Rate the Unit, Day 21: Yumina

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

FAR less annoying that Staff Chick the First. No Hammerne, but IDGAF.

8/10

This

Except 9/10 because Yumina is that one loli character I don't hate.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

ITT: Marth can't decide what to rate Yumina. :P:

I'd assume it's 9/10 since Lumi quoted you as well, so he's basically just saying the same thing as her (although I could be wrong...I GUESS). tongue.gif

Wait, I didn't quote that one post like everyone else did.

FAR less annoying that Staff Chick the First. No Hammerne, but IDGAF.

8/10

All is right in the world.

(not that that's my vote, I haven't played H1 to completion, so I'm not really qualified to vote)

Wrys got less than Cord/Bord? Da fuq?

Yumina!

She's a good staffbot, with a good rank and good magic, and I like her so also bias. 9/10

She did fine for me in Maniac mode as a mage...who promoted to a Sage with decent Staff and Tome rank. Yeah, E tomes doesn't hurt female mages much due to early Nosferatu why does all the good early E ranked stuff go to females. Very well rounded no-defensive stats as a mage with superb base luck, not that she's meant to be hit much by enemies who can 1HKO her(Read all those silver weapon users since chapter 2) orwithout Nosferatu in hand.

Definitely one of the more powerful spellcasters who should not have trouble getting strong in Hard mode.

8/10 + 1 bias point because her portrait makes her look like an assertive individual and that she saved me a lot of trouble in my Maniac run 8D 9/10

Good staffbot paired with Great Staff Rank and Good Magic!

No Hammerne is kinda sadfais though; and she's a friggin' badass loli! Yubello really wishes he was this badass as his twin sister!

Edited by Frostbite

How is she practically the same as Wrys? She has better base staff rank and better growths. Wrys has an availability lead over her and I think people underrated him though.

lol@people rating Yumina highly when she's p. much the same as Wrys with slightly higher base staff rank which means basically nothing

I present Physic and no training necessary for Warp.

I'm not rating her a 9/10 though.

Edited by Colonel M

I might be part of the minority critical of Yumina here, then.

In normal difficulties, she'd be alright...she has a good enough staff score. But really, Malessia has a serious edge on her in the higher difficulties. They did improve her over how she was in SNES FE3 stat wise, but that is not saying much when once again she is totally outclassed. If you really need another staffbot, go ahead and use her...but all she's ever going to be is second fiddle. Sure she has that Rescue Staff (and I am THANKFUL she brings it) but last I checked that's not even locked to her in this game (correct me if I'm wrong).

Want my .02? Just give the Rescue Staff to someone else and bench her...her sole selling point in the SNES games is gone, and you've got a crapload of magic users to consider as it is.

Good second fiddle staffbot, but -1 due to being overrated even back in the day.

5/10

Edited by Chainy

How is she practically the same as Wrys? She has better base staff rank and better growths. Wrys has an availability lead over her and I think people underrated him though.

Sure, she has better staff rank. Shame that the only C rank staff is Physic which doesn't show up until Chapter 7, and even then we're not necessarily going to fuck around with the Fire Dragon to grab it. By the time you're certain to have a physic, chapter 10, Wrys is practically guaranteed C Staves. Even if we do grab it, Wrys has 10 chapters to build staff rank in; five prologue chapters, 3x, 4, 5, 6, and 7. He only needs to heal four times in each chapter to hit C.

I present Physic and no training necessary for Warp.

I'm not rating her a 9/10 though.

As if Wrys isn't going to reach C Staves by Chapter 14. Wrys has 16 chapters to reach C Rank staves. That means he only needs to heal two or three times per chapter to hit C Rank. Are you going to begrudge even such a tiny amount of effort?

Why would we not grab the early Physic from the dragon's cave? It's not terribly difficult on Hard 1 Mode if you send a durable Cavalier to face it.

I do agree you have plenty of time to build Wrys's staff rank, even on an LTC run.

As if Wrys isn't going to reach C Staves by Chapter 14. Wrys has 16 chapters to reach C Rank staves. That means he only needs to heal two or three times per chapter to hit C Rank. Are you going to begrudge even such a tiny amount of effort?

Of course I am. Physic is already here. Getting the one near the Fire Dragon is easy as hell too. You don't have to even kill or take damage from the fucker. I did it in my Lunatic runthrough with no problem.

Then there's still his staff deficit for Again Staff, and then there's Etzel who joins and goes "'sup?" to poor Wrys.

Like I said in my review - Wrys does have an upper hand against most Clerics and even Wendell and Etzel, but... Yeah.

By the way, my rating is about a 6.5/10. If explanation is necessary, I'll load it onto you.

Edited by Colonel M