FE4 - Rate The Unit XXXVI

CT075

what happened to "im coming back on friday night"

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlebad: 3.33

Badney: 3.44

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tristan: 5.00

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Lester: 6.59

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Celice: 9.54

---

Day 36, Oifaye

i suppose he's alright

i'm too tired to rate atm so bleah

Not essential in C6, but he certainly helps a lot. His bases are awesome and his growths are good enough to keep him fairly even with the rest of the party if you use him in full capacity. Plus 9 MOV.

9/10

Some people don't appreciate Oifaye. I think he's like the best thing ever. If you throw him a few rings he's useable for the entire gen. High move, sword use, pursuit and critical, what else do you want?

9/10

Some people don't appreciate Oifaye. I think he's like the best thing ever. If you throw him a few rings he's useable for the entire gen. High move, sword use, pursuit and critical, what else do you want?

9/10

This except 8.8 because I gave Celice a 9 so

He goes places, but he's still...well, and Oifay, and I'm not a fan of prepromotes in general.

7/10

I'm almost tempted to throw this out since prepromotes kind of don't exist in the traditional sense in FE4

Edited by Camtech

do it

Anyway, Oifaye's competent. He's really pretty good for the first half (2/3 maybe) of Gen 2, then he drops off and becomes just one of the boys. To his credit, he's never really obsoleted, but he's never really spectacular.

I think an 8.5/10 is perfectly fine, maybe on the low end.

Solid start, but he soon gets eclipsed by the likes of Aless, Celice and Delmud. Still, it's not that he becomes useless, he just doesn't have those holy trout 2nd gen growths!

7.5/10

Starts good and ends good. On a horse with pursuit and critical. I give him the skill ring you get in chapter 6 too. Not to mention he has a cool mustache.

8.5/10 + 1 point bias

9.5/10

As my avatar pic shows, I really like Oifaye. In fact I made a d&d character based off him XD

Edited by Guy Starwind

Me doing a show and getting shitfaced happened

Oifaye's pretty awesome. Pursuit and Critical, uses all non-holy swords, can hold his own. After Delmud, Celice, Arthur, Leaf, and Aless promote he's pretty useless but he still rocks everyone's socks for most of Gen 2.

8.5/10

8.5/10

Oifey is great. Minor Baldo, crit, and a horsie. Pity that in a not-subs run he will be equaled by the children pretty fast, and I almost always stop using him once Aless shows up (and he gets demoted to captured-castle guard when Leaf, Delmud, Nanna, ect promote). But he still helps make chapter 6 much easier and faster.

Some characters must grow to become good. Oifaye says the hell with that, he already put in his dues babysitting and rudely telling people under level 20 to get out of his face. The result? Awesomeness. Solid stats, good growths (in any other game, godly growths, but alas), amazing skills (Pursuit and Critical? Hell yes!), and he can use pretty much any sword he wants. Oh yes, prepromoted with a freaking horse. He has everything going for him.

The only reason he's not the greatest thing ever is that other people get better than him. But he remains perfectly capable of hanging out with Team Horse and picking guys off. Oh, and in a subs run he makes everybody look like a damn chump, and you'll really lean on him then. He won't let you down.

8.5/10

I don't like Oifaye enough to give him an 8 so 7.9/10 is my score for him.

Once Celice, Aless, Delmudd, every other child promotes that aren't subs I find myself ditching Oifaye since he goes from good to just ehh. Not necessarily bad but the next generation starts doing his job better than him.

He created an archetype of Jeigan's that start awesome and stay awesome, what more needs to be said? ...Well his move pretty good too, not too mention Dat Mostache.

9/10

Edited by Gmls710

He is fairly important in 7 and noticeably useful in 8, then he's "I guess I might as well deploy him" grade. In 6 his appearance delay means Celice is way ahead if you're doing the full Celistomp and he is probably just helping Lak/Rad move forward as much as possible every turn to get the recruitment. He holds up a little longer as a mission-critical unit in all-subs though.

7/10

Oifey has epic stats and growths... for a gen 1 character...

But for Gen 2? He still roflpwns, but if he was in Gen 1 like Fin... oh my... the fun I'd have...

Regardless, Oifey falls a bit behind quicker then most Jeigans, but he's still pulling his own for the whole game, so yeah.

8.5/10

I'm almost tempted to throw this out since prepromotes kind of don't exist in the traditional sense in FE4

I'm throwing it out. Prepromotes in FE4 are so different than other FE's that there really is no excuse to rank him like that.

Gone2Ground, if you can justify a seven with better reasoning within the next 12 hours, I'll include it.

8.58 for Oifaye.

miss me?

Edited by Laurence Olivier