Is there ANY way to control the ads at the top of the page?

Is it the gay.com one? That's kinda bugging me too. Also, why does everyone confuse site content as forum problems? Site content is for information on the resource site.

Well I got this from another forum I used go to, it blocks ads if you're on Firefox.

Okay, so it's become apparent to me most of you are still seeing Ads. (*facepalm*) If you're still using Internet Explorer and are willing to change your evil ways, then keep reading. If you're still using Internet Explorer and are too lazy to consider changing to a far superior browser, then please kick your own ass and GTFO this thread.

Anyway...

First off, you'll need to download a couple things:

Firefox - Download and install the web browser. It may take a few moments. Once you've got it installed, open it up and download this: Ad Block

A prompt should open up asking if you want to install. Click "Install Now" and restart Firefox. Upon re-opening Firefox you should see this in the bottom right corner:

Guide-1.jpg

Now you can begin blocking those cursed Ads. To block an ad at the source all you have to do is right click on it:

Guide-2.jpg

This box should come up:

Guide-3.jpg

Click OK and the Ad should be gone forever. Easy enough, right? Alternatively you can just do this:

Guide-4.jpg

What that will do is block all the images/ads coming from the Proboards.com server. But I don't recommend doing it on the forums, just for ad servers.

Next I'll show you how to kill off those annoying Flash ads, since right-clicking on them to block them doesn't work. I feel like targeting the Maple Global website. So what you do is click on the Ad Block button on the bottom right corner, and this box should come up:

Guide-5.jpg

Flash ads will always have EMBED as a Node Name, so it's easier to locate it. All you do is highlight it like I have and click OK. The flash ad will now be gone from the page. Here's what the Global website looks like after I got done with it:

Guide-6.jpg

Be careful when blocking things, though the site loads A LOT faster now. F2

If you ever block something by mistake and want it unblocked, right click on the Ad Block button and go to Preferences:

Guide-7.jpg

From here scroll through the list until you find what you blocked, right click on it and click Delete, then click Done.

Guide-8.jpg

Well, now you're half-way there to faster browsing, just one more thing to do:

In your Address bar type: about:config

Once it Opens You should see similar this:

Guide-9.jpg

In the filter bar type: network.http.pipelining and press Enter

Guide-10.jpg

Normally it says "false" under value field, Double click it so it becomes "true."

While we're here, double click the one under it and change the value to 8.

Go to the filter bar again and type: network.http.proxy.pipelining and press Enter

Guide-11.jpg

Normally it says "false" under value field, Double click it so it becomes "true."

Go to the filter bar again and type: network.dns.disableIPv6 and press Enter

Guide-12.jpg

Go to the filter bar once more and type: plugin.expose_full_path and press Enter

Guide-13.jpg

Now you need to Create new Preference name with integer value. For this Right click on anything -> New -> Integer

Guide-17.jpg

Once it opens you should see the following screen:

Guide-15.jpg

Here you need to type: nglayout.initialpaint.delay and click OK

Guide-16.jpg

Now you need to enter 0 in value field and click OK

Do the exact same thing for the following Preference names:

content.notify.backoffcount

Value: 5

ui.submenuDelay

Value: 0

Once all that is done, restart Firefox and it should be running a hell of a lot faster than any browser around.

I went over the picture limit. Well, this also makes Firefox faster. For the steps, just replace Proboards with Serenes Forest, maybe that would work. I get no ads normally.

Edited by Wil

for those without firefox, the only other way is to pay the powerboards to have them removed on a monthly fee.

i don't think vincent wants to invest in something like that when you can just learn to ignore them for free.