The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Now of course the skills would be Miracle, Armsthrift, and Despoil, and unless i'm forgetting something, those are the only luck based skills in the game, correct?

As far as I know, yes.

Does Miracle continue to proc multiple times even at 1 HP?

No.

And what class offers the highest luck pair up bonus? I would be choosing his wife, and her class based on this. (Although i am guessing that would probably be Noire Lucina)

The best you can get is Great Lord with +4.

Other things I'd be making sure to include is Rally Luck (through Mari) luck tonics, and possibly even rally spectrum. Any other tips to effectively max out luck would be appreciated.

LB, All+2, Defender and Nidhogg.

This build could probably get hilarious if i threw in Vengeance, but that pairing doesnt have access to that. I suppose i could try marrying off a +luck avatar, but i am unsure how much more difficult that would make my early game. Otherwise, his other 2 skill slots would be Sol and Renewal/Tomefaire. Or possibly Axefaire for bolt axe craziness.

Edit: umm... i somehow thought Donnel had the barbarian class, but after looking at him i realize i was wrong and that he has fighter instead. Well, despoil isnt exactly necessary, but it would just be funny to see my convoy stashed with bullions...

As novel as high Lck sounds, it's actually not the best way to go about... Whatever it is that you'd be going about, and the reason for that is RK. With it, you can hit 100% Miracle, 100% Despoil, what have you- and you can't go higher than 100%. Any increase you may see from using Donnel as a dad simply can't compete with perfection.

Chrom!Brady!Morgan married to Maribelle!Lucina is thus probably the way to go. Morgan can still get a +9 Lck mod, so with LB, All+2, Defender and RK he should have...

45(base) +9(mods) +10(LB) +14(Rally) +9(pairup) +10(RK) +2(All+2) +1(Defender) +2(tonic) +10(Nidhogg) =112. That's as high as you're going to get.

Now, obviously you only actually need 100 for 100% anything, so it's time to cut what you don't need. Defender, All+2 and the Lck asset are good places to start, that'll drop you to 105. However, if you went back and got a Spd or Def asset, you'd be up to 107, which means you can take a +0 pairup and be fine.

You can therefore take a Chrom!Brady!Morgan with a +Spd or Def asset and any flaw but Lck, run just LB and RK, and use Nidhogg, and have your 100% skills and three slots to use them in. AT will be pretty important to keep Nidhogg around, but Miracle is essentially useless even with 100% activation and I'd strongly recommend replacing it with GF to double your Bullion haul (since Despoil is player phase only).

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As novel as high Lck sounds, it's actually not the best way to go about... Whatever it is that you'd be going about, and the reason for that is RK. With it, you can hit 100% Miracle, 100% Despoil, what have you- and you can't go higher than 100%. Any increase you may see from using Donnel as a dad simply can't compete with perfection.

I am already aware high Lck isnt exactly an effective build, just mainly something i was curious about. I kind of wish there were better Lck skills out there (tho AT definitely is great).

Chrom!Brady!Morgan married to Maribelle!Lucina is thus probably the way to go. Morgan can still get a +9 Lck mod, so with LB, All+2, Defender and RK he should have...

45(base) +9(mods) +10(LB) +14(Rally) +9(pairup) +10(RK) +2(All+2) +1(Defender) +2(tonic) +10(Nidhogg) =112. That's as high as you're going to get.

I haven't purchased any DLC stuff, so stuff like LB is on my list of things to use.

Now, obviously you only actually need 100 for 100% anything, so it's time to cut what you don't need. Defender, All+2 and the Lck asset are good places to start, that'll drop you to 105. However, if you went back and got a Spd or Def asset, you'd be up to 107, which means you can take a +0 pairup and be fine.

So since any pairup will give at least +3 anyways, i can safely toss LB for another skill, (since i dont have dlc anyways)

You can therefore take a Chrom!Brady!Morgan with a +Spd or Def asset and any flaw but Lck, run just LB and RK, and use Nidhogg, and have your 100% skills and three slots to use them in. AT will be pretty important to keep Nidhogg around, but Miracle is essentially useless even with 100% activation and I'd strongly recommend replacing it with GF to double your Bullion haul (since Despoil is player phase only).

This is all very useful information regardless of whether i actually try something like this. It is kind of a bummer that Miracle doesnt activate multiple times at 1 hp, but i suppose since it is actualy possible to get over 100%, it would be very broken. The skill actually sounds kind of contradictory to me. I feel like its there to save you from a fluke crit, but if you're sporting mountains of luck, you're crit immune anyways. GF isnt a bad idea too.

Either way, thanks for taking the time to answer my silly questions.

Fair point. I must be incompetent at Ch 17. (the tree one, if i have my numbers right) cuz i've had a few instances of Lissa proc'ing Miracle there.

