[FE4] Rate the Unit XXXII

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Mana: 4.98

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Lana: 8.24

Celice: 9.54

DAY 32: DELMUD

__

Delmud's pretty cool. He's on a horse, and he has Charisma. He can use every non-holy sword from the get-go thanks to having Minor Hezul.

Then, comes the tricky part. Delmud's best fathers are Beowulf or Fin. Both of them give Pursuit, but only one gives him fresh weapons to start with. Beowulf!Delmud is pretty awesome, can start with a wide range of swords (he's going to be getting whatever Celice, Leaf, or the Swordtwins don't get), and will have Pursuit and Charge. With Fin he doesn't inherit swords (but he can easily snipe whatever Celice or the Swordtwins don't need) but has Pursuit and the eternally broken Prayer.

He's one of three mounted units that joins at the same time, and he, alongside Oifaye, will be killing shit like no tomorrow.

8/10

9/10

I REALLY like Delmud. Good enough combat unit, pre-mounted, and an excellent skill in Charisma.

Also bias because his hair is :awesome: .

Edited by Crashman_Alpha

On one hand I don't like him because he is the product of Lachesis' presumed infidelity (or maybe she cheated on Beowulf with Fin, I really don't know at this rate). On the other hand, he has a horse and pretty awesome stats.

Bah.

7.5/10, with a -1 bias.

Maybe she started with Beo, and then Beo died and then she had Nanna with Fin or something

In which case it's totally okay as it's not infidelity if you remarry after your spouse dies

Has charisma, pretty good offense, a horse, and availability. A good candidate for the second Hero Sword.

Optimal fathers include Beowulf and Fin, although if you're interested in making his sister heal for more, Azel doesn't hurt either as he has good str either way due to Hezul and he can use magic swords effectively.

8/10. A little tempted to take off because I've had a few really underwhelming Delmuds in the past, but then he made up for it in my last run by doing really well so I won't.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Charisma, good availability, good weapon type, mount, and good offense. Not gonna be getting the best weapons, so-so durability, and never really dominates enemies. 8.5/10, mostly for Charisma, and because he really shouldn't be below the swordtwins.

He's a very solid horse unit, way better than your Gen One cavaliers and obviously better than Beowulf if he's his son (since he can only be as bad as Beowulf++ at that rate). Teams well with Celice and Oifaye and remains relevant throughout Gen Two even when eclipsed in combat effectiveness by other units because he's got Charisma and none of them do (well, other than Nanna, but why settle for just one?). So even if he's not doing much, he's still giving everybody else a benefit. He can use magic swords "okay," but his skill with them is overrated, even with Azel as a father.

8/10

Then, comes the tricky part. Delmud's best fathers are Beowulf or Fin. Both of them give Pursuit, but only one gives him fresh weapons to start with. Beowulf!Delmud is pretty awesome, can start with a wide range of swords (he's going to be getting whatever Celice, Leaf, or the Swordtwins don't get), and will have Pursuit and Charge. With Fin he doesn't inherit swords (but he can easily snipe whatever Celice or the Swordtwins don't need) but has Pursuit and the eternally broken Prayer.

Fin can kill Shagaal and snag the Silver Blade if you really want to do it that way. It's an A-rank sword so it suits Delmud and his Hezul blood nicely. A bigger problem is that if you pair Fin and Lachesis, Fin loses his weapons, but that's not something to hold against Delmud.

8.5/10 + 1 bias point = 9.5/10

Well I like that he is a charisma bot who can get at least some good items from his daddy (still prefer his sister as my charisma-bot). Great availability and a horse are always nice too. I don't like that Lachesis supposedly cheated on Finn to have him, but that is not his fault so I won't hold it against him.

He can get the clipper, the thunder sword and the silver blade with Finn as his father. I usually go with the thunder sword and the silver blade, meaning that yes, Finn is killing most bosses in chapter 3.

Also, he gets a bias point for being related to my all time favorite units (and NPC), Aless, Nanna, and Eltoshan (and Felgius too in FE5).

Edited by Bee

9/10 - almost impossible to fuck up unless you do crackpot pairings like ClaudexLachesis (which still produces a good Nanna, but that's a different story), has a horsie, great availability and is killing stuff from the get-go, has Charisma, uses swords.... yeah. Loses 1 point for not being able to use a holy weapon, though it's hardly his fault.

8.5/10. Horse, A swords, Charisma... Delmud is a good unit, I know he is, but I've tried Beo, Fin, and even Lex + Pursuit Ring; he just never turns out any better than a Charisma bot for me. So -1 bias makes him 7.5/10.

