Rate the Unit, Day 37: Nino

Thor Odinson

Rate the Unit, Day 37: Nino

Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on LHM and HHM. Also, they should be based on when the unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Make votes easily visible, please~! ##Vote:

- Every ranking phase ends approximately at 20:00 EST. Do the math for your timezone.

Scores (in ascending order)

Wallace: 1.12

Wil: 1.85

Bartre: 2.78

Rebecca: 2.84

Dart: 3.86

Karel: 4.01

Dorcas: 4.19

Rath: 4.28

Canas: 5.07

Eliwood: 5.34

Louise: 5.52

Guy: 5.71

Farina: 5.95

Erk: 6.01

Lyn: 6.07

Matthew: 6.17

Serra: 6.27

Geitz: 6.50

Legault: 6.55

Lowen: 6.71

Lucius: 6.94

Oswin: 6.98

Hawkeye: 7.21

Isadora: 7.24

Hector: 7.63

Heath: 7.67

Fiora: 7.99

Harken: 8.03

Kent: 8.17

Priscilla: 8.38

Raven: 8.39

Florina: 8.41

Pent: 8.60

Ninian/Nils: 8.80

Sain: 8.83

Marcus: 9.63

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Nino's only possible use is some cushioning in the exp rank, and while I've personally never played ranked, I've heard that even then she's pretty unnecessary. While those bases are good for a level 5 mage, and her growths are good, her bases relative to the enemies surrounding her is absolute SHIT. She can't do anything worthwhile without serious slowdowns and babying, and has poor movement. She dies to most enemies, etc.

And even if you train her up, it's too much effort for how late she comes. This is HHM. Your deployment slots are limited from something like, say, HNM, and Nino doesn't bring ANYTHING new to the team. She's outclassed by every magic user you can possibly get at that point, regardless of how good her 20/20 averages that she'll never even hit come out to be. Just worthless.

And even if you get her to promotion, she doesn't even have a good staffrank to go and Physic stuff and will never hit B staves unless you take like way too many turns on what little maps that remain.

0.1/10. That .1 is for possibly contributing something in ranked. Otherwise benched forever.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love her, but not useful for ltc. Levels up quickly if babied, and growths are nice to her.

Biased rating: 8.25/10.

Efficiency rating, 1.75/10 (helps get Jaffar, and Fell Contact, as well as nifty support conversations)

Actual rating, I guess a 3.5.

she'd get an 8 or 9 from me if this were rated for normal mode. but the hard mode means she's way too hard to train and no longer worth the trouble. yet the 1-2 range makes sure it's not impossible.

3/10

An awesome unit if you actually take the time to train her...

9.9/10

Come on, you're going to need to elaborate as to how she beats Marcus. At anything. Ever.

I give her 1/10 because A) I don't believe in zeroes and like to avoid fractions and B) she can CHANNEL HOW SHIT SHE IS to kinda do something in ranked. Great stats for a fifth level mage, arriving at a time where a fifth level mage CANNOT CONTRIBUTE AT ALL.

She's good only in Casual plays; but she ain't seeing light in efficiency mode!

Yes, she contributes a lot more than Wil or Wallace can do; and hitting RES is that reason; but unfortunately the enemies in her joining chapter will bite so...

Verdict?

Oh come on, darling. Fractions aren't bad. I use googledocs to do all my calculations, all I need is =average(cellstart:cellfinish) and I'm good.

9.9/10

Still isn't anything special even trained. There's how many chapters left? She can't even Physic or at least Hammerne Warp or help out with sleepstaffing people at endgame, and whatever combat a trained Nino can do, about 80% of the cast (trained from the beginning or prepromotes) can do just as well except they also contribute to other stuff and doesn't need sinking a shitton of babying to do so. She does not deserve that high even if she ends with capped everything.

Nevermind Marcus who should be above everyone anyway forever, you're putting her above Sain, Florina, Ninian, Kent, Harken, Pent, etc, whose contributions are actually worth a damn. That's just not right.

