Rate the Unit, Day 17: Julian

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Bord: 3.25

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Draug: 8.14

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

When he means usable, I think he means unit with better bases and growths.

Julian is pretty awesome wither ways... not really, but he's darn usable. Unfortunately he needs a bit of babying at first, but he's certainly not bad at combat. Now if he only had better HP, he wouldn't have big problems durability wise. He's also more or less compulsory for the final chapter, unless you wanna kill all the sisters. Oh, and he gets you neat items from chests and allows Marth to do some fighting or proceed to the throne.

8/10

Oh, forgot Bias.

9/10

Edited by Marth

Oh hi Julian how do you do? I see you have an 80% Health growth, and what's this? 70% Strength and Speed growths? Your 60% Skill and 80% Luck growth...and your FORTY (?!) % Defense growth?! You're also a Thief you say?! Wow that's handy! And you say you come in Chapter 3?! Who cares about that Level 30 Cap, I'm sold! But damn that 20 Strength cap! If not for low caps, he would get a 10/10, but as it is, I give him a 8.5/10...

Except for my bias that Julian is the best thief in the entire series so it's a solid 9.5/10 from me. (This is my first time doing this, did I do it correctly?)

Edited by TheBritishEltshan

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Rickard says hi...

Are you facepalming at the fact he forgot him or that Rickard exists? (I mean it's handy that Rickard's a Thief but his much lower growths, lower availability, Rickard is implausible to use when Julian exists in the same game)

Oh hi Julian how do you do? I see you have an 80% Health growth, and what's this? 70% Strength and Speed growths? Your 60% Skill and 80% Luck growth...and your FORTY (?!) % Defense growth?! You're also a Thief you say?! Wow that's handy! And you say you come in Chapter 3?! Who cares about that Level 30 Cap, I'm sold! But damn that 20 Strength cap! If not for low caps, he would get a 10/10, but as it is, I give him a 8.5/10...

Except for my bias that Julian is the best thief in the entire series so it's a solid 9.5/10 from me. (This is my first time doing this, did I do it correctly?)

Its legit all right. :)

Only thief u should use because Ricardo is shit. At least Thieves can go above LV20. Which is a plus. Other than bad HP for awhile. If u give him an Angelic Robe, he will be your best lockpicker to have.

8/10

Edited by リンダ

The Bad:

Can only level up to 30

Hp is somewhat below average without an Angelic Robe.

Swordlock that starts at Rank E

The Good:

Great growths for a thief.

Comes early at chapter 3.

Has what thiefs are for; unlocking stuff.

Needed for the final chapter, and to recurit Matthis and Rickard.

Rickard Sucks

Can go out and kill enemies.

Overall I say...

8.5/10

When he means usable, I think he means unit with better bases and growths.

Julian is pretty awesome wither ways... not really, but he's darn usable. Unfortunately he needs a bit of babying at first, but he's certainly not bad at combat. Now if he only had better HP, he wouldn't have big problems durability wise. He's also more or less compulsory for the final chapter, unless you wanna kill all the sisters. Oh, and he gets you neat items from chests and allows Marth to do some fighting or proceed to the throne.

8/10

Oh, forgot Bias.

9/10

My exact thoughts 9/10 for me too.

In my few runs of FE12 I have found that the game is cool and gives thieves a chance to decide not to fight or to get experience...

from the times you actually need a thief you have Chp 6 and Chp 10 where a thief can face a battle, and that is from a Swarm bishop nothing else, most of the time thief Won't even have the chance to fight, and will be underleveled by the Final Chapter even on a casual run!

Even then if you manage to actually train him the only problem would be his strength cap, not that it matter much when we are in forge Land and given swords are cheap to forge!... I will give 7/10

9/10

Very useful to get chests and doors. Also pretty amazing growths for a thief. A little frail at first, but nothing a could like a few levels. His lack of promotion annoys me a bit, but at least he got the 10 bonus levels to help lessen the blow of no promotion.

Back from the deaaaad, oh nos. Anyway yes I managed to see this page. Julian's pretty solid, but really the fact there's weapon ranks here and not in SNES FE3 hurts the guy a lot more towards the beginning. Thankfully, his growths are just HAX. He'll be tearing through folks on the way to doors and chests in no time. Definitely 8/10 material, only reason he's not 9/10 is because of that E Sword rank which hurts him when you first try using him.