Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

Alrighty, time to rate the main lord of this game!

Pros:

- Falchion is handy. So are rapiers.

- Good growths.

- Access to Rightful King and Aether.

- Great availability.

- Supports both Frederick and the Avatar.

Cons:

- Limited skill selection.

- Poor RES.

- Lack of high movement.

- No good 1-2 weapon until promotion.

Chrom is a fairly average lord in terms of performance and strikes a balance between the tanky lords (Hector, FE10 Ike) and the swift strikers (Lyn, Eirika). With the Falchion, Rapier and fairly solid growths, he can fight well against Armoured units and Dragon Riders. Mages trouble him though, and he lacks 1-2 attack range for the first part of the game. Luckily, his support with both Frederick and the Avatar means he won't be troubled much.

8.5/10 - 0.5 for being boring = 8/10. Pretty standard lord through and through.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite

Chrom

+ Great personal weapons (Falchion and Rapiers)

+ Gets Aether and Rightful King

+ Strong support unit

- Limited supports and rushed marriage

- Terrible resistance

- Archer class tree does nothing for him

7.5/10, he's pretty average

By the way why does Chrom get some man -bias votes? He's a bland character, but so are 99% of the lords we've received.

This doesn't excuse him for being stereotypically bland.

@OP, how should availability be factored into our scores?

Edited by Constable Reggie

8/10

Around all game, good Dual Strike+ and Rightful King skills (well, at least for passing down...), useful as the lead or support unit and throws Javelins like a boss.

Limited support options and Sword lock until promotion/re-class keep him down.

From what I've played, he's never failed me. Great support, good enough growths and bases to keep up with the crowd. Not so good reclass options, but he can pass down some decent skills. Reliable throughout the game.

Edit: No Cordelia support makes me pretty sad. Not as many supports as I thought he would have had, to be honest.

75%.

Edited by Raven

Lemme take a swing...

Pros:

+Lord class is tops

+Rightful King is better than Aether

+Only ground unit that can wield lances without DLC

+Can get some great defensive skills like Aegis and Dual Guard+

+Falchion is awesome.

Cons:

-Piss poor class options. I mean, really. ARCHER?

-Lacks a lot of skills that could've made him a better offensive unit.

-Lacks quite a few supports. If they really had to limit his marriage options, they could've expanded on his male supports.

-Stahl makes for a better Lord :Kappa:

Overall: 8/10

Since two scores are going to be compiled, I really don't see why anyone has a problem with bias being featured. There's going to be a score that doesn't factor it in. Get over it? =/

Chrom:
+Infinite-use personal weapons that slay wyverns and the final boss
+Dual Attack+ boosts not only his own offenses but makes him a great support character, offensively; Dual Guard+ is also available for boosting his defensive support

+Good growths

+Cavalier class tree very viable, although it prevents using Rapiers

+Practically guaranteed unless you're going out of your way to prevent it to have an S Rank support by a certain point

+Perfect, albeit forced, availability

+His kids automatically come with great skills he passes

-Archer class tree is useless on him
-That. Resistance. Growth.

8.5 without bias.

-0.5 bias because he can afford to buy a better personality and doesn't. So 8 with bias.

I am really, sincerely hoping that most of those who post here try to do so without the blatant hate and favoritism that has soiled the rest of these. Let's try to do better as a community.

Alright, here's Chrom.

On the whole, I really enjoy Chrom. He gets off to shaky start with stats, but grows relatively well, and even has a decent growth for resistance. The unbreakable Falchion is a great asset to him, especially as a Supporting unit. I am aware that Supporting was supposed to be left out of the rating, but I honestly do not see why not, as Pairing Up is a very viable strategy in the game.

He does not have very good Support options, or very good reclassing options. Paladin is a great choice for him due to Aegis, but Aether renders Great Knight redundant and I'm not a great fan of archer classes. Dread Fighter is really the best option for him, where at least he will get resistance more frequently.

I enjoy Chrom's personality, specifically his sense of humor in the DLC episodes. He also makes a good father Cynthia or Kjelle due to passing Aether. He is a great asset to have, especially against Grima in harder modes due to Falchion access.

I give Chrom an 8.5/10. If it must be a whole number, 9/10. He is a solid lord that ends up quite balanced, and he does not really need his lackluster reclassing options.

2/10. No Galeforce.

Terrible unit, can't get Galeforks 0/10

No no you resubmit.

Seriously though I'll give you a chance to resubmit.