I'm mainly just trying to find some fun builds in Lunatic (no real desire to pull hairs over Lunatic+ after all i've heard about it), and generally it seems the most efficient one centers around AT, Sol, Veng, or Nosferatu tanking and hiding in a corner. I'm thinking i'll take this luck build and try it with Brady using GF and despoil to stock up on bullions to keep Nah supplied with dragonstone+, since those are my 2 favorite kids atm. If anyone has some fun builds/pairings, i wouldnt mind hearing them.

So, I’m attempting Lunatic+ (Classic/No grind/No DLC/No Spot-pass) Run where I use Male Robin (DEF+ SKL-). I’m currently going to chapter 3, and proceed in the game whenever I have some spare time.

I’m here to ask a few small questions:

• Which is Better S-Support for Robin: Cordelia or Olivia?

• Which is Better for Chrom: Sumia or Sully?

• Is it worth training Virion? If it is, who should I pair him with.

• What Class path should I go with Chrom? Is (Lord -> Archer -> Sniper -> Bow Knight) the best? And how should I build class path to my Robin?

I’m also planning using Miriel x Gregor pair to make armshtrift Sorcerer Laurent. Is that a good idea?

So, I’m attempting Lunatic+ (Classic/No grind/No DLC/No Spot-pass) Run where I use Male Robin (DEF+ SKL-). I’m currently going to chapter 3, and proceed in the game whenever I have some spare time.

I’m here to ask a few small questions:

• Which is Better S-Support for Robin: Cordelia or Olivia?

• Which is Better for Chrom: Sumia or Sully?

• Is it worth training Virion? If it is, who should I pair him with.

• What Class path should I go with Chrom? Is (Lord -> Archer -> Sniper -> Bow Knight) the best? And how should I build class path to my Robin?

I’m also planning using Miriel x Gregor pair to make armshtrift Sorcerer Laurent. Is that a good idea?

1. Cordelia.

2. Sumia.

3. No.

4. Probably just Lord -> Great Lord (or possibly Lord -> Cav -> Paladin). Sumia should be the one getting the exp, not Chrom.

5. Laurent will be great in the long run and Miriel is useful, but training her prevents you from having enough exp to do a quad GF passdown without promoting Sumia and Cordelia dangerously early (and relying on Anna Seals).

I liked Lord->Cav->Paladin on Chrom since in L+ a 10/??? Cav Chrom can get some pretty hefty exp just from dual striking and I like Paladin bonuses more than Great Lord's for ingame purposes.

I remember in chapter 12 L+, every few phases I was interrupted by Chrom's level up screen, even though he was entirely in the back.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Don't you miss Aether if you do that?

Chrom's never going up front so it doesn't matter he gets Aether or not. He's pretty much pure support-- a 20+ in each relevant stat Paladin at A/S rank nets +6 in all relevant physical stats, which is excellent. Training Lucina is easier, her bases-given-level are better than his and is not very hard to train even in L+, so she's a much better falchion investment than him in the long run.

Especially if you're running MU!Lucina, but even non!Veteran Lucina can still roll pretty fast and overtake Chrom very easily due to low level decently high base situation.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Oh.

I usually make Chrom hard-support, but only once I reach post-game.

EDIT: I managed to get through the main game, though I cheated and used the Avatar Logbook as a crutch. I think I'll be staying away from Lunatic+ though.

Edited by Radiant head

Thank you for the tips! I will probably go (Lord -> Cavalier -> Paladin) with Chrom to give guaranteed master seal from ch8 to Sumia, since she getting GF will be my priority. I could also give the second seal to Robin and make him reclass to mercenary. (currently planning Tactician -> Mercenary -> Bow knight -> Sniper).

5. Laurent will be great in the long run and Miriel is useful, but training her prevents you from having enough exp to do a quad GF passdown without promoting Sumia and Cordelia dangerously early (and relying on Anna Seals).

Darn. Well, I hope I can get around with this somehow.

I was thinking of going Merc -> BK in my current Lunatic+ run, but when the time came to promote him (Cynthia's Paralogue) I decided I wanted Hero's +Def pairup boost and Hand Axes more than Bow access. They're both solid choices, though.

I accidentally deleted my Lunatic playthrough (Was up to Chapter 9) this morning by accident. Hadn't gotten enough sleep. >.>

Anyways, I'm restarting it because of my little oops, and I was wondering if I should reclass my FeMU to a Pegasus Knight right after she hits level 10 in her Tactician class, so I can get her the Galeforce skill with the Dark Flier class reasonably quick-ish?

I accidentally deleted my Lunatic playthrough (Was up to Chapter 9) this morning by accident. Hadn't gotten enough sleep. >.>

Anyways, I'm restarting it because of my little oops, and I was wondering if I should reclass my FeMU to a Pegasus Knight right after she hits level 10 in her Tactician class, so I can get her the Galeforce skill with the Dark Flier class reasonably quick-ish?

get some sleep

She should be higher than level 10 once Renown comes into play, so I wouldn't stop feeding her experience just because she's ready for a Second Seal.

