[FE4] Rate the Unit XXX

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Celice: 9.54

DAY 30: LANA

___

So dirty

Lana's the first staffer you get and can inherit a shitton from mom. It gives her a good opportunity to do better than Live early on. With B staves at base she can use everything not named Reserve and Rescue. Odds are Aideen will give her something good, like Libro, which she'd enjoy using to heal Celice from farther away.

Lana also can start with Rescue if her father is Claude, which means getting Rescue!Leaf before Chapter 10. Yay? Yay.

Judging from her main fathers Claude, Midir, or Jama, Lana can either have Pursuit and Charge, Charge and Continue, or nothing. Screwing poor Lana is a lot easier than the swordtwins. Nonetheless, she's a staffbot and doesn't need the skills. Thankfully.

So early staffbot, better inheritance than Sety, Nanna, or Corple. No horse, which two of those staffers get later.

Nonetheless she's invaluable in earlygame. Moreso than the swordtwins and her brother. Not Oifaye or Delmud though

Someone who keeps Celice healed for a long time. Good enough for me.

8/10

Edited by Octavian

Staffbot with Warping goodness. Rescue probably costs turns.

Octavian, note that you can't pass down rescue with Azel!Lana, since Rescue is an A Rank stick

8.5/10

Edited by General Horace

She's a healer that starts with good staffs. I've always had good stats with her and she has never caused me problems. However, I don't like her hair and her hooking up with Celice.

7.5/10

I... don't think I've ever had her on a draft? I remember ghosting someone who had her but I only made it halfway through chapter 7 so 0_o

From what I saw through that 1.5 chapters of her was... underwhelming. I suppose it's nice to keep Celice's death chances under 30%, but really Yuria does her job about as well. Early Libro did help a fuckton, though, so she gets something for that; usually I'm stuck with having Celice at <50% health when he storms a castle so he can heal up at the arena (how does that work anyway does he like pawn the blood of his foes off for healing potions or something ?_?)

Judging from Horace being stupid and getting 16 turns with Rescue Lana gives her a few more points from me, I guess.

6.5/10

An early game staff bot with so many tools of her trade given to her by her also staff bot mother. 10/10 for early availbility bias.

8/10

Early game healer who can inherit a bunch of staffs (especially the warp and relief staff) from her mother. She is basically essential since every Celice I have had has a tendency to get badly hurt in chapter 6. Also, gives Yuria a staff (live or relief...mind is foggy right now) meaning that she creates two early game heal bots. Her 5 move is annoying though.

Staffbot with Warping goodness. Rescue probably costs turns.

Octavian, note that you can't pass down rescue with Azel!Lana, since Rescue is an A Rank stick

8.5/10

Sure you can, Claude!Sety can take it off of Azel!Aideen. Granted, I don't exactly know what the text said pre-edit, but Rescue!Lana isn't particularly useful in and of herself, and Leaf would need major XP steroids to promote in Chapter 8 base, so you lose nothing.

What's this, a starting healer who has almost every good staff right off the bat? She also has skills so she can actually fight? She has orange hair for some reason? Why am I asking so many questions?

8/10

5 move means almost nothing when she got Libro right at the start.

Super awesome healer with waaaarp. And she's set because Aideen has great growths. She doesn't really need anything from dad, it's all bonus.

9/10 + 1 because she's super and Aideen's daughter and I did a pseudosolorun with her once.

10/10

Sure you can, Claude!Sety can take it off of Azel!Aideen. Granted, I don't exactly know what the text said pre-edit, but Rescue!Lana isn't particularly useful in and of herself, and Leaf would need major XP steroids to promote in Chapter 8 base, so you lose nothing.

I meant Lana can't inherit it with Azel as a father, but yes, you are correct that you can pass down rescue without Claude!Aideen.

this is something that no hardcore fe4 drafter would ever ever say

and technically any corpul can inherit it if you can somehow get his father to buy it

8/10

Aideen if she started with Warp, Libra, Recover, and the status staves, which she can sell to mean you never need to give her a town or thief money. Warp does not reappear in the shop in gen 2 until chapter freaking 9 normally, the gen 1 Libra staff until chapter 10. Clearly saves turns in chapter 7, enables you to recruit Johan and/or get Resire with far fewer wasted turns if you want, lets you get Master Knight Leaf in play if you get him over promotion during Chapter 8 (i.e. he can get returned and then warped back out to the last or second last castle depending on timing). Always has 5 move and you get B-staff users with 6 move once you get Sety/Hawk and Linda or Tinny promote on top of Master Knight Leaf for the A-sticks so she's a boat anchor on the actual map from Chapter 8 on.

I have not played any of the early Rescue staff configurations to know exactly if they can make up the pairing turns.

Edited by slootwindow

Early warp and staves. That's all she does, that's all she needs to do. Corple's better at rescuing since he starts with A rank staves, but having warp early on does save a lot of hassle.

8.5/10

It's always such a wired experience for me to start with her. I mean, normally the first healer you get just gets a puny heal staff. Lana gets everything one might want her to have right of the bat. And this is FE4 where you can actually repair staffs, so you can go nuts with them. Well, not exactly. She can't use the arena from the get go and her low move means you might not really want her to visit the villages, so she might have some money troubles. But hey, nobody is perfect. Except Sigurd, of course. At least one can get some nice combat out of her once she hits lv20.

9/10

+1 Bias, because the series rarely gives me the opportunity to use staffs that excessively staffs. It's just so much fun.

Edited by BrightBow

She doesn't have a horse or combat (at first), but she has everything else a Staffbot could want: Healing? Got that, in spades. Warp? Yup. Status staves? If you want. Restore for the rare times you actually might want it? Even that! And they all come for free in various states of repair. Since Aideen is the best choice for staff passing anyway, you could very well have her buy and repair as many staves as she and her lover's gold permit at the end of Gen One so that Lana can save her cash and maybe even stock up a bit by selling staves she doesn't need to other characters who can use them.

Lacking a horse hurts but it doesn't hurt so much because she can get Physic passed down to her. She'll eventually fall behind, but at that point she can start Warping people ahead to whatever Team Horse has captured already, so she's still doing something useful. Her promotion is meh, but at least it lets her arena a little, and she's not awful at it given that most of her best fathers do pass decent skills to her.

8/10. I wouldn't normally rate a Staffbot so highly, but she really gets every tool she could want right out of the box other than maybe Rescue, and there's other ways to pass that down in time for Leaf to get it, so no need to feel married to (no pun intended) Aideen/Claude.

Restore comes in handy whenever sleep appears. Status staves are going to be used more rarely than Restore ever will because they're so expensive for just 100 EXP (300 with Silence).

uguuu lana

lana is among my favorite things ever

and she shaves pretty good turns with all those sticks

and she's helpful to have around if i don't care about turns

and she actually does things for everybody regardless of celice's speed

i love lana so very very much

why didn't i ask for a lana badge in the badge comp

9.5/10 and only not a 10 because that's leaf and celice and maybe layleen

also it pleases me that lana was round xxx <3