I loathe to have to do this, but I gotta do it. 1/10. Too little, too late, and CoD being right around the corner does her no favors since it lost the physical units in favor of a boatload of magicians.

9.9/10

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::rolleyes:

I can't agree if we're talking HHM, which we are. She's nothing special even when trained.

Edited by Metal King Slime

i agree with mrr. 9.9 really great sage only trouble is that she comes so late. so yeh 9.9/10

OK. I have dealt with your ratings for so long.

Let me tell you one of the inner workings of the Fire Emblem community.

PEMN.

Personal Experience Means Nothing.

That's right. Anything you gain from a unit means nothing. Personal Experience when doing things like rating is like Opinions in science. You cannot support something with Personal Experience.

I really dislike being like this in general, but jeez not everyone plays efficiency/LTC/anything. If they like Nino that much due to her growths then all power to them, doesn't mean you need to jump on them when they disagree >_>

takin these ratings threads so serious

I also don't know if you know but much of the arguments these days do attribute a lot to personal experience anyway so PEMN doesn't actually mean anything anymore.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

I find her unnecessary unless you have no other trained mages (Even Pent would probably be a substitute). Sure, she might beat all the other mages, but why train her when you have perfectly capable units that are already past her?

3/10 because she's good, but unnecessary and late entrance.

There's a difference between simply not playing LTC, and spending so long on that the game could probably be beaten twice in that timeframe. There still needs to be a sort of standard in judging how well a character contributes (why don't I just give all my favourite characters a 10/10 then if I wanna grind them to 20/20? 10/10 to Farina for raping the shit out of CoD for me right now go), and there is no way you can justify a 9.9 for anything that Nino ever brings to the team. There's rating her a bit higher than the norm, and even if she got a slightly above average vote that actually acknowledges all of her problems but brings to light her "good" points more, it might be justifiable. Something close to Marcus's rating? That's just ridiculous.

ok i will explain stat wise she has perfect skill and speed, her mag, luck and res are near perfect. her only stats that are lame is the con and def but even those were decent (well except con) , and besides we are all intitled to our own opioin that is the whole point of this. just so long as we give a justification

Edited by xblade

If that is their honest opinions and they honestly believe 9.9 is what Nino is worthy of because she is an "awesome unit if you take time to train her", then let it be. She does turn into a pretty awesome unit, even on HHM she can hold her own after some initial babying and if you're on casual play. Not everyone plays for ranks or efficiency, some people play casually, in which case Nino is pretty awesome. Many others will be voting below a 5 anyway so meh, who really cares about a couple of 9s? Plus PeppyHare has been voting reliably in most (all?) of these Rate the Unit things, why suddenly disregard this one just because it defies what is considered the "norm"? Don't go shooting down the casual player's honest opinions. Get over it.

And on that note,

Not the best unit for a HHM ranked run, would often avoid other than to sink some needed Exp for the sake of using higher-leveled units longer in future. Unless you know, she sunk so much Exp that she becomes usable. Inefficient, but not impossible by any means. Early promotion may help her cause with the promotion gains.

Raven's rating: 30%.

And this is based on HHM. Are you using her in HHM? You did not address any of her problems, like how long it takes for her to actually get there. Please remember that this game is based on Hector Hard Mode performance, not Eliwood Normal Mode. I can see how she could be easily trained in the easier modes due to piss lol enemies, but HHM enemies aren't nearly as much of a pushover and you shouldn't just ignore what it takes for her to actually get to that point.

Goddammit Raven you ninja. And honestly, he hasn't. Some of the justifications Peppy gave are completely bullshit. "Booooo", for one.

ok i will explain stat wise she has perfect skill and speed, her mag, luck and res are near perfect. her only stats that are lame is the con and def but even those were decent (well except con) , and besides we are all intitled to our own opioin that is the whole point of this. just so long as we give a justification

**Grabs popcorn**

Laddie, I'm gonna sit this one out.

Defend her the best you can.

And, I see dondon coming around the corner.