Maybe.

Getting GF quickly is nice, but there's enough exp to get her to Lv.15 in her second promoted class (assuming she goes to 20 in two base classes first), and if you make GM your first promote then there's enough to do that and train more units too. Either way, it shouldn't be possible to reclass her at all before Lv.15 or so, because you can't get any Seals before Cht.4 (it's generally advised to wait until 20 to reclass).

Of course, vanilla Lunatic diminishes the value of GF a bit (compared to L+) because tanking is viable and you don't need to hit and run. By the time you actually get it, you shouldn't have problems taking enemy phases anymore.

^Good luck with that! It’s brutal (If you don’t cheat, that is…)

That said I’m currently stuck on my Lunatic+ save file. Like I’ve stated before, I’m doing a [Classic/No Bonus Box/No Logbook/No DLC] Run and having hard time on Chapter 5.

Since I’m doing a clean run, I’d like to know what is the least possible Renown amount after clearing vanilla lunatic mode once? And by how many points does the amount increase after the chapter completition.

This way I can play the game without using too ”Cheat-ish” ways to clear it (Like using up L Bullion to Forge expensive weapons early. )

Next question: Reclassing Robin.

My Robin is currently Like this:

Class: Tactician

LV18 EXP92

Str 16

Mag 15

Skill 10

Spd 14

Lck 14

Def 15

Res 7

Sword Rank D

Tome Rank B

I’d Like to reclass him into Merc but I’m not sure if I’m able to combat enemies with no magic user around (I had no room to train Miriel, so she’s still LV1, and Ricken isn't even an option). So I'm asking, would Dark mage be better reclass to Robin at the moment?

If you can get the sword rank to C you can always use Levin sword

Magic isn't so vital as just having 2 range options to not get whacked by counter

If you are using a javelin user like Sumia it's probably okay to just hit enough times to run Levin

Edited by Thor Odinson

You get 10 Renown per chapter. If you complete the game without doing any Paralogues, I think you should start with 270 (I never did check if Premonition counted, now that I think about it).

You're a bit short of either of the common solutions for the map. Merc needs Swords C for Levin Swords and even then, that's going to be really limited if you can't buy extras from Spotpass. If you can get to Tomes A (or pick up a Mag with a level up), a forged +5mt Wind will let you one-shot any Wyverns who don't have Aegis+. This takes a lot of pressure off of Robin's flank when fighting the grounds forces. It works for both Tactician and Dark Mage (no Mag change on reclass). Dark Mage is always a good choice because Hex and Anathema are not only great early on, but have long-term staying power. Plus, Sorcerer is an extremely powerful class (Vengeance can help deal with Counter). Both DM and Sorc also have a high mobility advantage during the upcoming desert maps.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Thank You both for the answers.

The sword rank will probably go to C after 3-5 hits, so technically I could start using Levin Sword soon and reclass to mercenary. Though, the downfall here is that I'm probably not able to use that one Levin sword long, and buying more is at the moment impossible since my Run rules ban the use of Bonus team shops. This same rule will also make me impossible to use javelins with Sumia until I Unlock a legit shop that sells them (or get a lucky Anna encounter). I still have the javelin which you get from Kellam, but it has only 1 use left so it's quite useless now.

If we assume that 270 is the value I had at the start of this run, That would give me total of 330 renown at the moment and access to items up to energy drop. (I don't think premonition counts since it feels more like an event than an actual chapter.)

So, as my decision, I'm going to Dark mage path. I'm not sure how fast I'm able to A rank tomes, though (it's currently at B and half).

Hmmm, yeah, you won't hit A very soon. Likely by the end of the chapter, but that's not going to help you in the immediate future. You're probably going to need to hope for +Mag on your next level up. Either that, or you could pair with Miriel/Ricken, but assuming you've been building a Chrom support, that's an awful lot of survivability and Dual Strike offense to give up.

Yeah, my Robin has B support with Chrom currently and I want to keep that Dual strike. I wonder if I can reclass to dark mage in the middle of the chapter ( after getting the level up from LV18 to LV19). Since my Robin will level up after killing the first enemy on the map, I could restart until I get desired mag + other stat ups. Reclassing in the middle of the chapter will use a turn from my Robin though, so maybe my best bet is to just reclass at the preparation screen and hope that mag +1 with my dark mage level up.

I would advise against the mid-chapter reclass too. C5's turns are already really tight, so unless you get a pretty favourable Counter distribution, you're going to want that action. You'll have some time before you need to deal with the Wyvs, though. Unless you're going for a couple specific early engages with them, they won't be in range until turn 3 PP.