[FE4] Rate the Unit XXIII

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest)

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Briggid: 3.71

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

DAY 23: CLAUDE

____

Claude's got the Valkyrie Staff which is nice if you killed someone off to save time.

He also has Reserve, which only he, promoted Aideen, or promoted Lachesis can use.

He's also responsible for Lana getting Rescue if you pair him with Aideen (which is pretty unlikely, he's more likely to fuck Sylvia or not get fucked at all).

He can use every staff, which is nice.

But with no skills, meh stats, and the fact that he's the last father hurts him.

He's also really only good for Fury's kids (behind Levin, Noish, and most other fathers, I may add) or Sylvia's kids (more likely here, as most people go Levin!Arthur / Levin!Sety over Levin!Corple, and Alec isn't THAT useful as a father, because Corple gets nothing).

Also, no horse. He needs one to keep up. His Reserve is best on Promoted Lachesis anyway.

He's an endgame healer which is always a plus but he's nothing special when I have Fury, Lachesis, Aideen, and Levin doing the same job.

5.5/10

5/10

The Valkiere staff is by far my least favorite of the holy weapons. I never use it unless trying to do the Balmuk to Lakche trick. He doesn't really make for the best father skill wise (his only pairing I like is Sylvia). Stats are pretty meh too...

Levins stats are fantastic with claude have any if you even actual tried that paring . What exactly is levin going do with 10% magic growth ? I don't care how many skills he has how good could he possible be . The raw stats Claude actually give sety and the sweet staff utility actually eclipse noishs skills . Deccent magic good res alright defense , good speed the only really bad stat is skill but most magic really isn't inaccurate..

He is, no joke, my absolute favorite husband for Fury. Reserve-spammin' Sety who ain't got no problems wielding "mere" Lightning, and B Staves Fee breaking all the rules, flyin' around with Silence and Warp and Physic and generally being the perfect complement to Rescue-spamming Leaf dragging Celice's ass around the map at 88 mph so hard he goes back in time and becomes his own daddy.

Buuuuuut the problem is if you want to give him to anybody else, you're pretty much trippin', because he's got no skills of any kind. Giving him to Sylvia's a cruel joke, and I don't mean that in the incest sense.

Indeed, on his own merits he's pretty weak. He can fight, in the sense that he "can" fight, but he's no good at it. He can use staves, too, but the only thing you really want him to use is the Reserve he's already got. It's a good way to get him plenty of exp, so he's easy on that front, and it is a huge restore to everybody around, but since he's got no horse "everybody around" often doesn't include guys like Sigurd whom you want to keep healed. If Lachesis promotes she's better for it, otherwise nobody else really has much reason to bother.

I guess 4/10 for being a good healer who can Reserve himself up some levels and the fallback king for Fury when you're pairing Levin with Tiltyu, but otherwise there's nothing exciting about Claude.

I think he's better than Brigid, but it about ends there. The guy simply can't keep up. I'm surprisingly fond of his arena performance with Wind though. 4/10

Claude is meh, and Rescue!Lana (as I've now seen) isn't really that incredible.

I'm going to give him a 4/10 because he IS a competent enough staffbot, he just has ass for availability and redundancy but I never count that.

Claude is... superfluous. I said it.

Still, he is more than competant at what he does, which is (aside from saving Tilytu and Briggid's bacon in ch3) usually Reserving for +1HPs from other people's level ups.

He makes a great father for Fee, for what it's worth, but shackling Fury to his shit move is all kinds of bad taste in your mouth.

4/10.

The epitome of all healbots. Whilst he's not fighting, he is pretty good at healing and the like. It's a shame a certain someone came 2 chapters earlier. Still, he produces some cool kids, mostly Sety, Corple and Lana.

5/10

Claude is nice, but he's pretty much overshadowed by everything else, because he comes late and is just another staffbot (the Valkyrie Staff is awesome but impractical). By the time he arrives, you'll have Ethlin (she'll leave soon, however), Aideen and Lachesis. Chances are Aideen is going to promote on the next Chapter, and she'll be able to do pretty much everything Claude could do (except use the Valkyrie Staff), and Lachesis will become a staffbot that fights in a horse soon too.

In the end, he's just another healer who's able to send the Valkyrie staff to his son. And to be honest, it's only useful if you pick Sylvia. Lana will be awesome regardless of who's her father (Lester will become worse if Claude is his father, though), Sety and Fee are much better when Fury is paired with Levin or Noish (and Fee might become weaker if Claude is her father).

And then, the Valkyrie Staff, the major thing that makes him a valuable character, is almost useless.

4/10

In the end, he's just another healer who's able to send the Valkyrie staff to his son. And to be honest, it's only useful if you pick Sylvia. Lana will be awesome regardless of who's her father (Lester will become worse if Claude is his father, though), Sety and Fee are much better when Fury is paired with Levin or Noish (and Fee might become weaker if Claude is her father).

In fairness though, if you want to use the Valkyrie it doesn't matter the least bit whether it's on Corple or Sety. * Staff means you can use it. The problem is he can't pass it down to any other son (or Patty), because only Corple and Sety actually make use of staves. That this happens to coincide with the two least bad pairings Claude has (Sylvia and Fury) is at least something, I guess.