Spriting and Competition Notice

eCut

Hi honey bears!

In light of recent events (and looking at past events), I would like to make an announcement:

There has been a lot of arguing amongst members in these forums (especially the competition sub-forum). I know that people can disagree and small quarrels are not a big deal but the sad part about this is the argument always gets out of hand. This is not only a frustration for myself and your fellow members but it is also thread derailment which is against the code of conduct. The point of the competition threads are to enter in the competitions, to give critique to those who enter, and to vote for your favourite entry, not to bicker about who isn't following the rules of the competition. It is up to the person in charge of the competition to decide who does or doesn't follow the rules, not the participators and other members. If you want to have heated arguments with each other or think an entry is breaking the rules then do so via the personal messenger or some other form of private conversation.

I would also like to remind you all that rule about spamming is still in effect in these forums! If you like somebody's work then that is perfect! However, refrain from posting things such as "Love it!" or quoting someone else and saying "I agree!". If you want to tell an artist you like their work then say why you like it. That is not only more useful to the artist but it also isn't "spam". The same goes for a member's work you don't like; explain why a sprite isn't good/why you dislike it instead of just saying "ew" or "that sucks". There is no reason to be mean or nasty when giving someone's work critique; we want to encourage them to keep trying and to get better, not to scare them off or hurt them.

Lastly, please remember that the report button is there for a reason! If I am not around to catch something then you can always report the post and another staff member will see that it is taken care of!

~ eCut. :)

PS: If you have any questions or concerns about this then feel free to contact me!

PPS:

"Artists, please be aware that if you post artwork, sprites or graphics in this forum, they are on display and up for critique. Please be respectful of those who have taken their time to offer you suggestions and tips. If you have a problem excepting commentary from others in a mature fashion, or do not want critique, please consider posting your art elsewhere."

Lord Glenn's words which I am posting here because it is very true.

Edited by eCut