[FE4] Rate the Unit XXXVII

Miss me?

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tristan: 5.00

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Lester: 6.59

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Oifaye: 8.58

Celice: 9.54

DAY 37: JULIA

___

Oh, Julia.

You have access to the two best spells in the game, Resire and Narga. You're the reason defeating Julius is a cakewalk. You can promote unlike your useless mother.

But, goddamn it.

You start with absolutely nothing, need to hide behind everyone until Celice conquers somewhere, and then you have to slowly tank your way to a decent level because, oh, YOU FUCKIN' DISAPPEAR.

Not to mention YOU'RE NOT ON A HORSE

Staff utility is ok. Especially when we only have L/Mana at this point.

She's essential for early clears of F, as she can solo the Dark Warlords and Julius at a decent level, which is highly possible.

7/10, I used a -1 bias here.

You have access to the two best spells in the game, Resire and Narga.

Did you forget Holsety?

Staffbot that can fight. Helpful in final. No horse. Disappears.

Eh, 7/10. I like Julia.

... How is Resire better than Holsety?

No, really. There's a 16 mt, 40 hit, 29 AS difference and one of them boosts continue and critical activation rates. How is HP steal>that?

Edited by ♈Aradia Megido

I think Holsety is way cooler but that's unrelated

Julia is pretty cool, she heals well, and can dish out some solid damage. She also has access to all staves except Reserve, rescue and Valkyrie, which is awesome as well.

she still has massive movement issues, though

7/10

Edited by General Horace

Resiretanking is actually more worth it than you're seeming to make it.

By no means is Resiretanking an invalid strategy, but I think calling it better than Holsety is completely ridiculous.

7/10-.5= 6.5/10

Take Diadora, give her actual availability, good tomes, and better growths. Narga and resire make her good for combat (and the battle with Yurius oh so much faster), and she can use almost every staff. However, she some problems. First, she comes with no items at all; true she gets resire and restore quickly after, but you still need to keep protecting her until she does. Secondly, no horse and very minimal 5 movement, which is always fun when Aless, Leaf, Celice, and the Leg-ring dancer are running fast ahead :dry: . Third, SHE DISAPPEARS! At least she gets more screen time than her mother but still it is annoying that she leaves for 1.75 chapters. Also, the fact that she doesn't seem interested in anyone but her brother kinda annoys me a bit, which I think I will take -.5 a bias point for.

Well, she sure as hell beats her mom on every category that matters. The main thing holding her back - literally - is her low movement, and the fact that you might have to slow down your warp speed Celicestomp a little to make sure she gets Resire so she can fight well. Has poor SPD and DEF but holy crap that RES and MAG growth. Resire-tanking makes up a bit for her durability, but she needs to survive to counterattack. Great staffbot too.

Yeah, she disappears, but then she's back with Narga. And Narga's pretty badass. Granted, usually everyone but Julius is dead by that point, but she does stomp him at least.

6.5/10. I'd rate her much lower if you get Aura or nothing in ch6, but why would you do that?

Who needs HP steal when you don't get hit

Though man, Resiretanking on C7 DMs is pretty fucking great.

Anyway, has access to Resire and Narga. Can staff. Can actually fucking promote this time. And she makes Yurius into mush very easily. That's worth something.

Resire makes her Arena bouts easier too, much better than Aura at any case.

Shitty move so obligatory -3, and I'll cancel out her shitty def deductions with Resire and Narga so

7/10.

Always good to have aboard, her move really hampers her performance but her Resire tanking comes in handy a lot. Also makes Julius a joke.

7/10

I love it when you heal something with Lana and she gets an HP level-up, then you heal it with Julia and she gets 20 EXP and an HP level-up, and then you heal that with Lana again...

But yeah, pretty good.

7.5/10

JULIA IS BEST UNIT

Her only downsides are footsie, dropping for C10 and most of F, and something of an accuracy problem with Resire. Yeah, not hitting occasionally is really a problem when you're 2HKOd at existent hit rates.

Still, sticks and good offense and good Arena potential (except lol swordmasters), plus having essentially sole claim on everything she needs (resire) plus bias I'll go with

8/10

"Essentially" sole claim on Resire? Who else can use it? Leaf and Sety don't have an A in Light. She ain't worried about fighting nobody for her weapon, and she and Lana/Mana can share staves amicably. Plus Julia could snag a couple status staves or something if she has any spare arena cash since at least unlike Lana she can do the arena to repair them a time or two. Nice to have against Team Ishtor or something, and exp for her.

