people die on him. While I do agree his accuracy is far from flawless, it is possible to have Nanna or Dagda near him. Brighton works in a similar way and he's praised in ratings, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to do this with him. Who do you give your Wrath Manual BTW?

Actually, 2x can get pretty rough halfway through the chapter although it's not really too bad as I still consider it pretty easy.

And as for Wrath, I use it on Fergus. I know there's that sword only him and Delmud can use that gives Ambush and Wrath but that comes pretty late in the game. But yeah, a mounted unit that has pretty decent strength and uses swords as a main weapon is a pretty good candidate for Wrath due to the fact that they are accurate and he will still 1HKO most things with a steel/long sword crit.

Wrath seems redundant on Fergus since his PCC and Karin already makes his crit rate ridiculous. IIRC, Base Fergus + Karin support means 85% crit chance on his Pursuit attack.

Wrath's better off on people who have issues killing stuff like Karin early on or Dalsin due to his SPD.

Edited by Speedwagon

Actually, 2x can get pretty rough halfway through the chapter although it's not really too bad as I still consider it pretty easy.

And as for Wrath, I use it on Fergus. I know there's that sword only him and Delmud can use that gives Ambush and Wrath but that comes pretty late in the game. But yeah, a mounted unit that has pretty decent strength and uses swords as a main weapon is a pretty good candidate for Wrath due to the fact that they are accurate and he will still 1HKO most things with a steel/long sword crit.

I tend to have Dagda in front to take most hits. Othin and Halvan follow a bit behind, though.

I'm honestly surprised of that choice, seeing as Fergus has no trouble killing whatsoever thanks to a PCC of 5 and a very good support. It doesn't help that his long range options are pretty scarce just in case, while Marty has Hand Axes, as innacurate as they are.