Salvaged FEU Documentation

Arch

Fascinating... there's an alternate version of FE8's Rise Above, and an unused FE5 song which sounds like a cross between FE4's Chapter 8 and Final Chapter songs. From the name, I'd guess that it was meant to be a lategame map theme, but somehow didn't make it to the final cut... At least, I think it's unused, I never finished FE5 and it isn't in the soundtrack...

Zahlman, there's some version of midi2agb among all that music data. Do you know if it's any better than the public one that's floating around, or is it just the same?

Fascinating... there's an alternate version of FE8's Rise Above, and an unused FE5 song which sounds like a cross between FE4's Chapter 8 and Final Chapter songs. From the name, I'd guess that it was meant to be a lategame map theme, but somehow didn't make it to the final cut... At least, I think it's unused, I never finished FE5 and it isn't in the soundtrack...

Zahlman, there's some version of midi2agb among all that music data. Do you know if it's any better than the public one that's floating around, or is it just the same?

No idea, I tend not to run executables included in zips of questionable origin. I'd be surprised if it were meaningfully different though.

These were leftover in FE7? I dunno where you pulled these from. The Rise Above sounds incomplete, like they decided just to stop working on the track halfway through.

It's pretty interesting; Vincent's pre-release info page for FE7 states that Distant Roads and Prologue from FE8 was also intended as tracks for FE7. I guess they threw in those incomplete/scrapped tunes. Gives a bit of interesting insight into FE8's development, at least the soundtrack.

Edited by Arch

These were leftover in FE7? I dunno where you pulled these from. The Rise Above sounds incomplete, like they decided just to stop working on the track halfway through.

Back when "Gil-Galad sharing the FE6/7 Music Driver Source Code" was live, there was a zip on his site that included it. I can't find it there any more, though.

That stuff is what I was talking about here though FWIW.

Edited by zahlman