I don't think it's such a problem that she doesn't have Rezire from the get go. Since Lena is the only other healer she should have enough to contribute until then.

Being able to use Rezire is awesome and all, particularly with high magic. I mean you heal yourself while enemies die, that's pretty neat however I found her ability to use Rezire to be rather lacking.

She misses a lot. It helps that you can give her an Skill Ring early but it is still rather lackluster. Plus, she has Pursuit and Continue which always seemed to activate surprisingly often to me.

She promotes into a Sage, a class that's pretty damn awesome. Great caps and therefore great promotion gains, particular for stats she is mostly lacking. But sadly that's probably around the time where she gets kidnapped, along with all the stuff she was carrying which is not nice. I mean she could carry a few valuable staffs. That would suck at that point in the game.

She makes up for it by curbstomping her brother in the final chapter which would otherwise be quite tedious.

7.5/10

-1 Bias for getting kidnapped by Manfroy. She is probably a Sage by that point and he can just snatch her away? That's pretty silly.

Man, I think I really voted Lena to high. Even though I never use her like that, Julia can use staffs just as well as Lena with the additional option of using some of the most powerful magic in the game. And nobody but her can even wield it. I need to be consistent with my previous votes though and so I have to rank her higher then Lena.

Edited by BrightBow

Resiretanking is actually more worth it than you're seeming to make it.

it's actually not worth that much past like chapter 7

in chapter 6 you don't get resire until the map is 80% over anyway

chapter 7 has some use but you don't want her tanking too many enemies because she has ~70ish hit getting 2HKO'd in my experience (which means that if she misses she dies). Enemies had some ~70 hit too so don't count on her dodging either.

chapter 8 is finished much too quickly for her to really have an impact

chapter 9 she's either too durable to really need the resire to tank or the enemies ORKO her anyway

chapter 10 she doesn't exist

lolfinal

Holsety at least has the advantage of standing on a road to bring hitrates up from 0 to like 5% (so enemies actually attack without the slightest chance of actually winning)

Now...

Yuria is amazing, despite my tirade. Her invaluable utility in healing tristan/dimna/base level janne being a glass cannon that repairs itself makes light work of some tough spots (I found her invaluable against Ishtore before we figured out how to trivialize everything with Celice's Light/Hero Sword antics).

And then she disappears in chapter 10 and re-appears to smite yurius with a dragon

Then again playing on super-turbo kind of removes any need for her at all but she still promotes by healing tristan/dimna/base level janne in the base and is still pretty okay.

7/10

Edited by Camtech

"Essentially" sole claim on Resire? Who else can use it? Leaf and Sety don't have an A in Light. She ain't worried about fighting nobody for her weapon, and she and Lana/Mana can share staves amicably. Plus Julia could snag a couple status staves or something if she has any spare arena cash since at least unlike Lana she can do the arena to repair them a time or two. Nice to have against Team Ishtor or something, and exp for her.

Resire's free for her, yes. I said she had essentially free claim on "everything she needs" which I elaborated as Resire. I left it at that because there are other things Julia wants like the Skill Ring (she'd really want that tbh) or even the Elite Ring.

Also I wrote it at something early, so nyeh.

There is no strong reason to get Resire. The only chapter it can do anything on is 7 during a section where Celice is wasting turns catching up from Yied and you are just killing as much stuff as you can before it gets seize-vanished. She can only be in position to use it for a turn or two even then.

She's mostly a 5-move B-staffer when you also have a much better one loaded down with ideal staffs. Near-irrelevant in 6, makes moderate contributions healing in 7, and is then one of several options to be your Warp-er until she vanishes. Then she gets magic radiation sickness from being Returned Warped Rescued Danced Rescued over a couple of turns after the re-recruit in Epi to splat Julius.

It's notable that she is a bit more important in all-subs because Mana is terrible and cannot fully heal badly wounded characters in 6 or 7 and Julia can buy the bugged Hawk Lightning tome at the start of 8 (which gives her the money to upgrade to a fresh staff and pass the old Relive to Mana).

5+2 points for killing the final boss = 7/10