Changing the Game Title from the Logo

King Marth 64

I wanted to know how do you spouse to change game's subtitle of Sword of Seals to The Binding Blade when only changing the Japanese version's name to the possible official given name for the updated version of the FE6 Patch? Does this work of a Photoshop skills to replace the official Japanese version or is there a code that it can allow to change text of Sword of Seals?

Edited by King Marth 64

how do you... spouse? suppose?

well anyway, um... Fire Emblem 6's title screen is completely made of graphics, so you'll need some Photoshop or other similar graphic editing skills, yes. I don't completely understand what you're saying due to some of the wording but it sounds overall like you want to change the subtitle to say "The Binding Blade" to match how it was localized in Brawl or something (not sure why, but that's another issue), and to do so you'd need to find the graphic in GBAGE, save it, edit it, and re-insert it. However, the amount of space there isn't very much (likely the original kanji for "Sword of Seals" was very small or something... and yes, a quick google search proves this: http://tcrf.net/images/3/31/Fire_Emblem_Fuuin_no_Tsurugi-title.png) so you'd either have to have a very small font or change the scroll to accommodate a larger font (which would in-turn most likely require some TSA hacking).

The palette is likely right next to the graphic so if you know how to locate palettes in a hex editor just through scanning you might not even have to do a find/search, but the latter isn't really hard or time-consuming so eh...

Good luck~

KM64 is basically just asking around for people who know how to do it. I don't think he plans on doing it himself however. He wants to contribute to Popo's project.

I know perfectly well how to do it, if Popo requests such help in doing so, KM64.

The thing is, Popo hasn't BEEN here because she's busy with graduate school stuff. So the project is at a standstill. Contributing such a trivial change to a project that is at a current deadlock really doesn't amount to much.

well anyway, um... Fire Emblem 6's title screen is completely made of graphics, so you'll need some Photoshop or other similar graphic editing skills, yes. I don't completely understand what you're saying due to some of the wording but it sounds overall like you want to change the subtitle to say "The Binding Blade" to match how it was localized in Brawl or something (not sure why, but that's another issue), and to do so you'd need to find the graphic in GBAGE, save it, edit it, and re-insert it. However, the amount of space there isn't very much (likely the original kanji for "Sword of Seals" was very small or something... and yes, a quick google search proves this: http://tcrf.net/imag...rugi-title.png) so you'd either have to have a very small font or change the scroll to accommodate a larger font (which would in-turn most likely require some TSA hacking).

The palette is likely right next to the graphic so if you know how to locate palettes in a hex editor just through scanning you might not even have to do a find/search, but the latter isn't really hard or time-consuming so eh...

Good luck~

Thanks, but what kind of hex editor should I use for the Game's subtitle? And will Paint.NET would work for changing the game's subtitle in the logo?

KM64 is basically just asking around for people who know how to do it. I don't think he plans on doing it himself however. He wants to contribute to Popo's project.

I know perfectly well how to do it, if Popo requests such help in doing so, KM64.

The thing is, Popo hasn't BEEN here because she's busy with graduate school stuff. So the project is at a standstill. Contributing such a trivial change to a project that is at a current deadlock really doesn't amount to much.

Actually, I will probably going to use "The Binding Blade" as a place holder, since that possible subtitle name was originally used in the official site before Brawl and the current translation of FE2 had Alm and Celica and the updated version of the FE4 patch still keeping Sigurd (since its originally from the official site) and changing his son's name to Serlis that those names were from the official site and using as a place holder until if there are any changes in FE13 and it did have Medeus and Altea in the Melee, official site, and Brawl also before Shadow Dragon. (Sorry that I forgot mentioned this earlier)

I was going to probably do it for the updated version of the patch and ask her and give the updated logo for her when she gets back.

Edited by King Marth 64

I can't teach you how to make the graphic, I can only help with inserting it

and GBAGE can insert LZ77-10 and uncompressed graphics fine and that's all Fire Emblem really uses so just use GBAGE to edit the graphics (you can probably find it just by searching through GBAGE on compressed mode)

Where can I find the GBAGE so that I can use and also, what kinda size of the image of the Logo should I use so that it can use it to insert to the patch when its finished? (like use the default size to take a screenshot from the VirtualBoyAdvance (like this one that has a default size - 240 x 160) or use a different size instead?)