Please don't take advantage of the fact that I have school from 6-2 and then work out from 2-4

P.S. for availability I'm gonna leave that up to you guys. If you think it should have an Impact then rate it as such. I'm going to be lienent on how you rate but harsh on validity of ratings and attitude towards others.

Edited by Randa

Chrom is cool.

That Frederick support, man. With his Oifey tucked in his pocket, nothing can get in this guy's way during the earlygame. The Falchion is also pretty sweet since as other stated, it's an infinite use iron sword that makes wyvern cry. Chapter 5 is when it definitely comes to shine, as well as in Chapter 7. He continues to shine well throughout the game, and he makes an awesome dad for Cynthia, a VERY awesome dad for Morgan, a VERY awesome dad for Kjelle, an alright one for Brady, and an alright one for Inigo.

Unforuntately, his class set kind of blows (archer?) and he tends to have SPD issues. Other then that, Chrom is a great lord and definitely one of HM's best units.

8.5/10.

EDIT: Please don't count troll votes. I thought you wanted a civilized RTU. Ignore Aeine and PKL, they only want things their strange way.

Edited by Zeem

At this point they won't be counted but I will be nice and allow them to put in a valid score.

Ohey this is a cool thing.

I see nothing wrong with a cap on bias (+1/-1 is really all you need, and you can tell which votes are a) troll or b) overbiased based on how the vote compares to the rest, and both of these kind of votes should be thrown out without question.

Anyways, Chrom:

+ Avatar AND Frederick support give him options in the beginning. Avatar gives him some Speed and the support grows rather quickly. Whereas Fred!Chrom takes very small amounts of damage in pretty much all of the earlygame.

+ Cavalier reclass is awesome for LTC, and Rightful King+Aegis is pretty sweet for when you want to play casually or grind.

+ Awesome availability

+ Falchion is great for wyverns

+ Dual Strike+ is pretty helpful

+ Access to Great Knight / Bow Knight gives Chrom some options as a pairup bot

- Archer reclass option sucks forever (because the class itself is terrible and so are the skills)

- Falchion is really weak, and gets outclassed by the Ch.9 Wyrmslayer.

- Lacks a good class pool to take advantage of "postgame grinding" (Rightful King+Aether+Aegis is really all you're going to get)

- His support pool is really narrow, with Chrom and Frederick being his best ones.

+ 0.5 bias because I will totally bang his daughter

7.5/10

Edited by Dinfinitysymbolfina

Chrom huh?

Well, as far as lords go he kind of disappoints me as a boring main character.

Class wise he has okay options. It would have been better with knight/general class options, but that's neither here nor there.

Dual strike+ and guard+ are nice options to have. Aether and rightful king as well. Falchion to Enchanted Falchion is a nice touch, sadly Enchanted isn't 1-2 range, but then everyone would be rating him 10/10 am I right?

Supports are kind of dull in my humble opinion and it feels to me like he was rushed into marriage. The village girl is really cheesy to me; especially when you see she doesn't even have a name.

Overall I give him a 7/10 for being alright, but no love or hate for him really. He's just such a non-character personality wise I can't decide if I like him or not.

Chrom, in my opinion, is a very well balanced unit at any stage in the game and a true asset to the army. His unbreakable falchion saves gold and his attack is pretty high. He could stand for more diversity in his skill set, but what he does have access to isn't to be laughed at. Aether, Luna, Rightful King is a lethal combo that'll have him nearly always attack with a strike that halves enemy defense-- not to mention as a Great Lord he'll have the ability to use spears and thus have a 1-2 range. He makes for a great support unit with his Dual Strike + and Dual Guard + from Great Knight and he fathers some of the most powerful children in the game. Not to mention he has access to Aegis which halves Tome and Bow damage with the added activation rate from Rightful King. The only con I'd give him is due to his limited skill set which limits his potential use in taking on different roles, but overall a strong choice in any army.

* * * * * * * * 8/10

EDIT: Archer class is pretty bad, but I'd say that I do like Accuracy +20 on Dark Mages-- but that's just me.

Edited by Raine

Chrom's really reliable, and deserves a good rating,

Pros:

+ Available from the start, with Dual Strike+.

+ Falchion is ace.

+ Very easy to get to good combat strength early game. and growths are fine for the rest of the game.

+ Cavalier tree.

+ Great pair up unit even if he falls behind lategame.

Cons:

- No range 1-2 weapon without reclassing or promoting. Even going Great Lord will make it hard work to get.

- Going anything other than Paladin or Great Lord will probably gimp him mid-campaign.

