Integrity Plays Thracia!

Integrity

Okay.

This is a Bad Idea, on account of I'm pretty bad at FE5, but the masses (all five of you) wanted it and I decided fuck it, I have no other plans.

And so I began Let's Play: Thracia 776.

Yes, people have done it. Yes, people like Luka are currently doing it and there's the much more respectable and funnier Super Thracia LP by ALS and Cam sitting a little way down this page, but I'm bored and like talking into a headset mic while playing video games dammit.

Plus, this might finally motivate me to finish Thracia for the first time. Okay, it will, because I'm stubborn as all get-out - the only game to break me was Icewind Dale and fuck that noise.

Chapter 1 be uploading tonight, per my normal schedule. Commentate liberally. Yell loudly. Scold with vigor.

Gentlemen.

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot neither on my first one. :D:

In any case, wtf Integrity are you trying to oneup me. I wa sthe only one doing this and so it made me look cooler but nooo :(:

I don't think this is a very good idea. It'd be extremely frustrating to constantly have to restart chapters because of crappy RNG, which happens more often than not on this game. But if you're prepared to lose a couple of limbs, go for it.

Edited by Horakthi

Having more Skill, Speed, and carrying a scroll tend to solve RNG problems in FE5, incidentally enough.

Not really. It's as if the RNG is biased against you. And the caps are only 20.. they cap when you're unpromoted for some units.

I suggest training Asvel's Fire rank enough to use Meteor. I also suggest restarting some chapters for some goodies, like 17A for the Warp staff (I used Olwen's Bolting and Dean's Dragon Lance crit to catch the Dark Bishop boss with Warp) and 21x for a Sleuf remove to Silence all 3 Warp using bishops at the same time. A remove in 24x would help as well if you Rewarp Sety into the center room to kill the Berserk wielding Dark Bishop. It might be a bit too annoying though.

Edited by Horakthi

"Fin is a sexy bitch".

"Jor" is individual animation. When you change it to "Jor", this new option pops up when you select a unit:

20ic4lk.jpg

That's where you go to set it to Real or Map animation for each character.

Edited by Sirius

Oh gods, is this the same translation patch that put memes in the middle of some of the most serious parts of the game?

Is this the same translation patch that makes me want to hit things with machetes?

...Actually, to be honest, machete-based wrath is pretty much my default state.

Not really. It's as if the RNG is biased against you. And the caps are only 20.. they cap when you're unpromoted for some units.
Not really? Skill is actually an important stat in this game for the purpose of getting 80-90+ hit rates on enemies. Speed is speed, and Luck actually does something. If you want the RNG to not screw you, then boost your stats and use accurate weapons.

This is partially directed to anyone that would benefit from this knowledge. It's why I like using Machua despite her being in the gutter tier-wise and having garbage Str, because she's such a stable unit.

Also, caps are aren't a very big deal in most FE games unless enemies have obscenely high stats.