The Adventures of Fredrick

someonewhodied

Fredrick bosses everything up till CH4, then I can start killing the weaker enemies on golden gaffe and get my legacy characters. (This is an in progress playthrough)

Progress:

Premontion: No way to lose this.

Prologue: Fredrick Pwned everything

CH1: Fredrick tanked everything while grabbing event tiles.

CH2: Fredrick needed to use 2 uses of the elixir but he managed to live.

CH3: Thanks to LV ups granting speed, I managed to double the hammerman and easily take out the boss.

CH4: I just piled my renown award stat boosts on fredrick and gave him a tiki's tear to run through the level super fast

*Golden Gaffe: I did a few runs killing weaker enemies with chrom and MU while fred killed the high level pre-promote enemies.

---And so I start phasing Freddie out---

CH5: I got some all stats+2 manuals for chrom, freddie, and MU. MU is paired with Freddie while spotpass Amelia goes with Chrom.

*Double Skirmish: My previous MU and Micaiah had to do this one. CH6 and LV20 promoted enemies? Really?

Edited by someonewhodied

Fredrick bosses everything up till CH4, then I can start killing the weaker enemies on golden gaffe and get my legacy characters. (This is an in progress playthrough)

Progress:

Premontion: No way to lose this.

Prologue: Fredrick Pwned everything

CH1: Fredrick tanked everything while grabbing event tiles.

CH2: Fredrick needed to use 2 uses of the elixir but he managed to live.

CH3: Thanks to LV ups granting speed, I managed to double the hammerman and easily take out the boss.

From what I have heard, this is how must people do Lunatic. Frederick is a Godsend, but even with him it took me 22 turns to beat the Prologue.

I seriously just abused avatar more than frederick. I found it better in the long run. I don't understand why everyone says Fred is required for lunatic. You don't need to abuse him or use him that much.

Because total control of the weapon triangle, decent defense, and speed that can be rectified by supporting him with a required character makes him ideal for carrying the team until you get to DLC.

I seriously just abused avatar more than frederick. I found it better in the long run. I don't understand why everyone says Fred is required for lunatic. You don't need to abuse him or use him that much.

Because you 3HKO enemies and are 2HKOd and don't have chokepoints?

Because you 3HKO enemies and are 2HKOd and don't have chokepoints?

This still doesn't change the fact. Fred IS NOT required for lunatic. I'm pretty sure the only level you need to use him on would be the prologue. After that you can function without him. Especially after chapter 3. WITHOUT DLC after chapter 3 you can easily function without him as long as you didn't screw over all your other units.

I paired Avatar up with chrome on chapter 1 had him stand on the fort with vulnery's and used lightning spam mostly. I had + def - luck and had enough defense to manage to live through it. I also used sully down at the bottom to kill one of the mercs to make it a bit easier.

And on chapter 2 you can just pair a good defense avatar with sully and move him forward like you would fred. It works in the same manner.

Maybe it only worked for me because I had + defense avatar and he was decently leveled because I didn't use fred that much but either way it worked.

From what I have heard, this is how must people do Lunatic. Frederick is a Godsend, but even with him it took me 22 turns to beat the Prologue.

Shit man, 22 turns? And I thought when I fucked up and did it in 9 turns instead the 8 from my first file (that I had to restart because speed screwed MU and speed screwed Chrom) I felt kind of bad.