- Restrictive support pool can get annoying.

i'll give him an 8.5

Edited by LunaSaint

So before I hibernate for the next eight hours I would like to point a little discovery I made while doing the current scores. The difference between the bias and unbiased scores is less than 0.12 points. Looking at it I think people may have overreacted saying it radically changes the score.

Oh this again...

Well lets see here, Chrom...

Pros:

Infinite Weapon.

Good Skills.

Decent Stat Balance.

Really Great Pair Up.

Cons:
Class tree kinda smells outside Paladin.

Limited Support Options.

Chrom is a decent unit and makes for a good pair up partner due to Dual Strike+. Falchion is also neat. Having not to worry about your lord's main weapon is really freaking nice, lemmie tell you. Exalted Falchion is amazing. His skills are nice. Dual Strike+ helps early game, Aether rocks, Rightful King kicks ass, etc. His stats other than HP are ok too. Hes rather balanced.

But his reclassing options are meh. Paladin is really the best option for him. He really doesnt need Luna because Aether, so why go Great Knight unless you want all the weapons. And reclassing him is best done after he gets Rightful King. His support pool smells and i hate that. Also plot forced marriage is a bit eh but i guess it cant be helped.

Overall hes a decent lord. 8/10.

I have to disagree with the above post. Aether, at best, has a 35% activation rate while Luna has a 65% activation rate. Aether gets rolled first and then Luna gets rolled meaning that Aether eats into Luna's activation and not so much the other way around. If you go based on probability, having them both gives you a great chance of activating either of them on a given attack granting you 1/2 the enemy's def in damage for a single strike.

he's great earlygame which is unusual for lords, and Falchion is an awesome earlygame weapon what with the wyverns and such that hang around then. Dual Strike+ is pretty awesome as well. Statwise he's great. Unless he goes Cavalier though, his skills will suffer, as Aether is pretty bad without Rightful King, and that's not gotten until late and isn't a very good skill either.

8.5/10 with 0.5 bias because i like his cut ins.

Pros: Infinite Iron Sword for the most of ingame with an infinite forged Silver Sword endgame.

Great Lord is an amazing class.

Access to Great Knight via reclassing

Is a great supporting unit postgame

Cons: Archer reclass

Lack of range for half of the game with only an infinite weapon to compensate

Resistance growth

Unreliable skill activation ingame until the game is almost over.

7/10

Edited by Quick

Ok, I'll bite (no trolling)

Chrom is a unit that joins right from the word go, with decent bases and 2 PRF Iron Swords. One them is pretty useful to him for killing wyverns (Ch5, 7 and others) and the other is useful for killing cavaliers/knights. His earlygame is actually pretty good, thanks to his nice balance of bases and growths. As a support unit, he is amazing, having Dual Strike + and giving bonuses other great units want. He has the option of going Cavalier, which is pretty handy, as it will improve his movement so he can keep up and it will give him discipline so he can gain access to 1-2 range of his own. Paladin is also a really rad class. As for supports, he supports Frederick, which is a pretty effective combination. Vaike, who likes his spd boost. Sully, whom he gives enough spd to double some enemies if her spd is behaving. Sumia, who isn't actually too bad with him once he reclasses to Cavalier. And naturally, the Avatar, whom he supports rather well and it's in his best interest to be with Avatar anyway (Veteran Lucina). I find him to be pretty mediocre as a Great Lord, probably due to my playstyle or maybe because Great Lord sucks ass vs Paladin. (Aether is unreliable, 6 move and no discipline). Rightful King comes too late for him to be worth considering ever going Great Lord. Having access to Archer can allow him to go Bow Knight after he's done with Paladin if you so desire, if he has fallen off and you'd rather make him full support later for movement and decent dual strikes with A swords, that is. Overall, he's a nice unit in both the support and main combat unit role.

For this, I give him a rating of 8.5/10.

-1 for being one of the most unrelatable and unlikable lords in the series. So, 7.5/10

Edited by Peekayell

Pros

- Falchion

- Great Stats

- Dual Attack+ in the beginning

- Lord & Great Lord class and skills are awesome

Cons

- Crappy RES growth. Good thing there's Dread Fighter

- Why archer?!

- Forced unit in most Chapter & Paralogue

I'd give him 8.5/10

Thank you everyone who submitted a rating. Day 2 is now open. MU(male and female) flaw and asset are up to you.

Male 10

Female 10

I don't think I even need to explain.

P.S. I'm done making polls.

Edited by Randa