Delmud is a pretty cool guy, he's a dude on a horse that kills things. Good thing he has charisma, otherwise he might have been a bit underwhelming, as you have guys that kills stuff on horses aplenty.

7/10

As long as he gets Pursuit and maybe another skill, he's golden. Hezul means he gets all the Strength and HP he wants, but he's inheriting most of his other growths from Papa. Beowulf and Fin are good choices, although Alec and Azel work too. Noish, Dew and Lex aren't bad with the Pursuit Ring either. He's generally pretty reliable, Charisma is funky. He's not quite as good as Aless, bu other than Holsety!Arthur and Celice, which horsie is?

8.5/10 - reliable with the right father, and won't fall into uselessness late on. Yay ponies!

man I just don't like delmud

he's still a competent enough fighter on a pony, though, so at least he's worth something

plus charisma's cool

8.2/10

EDIT: I'm going to give him +.2 bias because his Charisma let Fee kill Julius one time.

Edited by Integrity

7/10

He's often relevant to the real work of chapters but not critical. He never quite gets the chance to be a vital unit between having to exist with a massively overpowered Celice and high level Oifaye and Fin early on and then not having the inherent uses of Aless, promoted Leaf, or a couple of other options later. On the other hand he's very easy and fast to make in a near-optimum version using Beowulf.

8/10

interesting reasoning

nope, can't argue there

Fin can kill Shagaal and snag the Silver Blade if you really want to do it that way. It's an A-rank sword so it suits Delmud and his Hezul blood nicely. A bigger problem is that if you pair Fin and Lachesis, Fin loses his weapons, but that's not something to hold against Delmud.

Fin should be selling all his good weapons to Fury (on a non-draft runthrough) anyway. I could make a decent case for Sigurd taking the Hero Lance if neither Fury nor (snrk) altenna want it

EDITO

I like Delmud, so he gets +.5 from me. On the other hand, I find that while he's useful in a pinch, he's hardly necessary; I mean AzelDelmud has decent power with magic swords but that's like the only time I've had a Delmud where his role couldn't be filled by like Aless or Oifaye or Celice (and even then Lex!Arthur did a pretty good job being a second him).

But again, nice to have, not bad at all.

7.5/10

Edited by Camtech

IMO the best child. He kills everything, is around forever, has a pony, great fathering options, awesome class, and he's mellow as ****. He has two scenes involving his family dieing and he responds epicly. Only con is that he can't use a holy weapon, but if you kill everything but bosses, then does it matter if you kill the unit easily or barely? You're still doing the job.

FE4:

"ZOMG WHERE'S MOM"

"I dunno, she went in the desert alone, so she's probably dead."

"NOOOOOOOOOO"

"Yeah, sure."

FE5:

"I couldn't save your sister"

"Tis cool brah."

Seriously, what a G.

9+1 for bias= 10/10

Edited by 3-13Archer

Mount, good combat (having Pursuit and B in something is really all it takes in this game, but still), and Charisma. How can you go wrong? I will never understand people giving Delmud a mediocre score.

8.5/10

9/10

One of four horses always getting danced by Leen/Layla (Celice/Ares/Delmud/Leaf) (sometimes Arthur or Nanna, situation depending). If that doesn't mean you're A+ quality, I don't know what does.

Edited by Balcerzak

9/10

One of four horses always getting danced by Leen/Layla (Celice/Ares/Delmud/Leaf) (sometimes Arthur or Nanna, situation depending). If that doesn't mean you're A+ quality, I don't know what does.

I think he only makes the cut to be on the dance train in a minority of situations. Oifaye and Fin are still overweening in Chapter 8 and you need Nanna healing quite a bit without Leaf being promoted. Chapter 9 has zero enemy density after you cut through Hannibal's army - there aren't even any castle guards - until you deal with Arione, usually by running around him, so there's no compelling reason to use a player phase hero like Delmud or Lester over Nanna or even over no one. And it's not as if he even has a dependable combat lead over promoted Nanna if you give her the same kind of good weaponry, either. Chapter 10 has a double-back so all the riders can easily get to the frontlines in the middle of the chapter so he's not notable perhaps until the last phase to help with hitting the boss. And then in Epilogue he is in the "I don't have enough resistance" caste.

Charisma is very important for me. So that's a plus. I believe Fin is his best father due to prayer. Which prayer helps due to me having him up front all the time. I think he's a solid unit.

8/10