Red Fox's index of draft strategies for Radiant Dawn

Florete

1-3: 7 turns + recruited Aran using only Micaiah and Sothe.

Ch1-37turns.jpg

White = Micaiah, Black = Sothe, Yellow = Ally Target, Blue = Laura

Setup: This is not, in fact, RNG proof. Micaiah needs 8 Mag for turn 4 player phase (+1), 10 Mag for turn 5 player phase (+3), and combined 20 HP/Def on Normal mode for turn 5 enemy phase (+3 total) or a dodge. This is with Sothe's support already factored in. It also requires 3 uses of Thani.

Turn 1: Sothe kills the Myrmidon, Micaiah sets the Target. The Armor Knight that moves must attack Kurth from the left for turn 2 to work, but sometimes he attacks from the south. If he doesn't move to the left, try moving around your other units a bit until he does it right (it could be totally random but I don't know myself).

EDIT: Micaiah does, in fact, need to be in this exact spot. If she isn't, Aimee will take this spot instead of where she is supposed to block.

Turn 2: Sothe first kills the Fighter, then Micaiah kills the Armor. Make sure none of your units are in range of the Steel Axe Fighter.

Turn 3: Laura recruits Aran, Micaiah and Sothe get in position. This is pretty specific placing; they won't trigger the enemies to move and are just close enough to pull off turn 4.

Turn 4: Micaiah kills the Armor, Sothe kills the Archer. Also important, the stationary Javelin Soldier at the left may move on turn 6, so start getting everyone out of his range.

Turn 5: Sothe first kills the Javelin Soldier, Micaiah kills the boss.

Turn 6: Micaiah moves closer, Sothe attacks the Armor. You may want to either use the Bronze Dagger here or proc a crit (Kard should give you 12 crit), as this Armor may take the Longbow Archer's Vulnerary instead of suiciding on Sothe. Moving Sothe first so as to not get the support bonus from Micaiah helps, as well.

Turn 7: Sothe kills the Archer, Micaiah Escapes.

1-4: 7 turns using only Micaiah and Sothe.

RDCh1-4.jpg

White = Micaiah, Green = Sothe

Notes:

Turn 1: In Normal mode, Sothe may be able to use Kard here to save Beastkiller uses. Micaiah can also get a kill (enemy positioning on that map is wrong as we can see

).

Turn 2: None. Micaiah may be able to stand next to Sothe, but if you want to try this (no reason to unless you want to increase his crit) make sure to check enemy range first. And be sure Beastkiller is equipped.

Turn 3: None.

Turn 4: If you want Micaiah to get the Agony kill, she may need to be in support range for Sothe to bring him low enough, but either way she can sit tight here for the rest of the map. Note that if you're planning on her getting the kill, Sothe cannot be using the Beastkiller.

Turn 5: Micaiah can try for the Beastfoe scroll if Sothe missed it, but be careful of the reinforcements that come later, because they can reach her there. As such, she won't be able to safely get the 3,000 Gold, so don't try. This is also a good time for Sothe to heal himself even if he hasn't lost much health, because he needs to take a lot of attacks over the next couple turns without Micaiah support.

Turn 6: Make sure Micaiah is safely out of range. Heal Sothe.

Turn 7: Grab the Seraph Robe.

1-9: 4 turns.

Ch1-94turns.jpg

White = Micaiah, Black = Black Knight

IMPORTANT: Micaiah needs to be powerful for this strategy to work. I can't give minimum stats, but you'll likely want at least 26 combined HP/Def (more is always better [although not really because if she's too good the enemies might not hit her into Resolve range]) and at least 14 Spd, which is 21 after Resolve, something she'll need unless you have her Spd capped (and even then it's still helpful). This strategy assumes that, after she gets hit into Resolve range on the first enemy phase, she survives any incoming enemies and kills them in return.

Notes:

Turn 1 - Just move. On the enemy phase Micaiah must be hit into Resolve range by the Fighter that comes unless she can naturally double him and the other enemies in this map. Unfortunately she's in a thicket so the chance to hit her may not be high, but if Micaiah is strong enough to pull this off that should be the least of your worries.

