Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

Sully really isn't great at all on her own, and it will probably take a while for her to become self-sufficient in combat with her starting stats and growths being as shaky as they are (heck, most of my Sullies were bad, but I'm trying to be objective here). She does, however, have buckets of earlygame experience available to her, Discipline to get her using Silvers in almost no time, and a support with Stahl that simply does everything. She's not the Grandmaster of Disaster, or an all-around force like Freddy, but she still has a lot going for her.

8/10

Edited by Inference

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sully is amazing, nuff said. Great growth, great availability, great pair up value-- heck, I can't think of a bad thing about her other than she doesn't get galeforce/dual support+ on her own. Other than that, all of her other classes support one another beautifully and as said before is one of the better 1st gen units in the game.

8/10

She is a reilable unit with high move, but she lacks galeforce. She would have been the second best in the game if she had it, but is third behind galeforce Sumia and Avatar instead imo.

8.5/10

7/10 with bias (she looks like a sheman dressed in a toilet and has an annoying personality. I'm also biased against red hair because it's gross)

Sully is one of those characters that can snowball if you give her tons and tons of exp, but a lot of units do that. With an average amount of exp, that's what she is, pretty average. Her start is pretty rough, but once she hits level 10 or so, she's usually set.

7.5/10

edit - her reclass options are ok too, i guess

This, but 6.5/10 because of character bias.

Oh Sully. Quick and dirty, she likes it.

Pros:
Mounted at base.

Decent reclassing options.

Great support pool including Chrom.

Cons:

Bases are ehh.

Strength has issues without reclass.

Sully is pretty solid. Shes your red cav and her modifiers reflect that. Her speed usually keeps up and shes usually fine without a reclass. But her start is shaky, and her defense and strength may lag. With a defense pair up partner, shes pretty good to go though. As a mounted unit, she can get to the murder faster. One of her reclass options is the wyvern branch and thats not bad. She has access to breaker skills and Deliverer which makes her mobility even better. Her support pool is awesome. Every first gen male is an option. I really like her personality too (but im leaving out bias points.)

7.5/10. The only time where Sully's business end was really Sully is on my run where she paired with Chrom. Other times, shes just been decent.

She is a reilable unit with high move, but she lacks galeforce. She would have been the second best in the game if she had it, but is third behind galeforce Sumia and Avatar instead imo.

8.5/10

7/10 with bias (she looks like a sheman dressed in a toilet and has an annoying personality. I'm also biased against red hair because it's gross)

Bias only goes up to one point.

Sully's fantastic, she does surprisingly decent in earlygame with a pairup, and discipline allows for quick access to stronger weapons. Wyvern is a great reclass option, and she never really falls behind like Frederick unfortunately does. She doesn't have any noteworthy problems in my eyes. 9.5/10

8.5/10 bias since her character is awful.

I really don't like Sully that much. She's good with enough exp poured into her, but then again so is everyone. She has discipline, a horse and a nice reclass set going for her, but none of her bases really stand out, and she wants too many things at once to begin with. She doesn't do an awful lot of damage, and isn't too tanky. She doesn't take long to start doubling with a Chrom pair, but that kind of exposes those weaknesses. She's still a solid unit but I don't really think she's all that she's hyped up to be.

Taking a point off of her from bias, since she seems to think that gaining magic is more important than strength for me.

6.5/10

Stats in a vacuum mean little, and Chrom has Falchion for C5, C7, C9, and Final. Chrom is useful without hogging the lead support slot, and can pass Rightful King to Morgan.

8/10 for Sully. Overrated as heck, but her mobility helps in C3 and she can get Deliverer. Discipline gives her good weapons to make up for her so-so stats.

Quick thing for the morning. I will not be awake at six am on a Saturday just starting scoring at 0600 est. I'll change everything when I wake up.

I haven't used Sully very often, but from what I have seen of her, she's a great unit, loathe I am to admit it.

Her growth rates are fantastic, and she has solid reclassing options. Good modifiers as well.

I hate dislike her, though. Her personality is terrible.

Overall: 6.5/10

Thank you everyone day 24601 has begun do you know what that means.

However to the above poster personal feelings about a characters personality or appearance are bias which you never stated you applied, however you mentioned no negative points against her so the score shouldn't be that low you have three hours to resubmit a reasoning as to why it is so low or it will be discounted.

Virion the arcchest of archers, the manliest of men, the second worst unit in the game (only after donnel).

Pros:

Gets wyvern rider

Okay support bot early on

Cons:

Horrible defensive stat and growth

horrible bases in everything but skill

Bow locked unless he gets a second seal or a master seal

Ten levels of suck to become okay

Other units want both seals first.

He isn't very good I tried and was not impressed. He would constantly die and having no enemy phase can hurt a lot. You think he would be useful in chapters 5&7 were ther is next to nobody who can take on the archers. No he takes one the rest swarm and he dies. 1/10 poor class to begin too much competition for the seals. I may try him again in the future though.

Edited by Randa

Virion is an interesting case for me.

Pros:
Access to Sniper, ergo access to Longbows, which can be handy

Good mods to pass on to Inigo

Good class sets to pass on to Inigo

Funny personality (if that counts)

Cons:

Gains the wrong stats during many levels

Not very durable, which makes him dead meat as a Sniper

Unable to become a Sorcerer or Assassin (Yes I consider this as a con, seeing as how they are the best classes)

Overall, Virion is an archer who can't do the job too well, but if you reclass him to something more utilizable, he'll be alright. The Longbow access would put him a step ahead of others in Lunatic and such, because it is very safe. Even moreso in Lunatic +, where enemies have Counter and such, and wielding bows prevents Virion from falling into Counter traps.

