Tileset Collection

Feaw

In need of FE tilesets? Get them here.

Download zip file here:

http://www.mediafire...vbmb2s5xhxb1h48 [~25 MBs]

I'm pretty sure all the GBA tilesets are in it. Well, at least the ones used in maps.

They're all in mappy-compatible format, so no annoying grids and stuff.

One thing to note is that the left-most column is on the right instead. This has to do with BwdYeti's mappy tool, but it doesn't matter, when imported in mappy, they'll get corrected automatically.

If you, however, want to change them yourself, just put the right-most column on the left and 16 pixels (1 tile) down, so that the top-left tile is black (or transparent).

Another note is that not all FE 6 tilesets are included. But at least their FE 7 versions are present, so it shouldn't matter too much (especially since tilesets can be imported into different games now).

If you downloaded my old zip file (with the grids and all that shit), you can just delete the whole of it and have this replace it, this is 100 times better, if not more.

And... not only that.

I've been busy with this project for about a ?month? now. I redid basically all tilesets, and added tons of stuff to them. Literally.

I'm not sure whether they will be usable in ROM hacks (color restrictions), but outside of ROMs they should work perfectly fine.

I also included my own custom tilesets and so far I've made 2 of them (they're both recolors), but as I'll make more (lots more, for my game), I'll post them and you are free to use them, unless I say you can't.

There's also a tileset used in FE7x/FE: Immortal Sword (BwdYeti's and Myke's FE game, made in RMXP). It's used in Trial Map 2, and you're free to use it as well, since it's basically a mash up of the village tileset and the cyan castle (FE 7 chapter 7x).

I also included a "manual" picture of the forest tiles. This picture shows how the forest tiles in the regular overworld tilesets are set up, and how you can use them.

Oh yeah, I also included Yeti's mappy tool in the zip, so you can convert pictures of maps into mappy files, and remove tileset grids if needed. The manual is found on lots of FE forums (Fire Emblem New Dawn, Fire Emblem Planet, FE7x's home forum: Immortal Sword, and I think more, but I don't visit many forums).

Hmm... I think I got everything down now. Well, actually, no. Please post this on other forums you go to. I mean, if everybody gets their hands on the tilesets, more mappers will be born, and it'll all be easier. So please post this on any forum that has lots of FE fans (so it doesn't have to be a FE specific forum).

Oh, and if you have your own custom tilesets, post them here if you'd like.

Oh, and please pin this, I think it's pretty important.

FHJKJKHJKHJKIOJ.

Okay, now I got your attention, please download this zip containing three dll files you'll need to use the FE mappy tilesets (this is common sense, and you can easily get them elsewhere, but not everyone is smarter than a monkey, so I'll post 'em here;

http://www.mediafire...i7y6153kwqawffr

Put these dll files (when unzipped, of course), in the same folder as mappy.exe (or however it's called, the one you click to run mappy).

Happy mapmaking =)

~

Edited by Feawr The Kitty

I'm not sure whether they will be usable in ROM hacks (color restrictions),

If a tile uses no more than 16 colors and the entire tileset uses no more than 16x5=80 colors, with the exception of the 2-part field tileset (who knows how that works...), you should be fine. Point being that custom tiles themselves are feasible, I just haven't written a tutorial for it yet.......

@ Anou: Sure thing =).

@ Blaze: Yeah, knew that. Dunno, though, havent checked the 16 color on each tile, obviously. And most of the tilesets have more than 80 colors, hence why I said that.

Edited by Feaw

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone recently been documenting tilemaps for the GBA games? I did a little for the first two Fire Emblems some years ago, and I know there's some info on the Super Famicom ones, but I don't recall much statement on the GBA ones. 'Cause, the tilesets in these ones are really horrible with all that huge space--is all if it really usable? There's a crap load of room for have pretty much anything and everything in your maps--hell, even getting into prerendered maps with a little manipulation.

If these aren't tilesets ripped from the game, but just made up, why is this thread pinned in the ROMhacking/coding and not the more creative area of the forums?

A tilemap is the index of data which decides which tile ID has which properties. If these tilesets were from the actual game, then they have an absurd amount of empty space for the no real reason. And since they have so much empty space right out of the box, it's likely the tilemap is also full of "empty" areas corresponding to each tile. If one knows where the tilemap is stored and how it works, custom tilesets for the actual game can be done pretty easily, since one can redefine and reorder map tiles however they wish.

I'm guessing these tilsets are at least based on dumps of the games' tilesets, because their arrangement is somewhat familiar from what I remember seeing in the game.

These are just modified from the ripped tilesets.

I just added new tiles and stuff (of course, anyone can do that, but I took the time to do it for most tilesets and sharing them).

And yeah, it kinda fits in both forums, but I thought it was best put in here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Besides the new tilesets, can the ones in the FE6, 7, and 8 folders be used in a hack insertable map?

Cause I keep getting an error.

LIBPNG12.DLL and ZLIB.DLL missing for PNG

BMP file is not compressed

BMP file is not the correct colour dept

That error shows up becuase you don't have those .dll files int he same folder as mappy.exe.

Either download a new one, or find the .dlls in the package in which mappy came and put them in said folder.

The BMP erros, I'm not sure about, I never got those. So if you have the .dlls, it should probably be alright.

And, yes, the FE 6, 7 and 8 folders are the ones that are ripped and unedited, and so will be usable for hacks without any problems.

Edited by Feaw

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure my Mappy package was the first to use PNG tilesets and the PNG DLL's required to read PNG files. This one comes with FE6, 7 and 8 tilesets, so if you want any of the extra stuff Feaw's package has, you'll need to get it, too.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/341300/Graphics/Mappy%20GBA%20FE.7z

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another member in the mapping thread requested I dump all the tilesets for the games, so here's FE4's. I included a custom palette for the snow chapter, whose water doesn't look like ass.

FE1 and FE2 are already ripped, I just need to find them. FE3 is gonna take the longest to do by hand D:

Edited by Celice

That's why it's included as an optional, and not a replacement :)

I've removed the attachments. Here are all the tilesets from the first five games, all ripped directly from the games themselves (it helps to know how to go about these things, you know!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?qf6x8c1y4gxo7st

and here's a gag from FE10 :P

ghi7V.gif

terricon.tpl

qS8JK.gif

eventicon.tpl

Edited by Celice

• 3 months later...