Turn 2 - BK goes first because he clears Micaiah's path. It's very important that he attacks from range. If he doesn't, the Archer that comes won't be able to suicide on him and will block his path to revealing Jarod.

Turn 3 - Just moving again. Micaiah takes something like 4 or 5 enemies in this phase and isn't in a Thicket, so be sure to Battle Save if on NM.

Turn 4 - There should be an extra Archer for Micaiah to feed on if you'd like. Otherwise kill Jarod.

Credits:

SerenesForest.net for the map images.

Dondon151 for his video.

Myself for awesome image editing skillz.

Sho something for the base strategy of 1-4.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering why it doesn't work. I don't remember having Micaiah need to get attacked and survive a Tiger.

By the way, the detail with the numbers counting the turns is beautiful. Well done.

Edited by Saber

I'm just wondering why it doesn't work. I don't remember having Micaiah need to get attacked and survive a Tiger.

I'm guessing it doesn't happen all the time, but there's one Tiger that at least occasionally doesn't have the range on turn 2 to reach Sothe in the old version. My guess is that it depends on how strong Sothe is since enemies will occasionally go out of reach of tough units. This version gets him either way and gets to the end just as fast and safely.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I'm guessing it doesn't happen all the time, but there's one Tiger that at least occasionally doesn't have the range on turn 2 to reach Sothe in the old version. My guess is that it depends on how strong Sothe is since enemies will occasionally go out of reach of tough units. This version gets him either way and gets to the end just as fast and safely.

I see...

Poor sHo. :(:

Green probably wasn't the best color to use, but it's plenty readable regardless. I would like to know what causes that Tiger to be a problem or not, though.

But green represent's Sothe hair-color. 8[

But green represent's Sothe hair-color. 8[

And his belly shirt color. lololol

EDIT: ROLF? ROLF? THE FUCK? NOW I REALLY WANNA SPAM!

Edited by Fenrir

rolf looks like a total bamf in rd, to be fair

Yeah, my entire time the Tiger move itself to such a range that he was exactly enough spaces away for him to transform and maul Micaiah. I think it might've been the Beast Killer that did it, but frankly there was no way I could get the thing done in 7 or 8 turns with the strategy but i also kinda fucked up by saving over my file so yeah...

Edited by Mercenary Raven

I cant see the picture well. Would u mind making a bigger version?

Well, the bigger I make it, the more blurry the map will get, so I'm not sure if it would help. Do you have an eye condition of some sort (no offense intended, honest curiosity)? It looks perfectly visible to me. The first few green numbers do kind of contrast with the image, but that's the only issue as far as I can tell.

Its not an eye condition or anything its just that im browsing from a phone and images are displayed really small for some reason.

Oh, right, I remember that now, sorry. I'll see what I can do, but give me some time because I'm a bit busy at the moment.

Lol i figured it out right now. So no need now :D. I 7 turned it first but didnt get the robe and i left a save. Then i redid it and got the robe but not the seal. Not like i need it. Kp only gave me zihark and fiona for part 1 in soul's draft ex anyway. And there are others.

Lol i figured it out right now. So no need now :D. I 7 turned it first but didnt get the robe and i left a save. Then i redid it and got the robe but not the seal. Not like i need it. Kp only gave me zihark and fiona for part 1 in soul's draft ex anyway. And there are others.

Yeah, I tend to only go for the 1-5 Seal because there's no way it can cost me turns on that map. If I need another I try for the 1-7 Seal.

Go document that one too.

Should I do 1-3 in 7 turns with recruited Aran while I'm at it?

What about the 4-turn in this map.

Not useful enough for drafting, plus I've never done it because I never get Edward or Nolan.

Is that with just Micaiah and Sothe? (I never recruit Aran and I always take the RHS, so I dunno about these things)

It is, and unlike 1-8, I'm pretty sure it's RNG proof. It requires Thani, though.