I'd say he's atleast a 5/10. He's average as a unit, but he can make a great Inigo and I like him as a character.

Virion the archest of archers, the manliest of men, the second worst unit in the game (only after donnel).

Pros:

Gets wyvern rider

Okay support bot early on

Cons:

Horrible defensive stat and growth

horrible bases in everything but skill

Bow locked unless he gets a second seal or a master seal

Ten levels of suck to become okay

Other units want both seals first.

He isn't very good I tried and was not impressed. He would constantly die and having no enemy phase can hurt a lot. You think he would be useful in chapters 5&7 were ther is next to nobody who can take on the archers. No he takes one the rest swarm and he dies. 1/10 poor class to begin too much competition for the seals. I may try him again in the future though.

This. So much this.

Virion

A mixed bag of sorts, Virion need to hit somewhere near 9 or so speed so he can competitively double with some unit in his lap by the part 1 chapters. He has quite a cool Pair Up Bonus, and he can wield some bows. After that, for sometime, he can Promote into BK or Sniper and does fine from some chapters. His Bow Support attacks, especially with Killer Bows are pretty cool, so getting that C Bows can be quite useful.

And thats basically it. Hes going to fall down quite fast after the small moment of glory, if that can be called glory at all.

Reclass wise, eh he has Wyvern, but sadly, his base are not that good, he did not perform well and have Discipline(Sully) and Archer has a terrible base stats instead of shitty-oh-god-why-is-it-so-terrible-freaking-awful base stats(Panne)

Still better than Lissa, well, he also has Frederick Support if that counts for something..... or something

3/10

Of course, because Virion is better than everyone at everything and because he is God Damn Virion, bias point.

4/10 bias.

But seriously, you can sum him up by "He can use shit nobody can use and is pretty fine with it" and thats it. Hes pretty terrible otherwise

Edited by JSND

Pros

+Has Iron bow at start, making him pretty strong at chip damage.

+Pretty decent pair-up bot, giving +2 DEF.

+Can reclass to Wyvern Rider

Cons

-Terrible bases, especially in SPD

-Locked to bows, giving him a terrible Enemy Phase

-Extremely slow to gain EXP with, even slower than Frederick.

-For the love of god, Virion cannot take a hit.

Fun Fact: I just played Hard Mode, and I'm reminded of how much trash these enemies are. So trashy that Avatar, Chrom, and Frederick can decimate all the enemies during the early game with ease.

This is actually relevant, as Virion's strongest utility during the early game is chip damage. This actually makes him far more useful in both Lunatic and Lunatic+, and if it was either of those modes he'd get a much higher score. However, in Hard Mode his utility is not only unnecessary but also a hindrance. While everyone can take on enemies during Enemy Phase, Virion cannot due to being bowlocked. He cannot utilize the Weapon Triangle, and his unique attribute (having a ranged attack) gets contested right after his debut chapter. It also doesn't help he has paper defense and has a laughable 5 SPD at base, which means even with a Pegasus pair-up, he'll still be unable to double anything but Knights.

This makes Virion extremely hard to level. This, coupled with the fact that everyone else will be getting really strong, really fast, and eventually gaining access to ranged weapons puts Virion in a really bad spot. This guy needs a reclass badly, but it's such a long way to go and you'll have to baby him for a number of chapters. Once you do get him to level 10, he can reclass to Wyvern Rider and gain access to Axes, and once he's there he's a perfectly usable character. The problem is getting there, and the fact you can do much better.

Lissa is more useful than him, but he's salvagable, so I'll go with 3/10.

Its a shame i'm going to have to rate Virion poorly since I like him and I have a soft spot for archers.

Anyway Virion joins pretty early, but he's really not all that good when he joins. I really wonder why IS keeps giving early archers horrible bases. His growths aren't bad, but it takes a little while before his bases are completely salvaged and he still has the no enemy phase problem that archers have until promotion and starting with E swords is not very great either.

His class set is also very ackward. The archers and mage classes really don't mix well with each other or with the wyvern line. He gains no offensive skills and the good skills that he does get, either only benefit the archer class, are gained at a high level or both. Carrier is the sort of an exception, but it does require a second seal and a master seal again or getting him all the way to level 15 sniper or BK

3/10 with 1 bias point since I like him. 4/10

Virion

Pros:

Makes a good support bot.

Has access to multiple breaker skills (Sword, Bow, and Lance breaker).

Has access to every weapon type aside from dark magic.

Can grow pretty well.

Cons:

Poor base stats.

Poor defensive growths.

No enemy phase attacking until reclass/promotion to bow knight.

Lack of good offensive skills.

While Virion's cons hurt him pretty badly, I have always had quite an easy time using Virion (on Hard mode and Lunatic mode) and since this is for hard mode I'll give him a 6/10.

Edited by Zelos

1/10

Virion is awful: terrible base stats, 2-range lock, and a dime a dozen pair-up bonuses. And to add to these failures, he has some of the wonkiest reclass setups in the entire game. Having Longbow utility will never make-up for these shortcomings.

Virion trades enemy phase for, unnecessary early game chip damage. Well at least he makes a decent support bot, for a little while until better ones come along. He can grow pretty well, but his bases are rather poor and other units are killing the early game just fine whithout him.

3/10

But because he is the archest Archer who strides large across history's greatest stage, he gets my first bias point.

4/10 biased score