Rate the Unit: Day 50 - Kyza

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Heather: 5.29

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Lol bases. He's salvageable with blossom and BEXP but why would you do that when there are much better options that dont require that? 1/10

Edited by Professor PicKLe

Kyza, that...guy hanging out with Ranulf.

Pros:

Ok speed base for a tiger.

Cons:

Bases are eehhhhh.

Base level is a wee bit too low.

Strength is eehhh for his class.

This poor guy. Hes one of those units thats just gonna get overlooked entirely. Hes so generic and brings nothing new or even interesting to the table. I tried using him once and...yeah it didnt work out. Im breaking up with you, Kyza! He lags something fierce due to them bases. Mordy is at a higher base level and does everything better. Yeah Kyza can double but his strength says "lol no ORKO for you." Hes just not really worth using. Poor guy. Hes just ehh.

1.5/10

The lack of voter turnout says it all; this'll be boring. Not necessarily a bad thing, mind you, especially after the shitstorm that happened in the last RTU thread.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Oh tomorrow is going to be so fun. I guarantee there'll be lots of talk about tomorrow.

Not rating Kyza since I've never used him.

I actually tried using him on my last run. Yeahhhh he just didnt work out. He just couldnt hang with the rest of the team because dem bases. Plus his defense is just...not good enough. I got spoiled with Mordy and even Muarim's good defense. Kyza did help a bit in 4-5 though. He still doubled most things. He almost died though....

I like Kyza's character design but all the game ever establishes about him is that he's all about rules and is gay for Ranulf. Yeah. His ENTIRE existence is to man the Ranulf fan club. He's a pretty boring character with bland stats but at least he's not Lyre. He even ties her for speed. Kyza is basically Oscar-Lite when he is transformed, and that's kind of sad that even with his transformation, the majority of the Greil Mercs still outclass him. He also makes me wish Muarim didn't disappear for forever.

1.5/10

I have only tried using him on NM, and even there he is pretty horrible, probably a 2.5 at most. He also doesn't really appeal as a character, it's a shame that supports got scrapped this game.

And the beta list has no Mia X Lucia, what's with that?

2.5/10

Better thzn the following.

Shit units

Lyre

Meg

Fiona

Due to just needing a wing, a drop, a sign, a little bexp and strike level up.

Still crappy, but isn't too bad

Edited by Sharpy

He should dye his hair green. Green taigarrrrrs are the best.

ON a serious note. He's not too bad but almost everyone is better. Requires quite a heavy investment of resources to salvage.

3/10

What a useless, less than nothing, piece of shit unit. Mediocre in all areas and ends up being 100% outclassed (ie: he offers NOTHING to the GMs). I usually strip him of his abilities and items and give them Ranulf. Worst of all, he's boring to.

2.5/10 - 0.5

2/10

Edited by Starwave

4/10. BEXP to 99XP and give Blossom. + Energy Drop, and you can make him useable. He has good durability against physical attacks, and 22 Base Speed is good too. But being outclassed by nearly all of your other unit, why are we using him again?

Catz Mc' Tiger. Kyza's stats for his level are somewhere between a Cat(excluding Lyre) and the other Tigers, resulting in him being pretty medicore all round. The only good thing is his transform gauge and movement range.

2/10

He has a gauge first, no personality and what's shown is a bit annoying so already a -1 bias, laguz are very hard to train and he's not worth it really, and I just don't like him. What does he have on his side? HP and shove. He just sucks. 0/10 including the -1 bias.

1.5/10. Brings nothing new to the table at all, and being in a game where non-royal laguz are irritatingly hard to train doesn't help his case.

I find the Ranulf rating bullshit.

Anyway, Kyza is merely one thing:

FABULOUS!

1/10.

Any reason why in particular? Because I'm not really surprised between the negative bias Ranulf got a lot of and the fact most people (myself included) dislike cat laguz.

Also, your description of Kyza cracks me up.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Kyza would be the Fiona of Laguz, if Lyre did not exist. So he is more like the Meg of Laguz. Underleveled, bad bases, but good growths... He is salvageable, but if we are to put bexp on a tiger, Mordecai is the better choice.

1/10

[01:02:24] <Lindesux> btw I have been using Kyza

[01:02:42] <Lindesux> He is gr9mazing because he can 2RKO everything with a Energy and Wing

[01:03:15] <Lindesux> Better than faggots like Haar man I'm so glad I benched him

[01:04:07] <Lindesux> I've also been using Aran instead of that lame Nolan

[01:07:31] <Lindesux> I got him to a point where he was 3HKO'd by tigers

[01:07:42] <Lindesux> And yet Sothe was still a more useful tank than he was

See, he's better than Haar 10/10

I find the Ranulf rating bullshit.

Anyway, Kyza is merely one thing:

FABULOUS!

1/10.

Eh what can you do when players are unwilling to accept the fact that they're "bad" at using a character. Ranulf should have a scored a 7 at least on average (a 6 accounting negative bias) not 3s or 4s. Whatever, if a character doesn't have boobs and requires some thought to use their guaranteed to be scored lower. It honestly feels like nobody here has even played HM in recent memory (funny thing too, i've seen some of the regular users who post on RTUs admit that they've never played HM which is absurd.)

(no I won't let this go. Yes I do realize i've overscorred a few characters like Soren and Nephenee. Regardless the Ranulf rating was a farce)

Eh what can you do when players are unwilling to accept the fact that they're "bad" at using a character. Ranulf should have a scored a 7 at least on average (a 6 accounting negative bias) not 3s or 4s. Whatever, if a character doesn't have boobs and requires some thought to use their guaranteed to be scored lower. It honestly feels like nobody here has even played HM in recent memory (funny thing too, i've seen some of the regular users who post on RTUs admit that they've never played HM which is absurd.)

(no I won't let this go. Yes I do realize i've overscorred a few characters like Soren and Nephenee. Regardless the Ranulf rating was a farce)

I think saying Ranulf deserves a 7 is asking too much... I mean, I could see him deserving a 6, but a 7? Really? On a character who's pretty mediocre when all is said and done? Now I'll admit, I don't have the patience to work with laguz units (and I'm outright not very good with them at all), but still... 4 levels of BEXP (which you say Ranulf needs) is a lot when you're only working with 25% of the BEXP that you'd have in normal mode (you only get half as much, and it takes twice as much to give a character a level). Is it worth it? Hell no! And there's the fact that you tried to downplay his gauge AND his inability to counter ranged combatants - flaws that cannot simply be swept under the rug.

Edited by Golden Cucco