[FE4] Rate the Unit XXIX

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Celice: 9.54

DAY 29: RADNEY

___

Radney is Lakche's substitute... and it shows. She's pretty bad, in my mind. Although she's the only female Forrest in the game, that doesn't help her case at all. Unlike her twincest brother, she doesn't have an extra skill. She has two more speed at base, but with Pursuit she doubles most enemies anyway. Too bad she can't ORKO.

Her only real contribution is recruiting one of the J-Axers, and helping with earlygame enemies.

Otherwise, she's more useless than her brother. And that says a lot. Unlike other subs that join in the same timeframe, like Mana, Femina, or Amid, she contributes nothing of value.

Did I mention she's not on a horse?

2/10

Edited by Octavian

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lakche lite. And by lite I mean VERY VERY lite.

She's better than her brother simply because her stats are not bad, other than her HP. She has pursuit, which is nice because she doesn't need the pursuit ring unlike mostof the other characters. She has A base sword, so she can use Blades and Silvers at base. She also promotes to Forrest, which is a weaker version of SM with no continue. I will flex my bias powers and give her a 4.

4/10

Ambush is, like, so blah on Roddlebad. I've successfully used it once, for Johalva's brigade.

Otherwise, Radney is a Roddlebad who is generally statistically superior, if still mostly worthless. I'd give her more than Roddlebad for that but, unlike Roddlebad, I hate Radney.

2/10

She's better than her brother simply because her stats are not bad, other than her HP. She has pursuit, which is nice because she doesn't need the pursuit ring unlike mostof the other characters. She has A base sword, so she can use Blades and Silvers at base. She also promotes to Forrest, which is a weaker version of SM with no continue. I will flex my bias powers and give her a 4.

4/10

Otherwise, Radney is a Roddlebad who is generally statistically superior, if still mostly worthless. I'd give her more than Roddlebad for that but, unlike Roddlebad, I hate Radney.

Bwahaha. I'm the same way.

4/10

She wouldn't need the Pursuit Ring anyway because she's a Swordfighter and they get that innate.

Anyway, Radney is significantly worse than any Lakche and while I'm not holding that against her, Lakche's bonuses are part of what elevates her above mediocrity. Take those away and you've got, well... mediocrity. She's lacking in the SPD and DEF departments, strangely enough, and while her HP is acceptable you really feel the burn compared to a child character with 90-120%+ HP growth. It's a messed-up situation where +1 HP every level is expected, but welcome to FE4's Second Generation. On her own merits, she's okay, and she'll probably see more combat since a subs run is not going to be going quite as fast on account of not being anywhere near as powerful (eventually I suppose you can still have the Celice/Leaf/Aless Horse Squad, but still).

5/10

4/10 again, and I'm glad the swordkids and fakekids are done because they are repetitive

Just a free body that manages OK in arenas and occasionally chips or kills something if you give her a good A sword no one else wants, doesn't cost turns or need thief money, doesn't ever do anything very notable after chapter 6.

I have a soft spot for Ladunai yes i know it's not even close to the kanji but let me be, so I'm going to give +2 bias points.

Otherwise she's slow on foot and relatively worthless.

2/10

2/10 wrecks shit with the Sigurd Sword.

Question is, will she get it?

Celice wants it the most. Even Leaf, Shanan, or Aless would like it over the subs. And among the subs, I'd give it to Roddlevan before Radney.

Better than Roddlevan, statistically, and IIRC has better hidden events as well. She lacks Ambush, but that is one of the most situationally useful skills to exist anyway, paying off largest if the user is toting a Hero weapon so they can capitalize on converting 2RKO to 1RKO and leaving a Hero weapon on a footsoldier is a questionable tactical decision. I'll say the drawbacks/advantages between the two cancel out and she gets the same score as her twin.

4/10

3/10

Really low durability due to low hp. Also, no horse means that she is bound to get stuck behind. Plus I don't really care for her ability to use axes on promotions since Fe4 axes are so broken (in a bad way).

Edited by Bee

Question is, will she get it?

Celice wants it the most. Even Leaf, Shanan, or Aless would like it over the subs. And among the subs, I'd give it to Roddlevan before Radney.

if you're playing even on semi-turbo, Celice wants a 50-kill magic sword (preferably the Light Sword but I've managed the THunder Sword as well) and/or the Hero Sword. Since this is an all-subs run, there's no Lakche or Delmud to want the Silver more.

Leaf is a valid point, but he can have whichever of the aforementioned swords that Celice doesn't have (give him Light if CElice likes Silver or vice versa) and he should be fine. Shanan and Aless have their respective holy weapons and have no possible want for the Silver (Shanan rapes the endgame well enough at base thank you and the Mistorteen has Critical so you can't even argue that Aless needs the extra crit power).

I really should do an all-subs run sometimes. The only subs I even have any clue on performance is Laylea/Sharlow so I'm unqualified to talk about Radney. I kinda like her characterwise since she shares most lines with mai goddess (except being more misandrist about it), but I wish FE4 actually gave them more distinct personalities instead of just making them nearly the same as the units they replace, except with a different background. :/

Edited by Luminescent Blade

11 of 23 votes were 7 or above. Certainly the average score is offset by the small subset of users who probably rated her fairly, and the even smaller subset of users who voted her low probably just to offset the high scores a little. And some of the users who voted in both topics rated Radney a full 6 points lower than Lakche.

So for them it is apparently like the difference between Fin and Tiltyu. Frankly, I don't get it.

Edited by dondon151

Lakche has inheritance. That automatically makes her better than Radney. Lex!Swordtwins are the best foot units in Gen 2, probably tied with Levin!Sety. The swordtwins are hard to fuck up in terms of inheritance. Even giving them Claude or Levin makes them great for the Magic Swords.

Not to mention she is popular among a lot of people, and people using their bias powers is noteworthy for Lakche's high score.

Lakche has inheritance. That automatically makes her better than Radney. Lex!Swordtwins are the best foot units in Gen 2, probably tied with Levin!Sety. The swordtwins are hard to fuck up in terms of inheritance. Even giving them Claude or Levin makes them great for the Magic Swords.

That's great. But aren't we rating the subs under the assumption that there aren't any real kids to compete with them? I mean, no shit Lakche is automatically better than Radney. That doesn't really make for an interesting comparison.

That's true. But no one ever really said Lakche was gr9mazing because she wasn't Radney. And no one's ever gave Radney bad ratings because she's not Lakche. If we did that, all of the subs would be exponentially worse than kids barring Laylea.