Round 18 SF Splicing Competition Voting

AstraLunaSol

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Splice is the best?

Amelia's :/ best and cleanest one that still retains the "spliced" appearance. '

While I assume Waq spliced I can't even tell which part comes from where anymore, incredible skill, but not something I'm looking for in a splice comp.

Honorable mention to Astelaine (I just don't like Robin hood, and the head piece looks a bit messy) and Strawman for splicing.... whatever he spliced.

Yeah, lots of nice stuff this time!

I was torn over who to vote for. Each one has something pulling for it. Seph's isn't the best on a technical level, but I love what he did with the pieces. Chalis' splice, while simple, has beautiful colors. While I don't like the coloring on Nickt's, the character/composition is nice. Clover's concept is a little odd (what is the story behind this blindfolded, smoking woman? XD) but the cigarette and smoke are neat. Amelia's is one of the best, but it had too much Guinevere for my tastes, and changing the trim color to gray darkened the image too much. Beautiful character, though, and I love her flower hairpiece. Good god, the patience you must have had to make Hellene's ruffles into petals.

In the end, I went with Waq. It's got the holy combo of creative design and piece use, pretty colors, character personality, and technical proficiency. That said, there are still some problems (Astra mentioned the forehead thing, the choker doesn't curve with the neck, and the darkest shade of hair might be a little too dark, but that's probably the color limit) but I thought it was the best. Thanks for showing us your flower trick too, Waq.

Derp... I feel like an asshole for not giving this crit before the voting. I'll definitely offer it sooner next time, so people's entries can benefit.

:facepalm:

You know, I really don't appreciate that facepalm :/

There are a LOT of good pieces in the Idoun sprite, and it makes for a better splice, if you're willing to throw in some creativity.

I see no reason to facepalm :<

EDIT: Yay, Citrus~

We shall dominate the set together!

Edited by seph1212

It was a facepalm of shock.

And don't worry I think I am fine on the whole creative thing. its more of the "oh god the shading on that dragon does not match up well with the shading on the people, oh god I'm already terrible at shading" that's running through my head.

I did not mean to offend with a facepalm.

It was a facepalm of shock.

And don't worry I think I am fine on the whole creative thing. its more of the "oh god the shading on that dragon does not match up well with the shading on the people, oh god I'm already terrible at shading" that's running through my head.

I did not mean to offend with a facepalm.

Oh, okay.

Sorry for assuming.