[FE4] Rate the Unit XV

Caliban of Sycorax

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest)

Ardan: 1.39

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sigurd: 9.96

DAY 15: DIADORA

____

Why did they not give her Narga ughhh

She's available for ~1.25 chapters, gets obliterated by everything, and has 5 move. Cool.

However, her prayertanking is pretty boss, and she can use all of the staves that are available at that time. Provided, of course, that she can, you know, reach the people she's trying to staff on. Her only fighting access comes from the extremely heavy Aura. But, unlike Aideen, she can attempt the Arena for a bit of cash. But, the question is, do you really want to bother with it because you have to sell it at the beginning of Chapter 3 anyway?

She at least doesn't cost turns to pair or recruit. But she sucks.

Thanks for fucking your brother.

0.75/10

Edited by Octavian

Who? Seriously, she doesn't even exist. Anything you do to her is a waste of time if you're not playing for ranks. Sigurd effectively hits it and quits it thanks to Manfroy cockblocking him. Anyway she's not great, Aura is awful and screws her over, and she can't even promote to use anything else (as if she'd have any time to do it).

Do you ever wonder how Celice would've taken that? I mean I know he was like an infant or something but did he ever wonder where the hell his mom went, considering almost nobody actually knew? Well, at least it explains how he wasn't immediately aware Julia was his half-sister.

Anyway she's a 0.5/10 because she can at least do a few things and staff grind up some Exp Rank if you're playing for that, but otherwise sucks worse than Ardan. Yes, Ardan doesn't really do anything either, but he at least is not doing it for the full duration of the First Generation. Diadora might as well not even fucking exist as a combat unit.

Somewhat helpful for the last leg of chapter 1, and a back-up warper in chapter 2. Prayer from her circlet gives her some utility but she's not doing much with 5 move and Aura. Still, other than bonking her brother, I don't mind her too much.

3/10

Like people said you have her for like one full chapter, the last bit in chapter 1, and the arena for chapter 3. If you want her to lv 30 better give her a staff. I really want to rank her high but just can't.

2.5/10

Edited by Guy Starwind

hahahahaha

hahaha

ahahaa

take aideen

make her suck more

and then make her disappear

and not be able to promote

the only thing she does is transfuse sigurd with DOSH once in c3

and then get kidnapped

probably while standing next to somebody

actually last time i played gen 1 the kidnapping event was displaced by noish or lex

he was actually between manfroy (does manfroy do it? idk, lol gen 1 story edit: i'll just call him malfoy from now on) and deirdre

and he did nothing about it

so yeah

1/10

Edited by Integrity

hahahahaha

hahaha

ahahaa

take aideen

make her suck more

and then make her disappear

and not be able to promote

the only thing she does is transfuse sigurd with DOSH once in c3

and then get kidnapped

probably while standing next to somebody

actually last time i played gen 1 the kidnapping event was displaced by noish or lex

he was actually between manfroy (does manfroy do it? idk, lol gen 1 story edit: i'll just call him malfoy from now on) and deirdre

and he did nothing about it

so yeah

1/10

And here I went through this thing about Aideen being bad.

I still insist that's true, but Diadora is something else entirely. You hardly get to use her and if she does something aside from silencing a jerk or two then she is being seriously babied. I know people give her levels for the sake of rank, but honestly I'd more enjoy chewing off my own fingers.

Thankfully I can judge her worth with a more reasonable set of criteria, so all she'll ever do is silence one or two people and then never do anything else.

Not very good at all and then she's not even around much. The Aura Tome she's stuck with has to be the worst tome in the game, she has 5 move and bad combat. She atleast has the Silence staff that you might want to use once or twice.

Like people said you have her for like one full chapter, the last bit in chapter 1, and the arena for chapter 3. If you want her to lv 30 better give her a staff. I really want to rank her high but just can't.

2.5/10

Too bad it's horribly inefficient to get her to L30 with staffspam. Especially since Silence costs a shitton to repair.

There's a few problems with that, however. One is getting Warp off of Aideen, which, unless you're in a Draft, isn't happening. Two is getting it to Diadora, who probably wants at least a Live/Relive staff to be somewhat useful. Three is Diadora's piss-poor movement (I'm aware Aideen also has this problem, but leveling Aideen should have priority anyway).

Sure, but if you're actually leveling Dierdre you're going to have to make some sacrifices. Taking Warp from Aideen, giving her some DOSH transfusions from Dew and sending some scrubs back repeatedly is the best way to go about it.

Ain't saying it's a good idea, but it has way fewer problems than spamming Silence.

Sure, but if you're actually leveling Dierdre you're going to have to make some sacrifices. Taking Warp from Aideen, giving her some DOSH transfusions from Dew and sending some scrubs back repeatedly is the best way to go about it.

Ain't saying it's a good idea, but it has way fewer problems than spamming Silence.

She doesn't need money from Dew, she can sell the Silence staff and is set to buy Warp. I's really only useful in ranked or draft, though.

1/10 for reasons already stated.

why

so

bad

The best way to go about it, to be sure. Aideen can get Warp back easily enough, and doesn't even lose that much $ if she sells it close to broken, which it may or may not be near the end of Ch1.

In actual news, Diadora... Worse availability than Corple. :(

2/10, for Silencing Sandima and fighting some Barbarians/Hunters, for maybe doing a few things in Ch2, and for giving Celice a slight boost, and for passing down extra $, because Sigurd is likely to have more than enough, so whatever bonus she has is extra on the top.

I realize this is rating her better than Ardan, but Ardan is actively painful to use, despite his larger availability.